KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!
By cdurkee
Ok,
so i picked up this for $20.00

apparently the switches are shot, and battery.

I am wondering if anyone could help me with alist to get all the parts to get this thing running on a scooter esc. mostly because it will be used on grass almost all times. and probably rubber tires.
Attachments
IMG_6595.jpg
IMG_6595.jpg (254.25 KiB) Viewed 3102 times

By daveweber34
I would begin with this thread: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2819. Note that you are never to use any of the brake connectors from the controller. That is a good way to kill it. That thread does show how to alter the brake circuit. You can also look to this thread which talks about how to alter the brake circuit from the original diagram so it doesn't fry the controller: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=10357
By bruces_eviltwin
thats not grass its a small forest :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By cdurkee
ahaha that pic was from the seller.

I now have it and have disassembled it and clean.

here are some starters
image.jpeg
dirtry!!
image.jpeg (156.8 KiB) Viewed 3045 times
image-1.jpeg
Dirty!!!
image-1.jpeg (140.08 KiB) Viewed 3045 times
image-3.jpeg
model sticker
image-3.jpeg (79.25 KiB) Viewed 3045 times
The Motors and Gears seem to be in good shape. I hooked them up and they spun nicley with no grinds or anything.
image-4.jpeg
motors and gearboxs
image-4.jpeg (91.35 KiB) Viewed 3045 times

Got her pressure washed up.
image-5.jpeg
cleaned up
image-5.jpeg (91.32 KiB) Viewed 3045 times
and here is the shifter that came out of it.
image-2.jpeg
Shifter
image-2.jpeg (159 KiB) Viewed 3045 times

Now, Im lookin for some help here with this as far as ideas go.
My Daughter already has an escalade, running 18V and shes pretty good at driving it. So, im thinking do 18v again with this one.

This is going to be a Seattle Seahawks Themed Hummer. as per request from my daughter. except, i have to integrate pink/purple into the scheme :)

the first thing i noticed, is the motors do nothing when the pedel is pressed. however, i tested continuety when the plunger is pushed, at its good.
That leaves the switches i assume.

Can anyone tell me if these are completly replaceable to a more reliable switch method?
i would like it to look as stock as possible as far as the shifter goes. If i were to order a new shifter, is there anything that can prolong the life of them?

The Second thing.....

the stickers on this thing are insane!!! i had 3800 PSI with a 0 deg nozzle and they wouldnt come off. Whos got a good trick to getting them off easily?
By cdurkee
heres some more progress.

Im sure the Green will be redone as i do not like the color AT ALL!!!
image-1.jpeg
primer
image-1.jpeg (135.27 KiB) Viewed 3007 times
image-2.jpeg
painted
image-2.jpeg (146.7 KiB) Viewed 3007 times
image.jpeg
painted
image.jpeg (159.1 KiB) Viewed 3007 times
photo.JPG
painted
photo.JPG (126.88 KiB) Viewed 3007 times

after it dries a bit, i will check. But im almost sure the blue looks like star fish too. so might end up redoing that :oops:
By cdurkee
ok, so im not happy with the colors at all.

im hoping i can paint over top of this krylon, with the one that bonds to plastic. as i dont want to re prep the whole thing again.

also, has anyone seen a lime green, or neon green in krylon?
By DefensiveWound
I am stoked to see that you are doing a Seahawks theme, I am a die hard fan! I have plans for a Seahawks vehicle but I have to wait to come across another Hurricane! Are you in the Seattle area??

I have the perfect green left over from painting two pairs of Seahawks shoes but it requires an airbrush. I think I still have the trim (that you painted green) left over from my old H2 and I could get it sprayed with my green and send it out if you are interested. I could also do any of the other green for you too but we would have to figure out logistics. See the green below.

PM me if you are interested as I might forget to check back in here. I also have an H2 shifter/housing if you need it.

Incorporating Pink into it could be easy if you think along the lines of the Breast Cancer Awarness Jerseys.
Last edited by DefensiveWound on Wed May 29, 2013 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
By cdurkee
haha, Thats Awesome!!!

im not in the seattle area, but 6 hours north from there. Im in BC, Kelowna. ( 3 hrs from vancouver)

My buddy is a seasons ticket holder, so we usually hit up a couple games a year. this year, will be the 49er, and then the Saints. :)

What green did you use? i ended up using Plasitkote Premium flourescent green. it doesnt look .... it looks ok :)

i think this one will be just a tester, as im new to the whole painting scene. but once i get the hang of it, i will do a redo with full attention to detail.

Pink, yes i was going to do the ribbon somewhere on each side.
two "12" flags off the back

licence plate will say Sea-Gal as its my daughters ride on, and she loves her seahawks stuff ;)

as for the shifter, i just bought one off of another member yesterday. well just the switches,as thats all mine needed.

I will post new pics of the new green i used once it cures and i can put some clear over it :)

Go Hawks!!!
By DefensiveWound
I can do almost any shoe. I prefer to start on white shoes, no suede. I charged $100 for those shoes and they bought the shoe to start. New shoes are best.
By cdurkee
Here are a couple more shots of some progress

still awaiting some Decals for the seahawks to badge this thing up. I will also need to redo the green. i used a floresent green by plastikote, and it does not go on very nice. lots of runs and splatters.
image3.jpeg
Progress
image3.jpeg (179.82 KiB) Viewed 2900 times
image4.jpeg
image4.jpeg (219.05 KiB) Viewed 2900 times
By DefensiveWound
The color looks like a pretty good match! I like it!

You might be able to get away with lightly wet sanding the runs/splatters with 800 grit and then re shooting the green with some clear. The clear should make the sanding marks disappear.
Last edited by DefensiveWound on Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Why should the kids have all the fun! Used this o[…]

All good. 8-) We're here to support each other an[…]

If both motors are working in high gear, look for […]

The replacement motor gearbox combo may not be sui[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course