KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!
So I received a Dumar Solstice from another member who found it as a trash score. It sat in the garage for over a year, and after the death of my Ranger/Police Jeep I figured I had to do something with the lights. As always, I thought I had to find something new and try to avoid the already done....no luck, but I think the concept will be good.

Step 1: remove bad wiring and control box - DONE
Step 2: re-wire with a PW harness and modify the shifter location. - DONE
Step 3: install brake pedal - DONE
Step 4: body work - DONE
Step 5: more body modifications - DONE
Step 6: lights (headlights, taillights, police lights, and one special light) - DONE
Step 7: complete wiring and switches - DONE
Step 8: install turbo timer - Can't find it in the house. :( Hoping CJB has another.
Step 9: reassemble and hope she goes - DONE

So the project has begun. I'm keeping the final look under wraps until it's finished. iDZbowl has seen the plans and hopefully he won't spoil the surprise :D

New wiring harness. Decided to mount the shifter in the dash.
Wiring to the switches and motors
Had to notch the dash plate to work
Brake pedal location
Donor pedal well from the jeep. Riveted to the body.
now to change the body a bit
New tail light shape
Lens paint test for the new tail lights
Primer and test fit for the spoiler
So far it's coming along.
Last edited by Battman2036 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By hkayssi
Great job so far 8-)
I'm starting on the same car next week. A complete tear down and rebuild. how hard was it to take it apart? were were the scres. at first glance that thing looked way more complicated to take apart than all others!

Looks like a great candidate to turn into a Porsche or R8
By iDz Bowl
Battman2036 wrote:So I received a Dumar Solstice from another super awesome member who found it as a trash score. I'm keeping the final look under wraps until it's finished. iDzBowl (who is super awesome) has seen the plans and hopefully he won't spoil the surprise :D
I would never give away Batman's secrets! This is coming along great. As you know, I have the same car and I think that it's an awesome project car! Can't wait to see the progress.
By Battman2036
Didn't realize I had a deep scratch in the bumper before painting. I might fix it.

As for the windshield, I have some mirror chrome vinyl, but haven't decided yet. Thoughts?

Tail Lights Usingstrip LED's

Decided to re-purpose the radio for my switches. The driver advised me
"the buttons don't say the right words"
. Who'd think critics came in such small packages.
The channel indicator will get a face lift. I'm hoping to use the speaker in the back of the housing for an added sound surprise.

Th hot glue is to ensure a little security so the solder joints don't vibrate loose.

I'm waiting for the graphics before I clear coat. Just haven't had time to make them.
And before it's said, yes I know K.I.T.T. was a Trans Am and not a fire bird, but imagine if Smokey was the Bandit who took a job with Knight Industries. The result? K.I.P.P. - Knight Industries Pursuit Package

Almost done. Had a bit of wrinkle in the hood paint. I ended up wrapping it in vinyl and will reapply the fire-chicken tomorrow. I also missplaced my CJB turbo timer, so that will need installed later. I'm using a 12v 12ah for the main drive and a second 12v 7.5 ah for the accessories.

[/url]

very cool and original! :D
Looks great man, love the video. Can't wait to see it in person.
Can you hear the sounds over the car driving driving? I heard the police sounds, but the Knight Rider sounds not so much.
Just wondering, because I'll probably try that sound box out sometime.
Battman2036 wrote:the driver can hear it, the dad cannot. noise from the wheels, gb's and the siren drown it out. Of course he had to have it all running the entire time. :P
I wonder if you could use the amplifier from the Solstice to make the sound louder, was yours fried?
Something to consider to up the awesomeness. iOS has a "KITT" app that has voice recognition with over 100 sound bytes. If you mounted a phone holster on the dash, your kid could have the full blown kitt experience.

So my Kids wanted faster but not much going for Be[…]

I’ve got the old school original kid trax fi[…]

I recently upgraded my kids Dora Jeep from 6v to 1[…]

"Best Choice" Jeep?

Best Choice Products (BCP) Jeep 24v Upgraded from […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course