KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!
By ms1120
Ive painted and/or rebuilt more than 40 different PowerWheels and Pegs. These are just a few of the ones Ive built and sold or still have over time.
Attachments
DSC09759.JPG
UGA Gator
fall break trip 008.jpg
UGA Quad
fall break trip 012.jpg
GT Baby Quad
fall break trip 015.jpg
Face Off
powerwheels 009.jpg
The FJ
PC200068.JPG
Sheriff Jeep
silveradowheelsnew.jpg
Silverado
DSC00522.JPG
UGA Girl Jeep
DSC00522.JPG (46.37 KiB) Viewed 8502 times
By pegperegooooo
On the Silverado with Escalade wheels, did you lift it? and if so how much and was it stable? I was going to lift ours but wasn't sure about stability.
By ms1120
No lift. They come with big wheels but they werent these. I think there is a Silverado that comes with these on it from the factory. Street Scene Silverado I think. I did fix the steering though. The link to that is in my signature
Last edited by ms1120 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ms1120
Both of these had to be done by Today. And they were done today. lol
Attachments
DSC01079.JPG
2010 Blacked Out Jeep for an Ex Niece's Daughter.
DSC01061.JPG
2010 UGA Jeep Christmas Present for a coworkers child
By killerdwood
The UGA and GT mods are so awesome. I love LSU personally, but none the less still great mods!! :D
By hkayssi
Wow! Those look great :D

Can you elaborate on how you modded this one?
What did you need to modify to fit those wheels on? :D
Last edited by hkayssi on Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ms1120
Im pretty sure nothing. I may be wrong but I think they are bolt on. Now, the jeep had the old style wheels and wasnt a lifted jeep. The wheels are from a quad. They are a little taller that the Jeep wheel so it adds a little speed. There are some axles that would be too long. I usually keep alot of 7/16" washers around in case I need to do some shimming. The customer wanted a UGA girls jeep. I would say it doesnt get much more girly.
By madmaxdecals
Nice paint work....I'll be coming to you with my lamborghini project when paint time comes around...
By ms1120
Yeah that seems to be a desired item out of me every year at Christmas. I get 6 or 8 orders yearly for team themed ride ons. My daughter could care less about radios, paint, stickers or logos...she just wants rooster tails from the back tires.
By taz11
ms1120 wrote:Yeah that seems to be a desired item out of me every year at Christmas. I get 6 or 8 orders yearly for team themed ride ons. My daughter could care less about radios, paint, stickers or logos...she just wants rooster tails from the back tires.

Geeze.....That sounds familiar :roll:
By ms1120
hootienchyna wrote:What do you use to make the decals

I guess it depends on the vehicle. For the names or just words, I use the Cricut machine that my wife has. For Football themed rides, I usually get them from a sporting goods store in automotive grade stickers. I have used bumper stickers and trimmed them to have multiple decals out of the same sticker. I have also used the decal paper and then cleared it with laquer.
By hootienchyna
so the cricut machine, do you have vinyl that you run through it or something else that handles the weather
By ms1120
Yeah. I went to the same place that does our vehicle graphics and asked for their scrap. They gave me a few pieces of a few colors and they save them for me as they go. Its all exterior vehicle grade stuff so that it doesnt fade or peal off fast.
By hootienchyna
ms1120 wrote:Yeah. I went to the same place that does our vehicle graphics and asked for their scrap. They gave me a few pieces of a few colors and they save them for me as they go. Its all exterior vehicle grade stuff so that it doesnt fade or peal off fast.

excellent to know, i will have to visit my friend that does vehicle wraps
By VinDog
Racer X wrote:I didn't realize there were so many Green Bay Packer fans in Atlanta (smile).

Racer X

For this Chicago Bears fan, there are way too many packers fans in the ATL. It is kind of funny to see them get all excited to see the "G" then crestfallen when they realize it's Georgia Bulldogs, and not another pack fan. :lol: :lol: :lol:

My wife happens to be one of them... :evil:
And my mother... :twisted:

I just bought a roof kit for my gator worksite. Since the gator is yellow, and the roof kit comes only in green, I'm worried it will look like a packers truck, and I just can't have my son driving around like that. Mom may take a picture and post it on FB, like I did with her in a Bears hat a few years ago. :lol: :lol: :lol:
From the pics above, it looks like easiest thing for eventual resale would be to paint the roof black for Georgia Tech colors.

MS, AWESOME paint jobs and mods!!
Have you done any fun paint jobs on riding mowers or anything else?
I always wanted a flame job on my mower hood, if for no other reason than to help explain all the smoke coming from the engine.
By madmaxdecals
ms1120 wrote:I havent painted anything else but PWs. My wife wont let me after she bought me a label maker and I labeled everything including the label maker.

Niiice
By madmaxdecals
those look great....nice job man
By VinDog
Starting the painting on my silver gaucho, at least the broken seat as a test. I think I'm going to use your Rhino as a template.
The Napa right by me doesn't carry paint, but luckily the Napa Paint Store is only about 15 minutes away. What specific yellow do you use for your GA Tech vehicles?
By ms1120
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/psFinishSystem/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is the laquer color chart that NAPA here gave me for the ready to use stuff. The GA Tech lil quad is painted with Rustoleum goldenrod? yellow maybe. It wasnt laquer. The rhino is in sunburst yellow. Also not laquer. All the black on them is laquer.
By VinDog
Some great information on the dupli-color site.
Have you tried the candy or metallic products?
What do you like best for cleaning laquer from your gravity feed sprayer?
By VinDog
I want to do that with a chalky old gator I have. What paint did you use? Clear coat?
By ms1120
If you use the Krylon Camo paint colors, you can clear with Laquer clear if you wanted to. I didnt clear it because it took away from the effect of camo. Clear coat would keep it from scratching as easy.
If you use Rustoleum camo paint, I dont think its laquer. Neither one of them specify but the chemicals in the Rustoleum and the dry and recoat windows are more similar to enamel. So dont use laquer clear over the Rustoleum.
By aVWguy
i helped with a camo paintjob on a demolition derby car i mangled alot of other cars with (it was an 80's ford country squire wagon)

flat cleat coat works nice on it and doesnt add glare to the flat camo (i beleve it was krylon bought at walmart)
By madmaxdecals
Awesome camo job....i am currently using the same camo paint (just the green) on an army jeep project...I agree that the clear will take away from the camo look...nice work
By ms1120
madmaxdecals wrote:Awesome camo job....i am currently using the same camo paint (just the green) on an army jeep project...I agree that the clear will take away from the camo look...nice work

Thanks
By jam1ej20
If you absolutely must clear coat it, use flat clear. That way you have extra protection from chips and scratches but maintain the camo appeal.
By ms1120
This is One of 9. Finished it yesterday and there are two more (two of 9 and four of 9) that I painted today. They are in the garage curing. I will try to get their pics up tomorrow.
Attachments
number1.jpg
0421122149.jpg
By madmaxdecals
Will number 5 of 9 be named "Johnny 5" by chance? Number 5 is ALIVE!!
By ms1120
Thanks. Im building anything with purple tires last. Using every wheel I can find first. I tried a silver hood on #1 but it just looked like it was primered so I went with red.
By VinDog
ms1120 wrote:This is One of 9. Finished it yesterday and there are two more (two of 9 and four of 9) that I painted today. They are in the garage curing. I will try to get their pics up tomorrow.

Two of 9 and four of 9? Sounds like someone needs to learn to count. He'll be done in no time, though... :lol:
By wiggy353
What about 7 of 9??? She was hot!

sorry for those who don't know what I'm talking about - star trek reference. (voyager to be specific)
By madmaxdecals
wiggy353 wrote:What about 7 of 9??? She was hot!

sorry for those who don't know what I'm talking about - star trek reference. (voyager to be specific)

Don't feel bad...I did a "short circuit" movie reference earlier
By ms1120
wiggy353 wrote:What about 7 of 9??? She was hot!

Yes she was!
Am I too late?

I got a used Jeep Wrangler for the littlest one. […]

I would love a diagram for that as well! im search[…]

Reverse switch question

Yes you would have to push a button and hold it wh[…]

Great you have the determination to take this on. […]

HobbyMasters