KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!
daveweber34 wrote:Sheesh! Isn't taking the wheels off of Grandma's walker a little harsh? :shock: :lol:

she needs the exercise! I installed sparkers in its place, now when she scoots along, it throws sparks everywhere!!
jonesee wrote:
daveweber34 wrote:Sheesh! Isn't taking the wheels off of Grandma's walker a little harsh? :shock: :lol:

she needs the exercise! I installed sparkers in its place, now when she scoots along, it throws sparks everywhere!!

update on granny's walker! She was in a hurry to get to the bathroom, before she had an accident and must have passed gas! Sparks were flying and caught the methane on fire.Turning her robe into a pink fire bomb :mrgreen: Looks like She needs a Nomex robe when she is racing around !! :lol: !! :lol:
That's a lot of switches! :shock:

Maybe you should try something more kid-friendly

:roll: :lol: Well why not? They always seem to be better at electronics than we are anyway! :roll: :lol:

Seriously though, love the voltmeter :D
By jonesee
toycrusher wrote:
Well why not? They always seem to be better at electronics than we are anyway! :roll: :lol:

Seriously though, love the voltmeter :D

your not kidding, it baffles me watching a 3 year old surfing for apps on our ipad. :o

Thanks, I have been dying to use this meter for like 2 years now. Its not cheap but it is so cool. I will post a video of this build and show how the outer graph ramps up like rpms when the key is on. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-52mm-Digital-3-Color-Led-Ring-Display-Smoked-Lens-Battery-Voltage-Gauge-New-/111233573482?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e609a26a&vxp=mtr
I've been thinking about poor ole' granny on this build and a bolt out of the blue struck me....put the Mustang wheels, GBs and stock battery on her walker!!! It would be an even swap. Genius!
finished up the wheelie bars and the wing is ready for rivets. Wish I had some cleco clips, Hmmmmmmmmmm to ebay I go!!
Attachments
001.jpg
002.jpg
008.jpg
009.jpg
picked up a bead roller/cutter/flanger at harbor freight. Works pretty good but the dies have minor imperfections that transfer in the bead if you look really, really, really close. Overall happy with the product. It takes two people to operate so my 5 year old was the crank man for me!!
Last edited by jonesee on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wing is done and parachute is mocked up!! This is starting to look like a real racecar :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Attachments
001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
This is starting to look like a real racecar

Now there is an understatement!

You definitely need some work on paint though. I will shamelessly push you in this direction :twisted:

toycrusher wrote:
This is starting to look like a real racecar

Now there is an understatement!

You definitely need some work on paint though. I will shamelessly push you in this direction :twisted:

now there are some serious decals. looks like they need wheeeeeelie bars with those launches.

here is a quick vid of your wiring diagram in action. Just need to rewire the solenoids per your request and I will get a much better bench test and walk around video up.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7f04wDMyko&list=HL1390311373&feature=mh_lolz[/video]
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Might want to consider a bigger seat so YOU can ride it 8-) :roll:
got some work done here and there so here is the latest on the parachute, front suspension mods and home made running lights made from stick on reflectors that I cut in half and heat gunned till flexible than I bent them around the area where the fake light sticker goes. I am pretty proud of my buck fifty light mod :D

If anyone has a box spring from a mattress or a similar compression spring, I am searching for one spring about 2 inches in diameter and 8 inches long (found some for $20 plus shipping online but I will visit the dump before I spend that much for a spring. I need it to act as the parachute ejector spring once you pull the chute lever with a bike cable mounted in the door panel. I would gladly pay the shipping for a good condition spring, as my wife is adamant that it would not be a good idea to "borrow" one from OUR box spring :x its for the kids, sheesh. I did see a mattress on the side of the highway last week and would have stopped if I had the proper tools to field dress that thing :lol:

I forgot to take pics of the completed parachute and release lever but will update when the cable and brackets are installed.
Attachments
004.jpg
took a running shoe bag for the chute holder
005.jpg
made up a aluminum box from the scrap left over from the wing
009.jpg
"borrowed" an umbrella from the closet!!
012.jpg
cut a reflector in half, one part for each sidemarker
005.jpg
heat gun made easy work of bending to shape
003.jpg
installed a slim line 6 led strip light behind lens
017.jpg
cut the stock mounting hole flange off and welded up a 1 inch square tube cross member like a go kart
020.jpg
jigged up some half inch tubing to the cut down stock axle shaft and layed down 3 heavy beads of weld. I inserted half inch pex tubing in the pivot tube and now I get to visit the hardware store in the AM to pick up bolts to get rolling again.
018.jpg
welded up cross member will be bolted to the bottom of the stock unibody mount.
more pics
Attachments
021.jpg
chute lever
022.jpg
parachute
024.jpg
need a big ole spring to shoot the chute out once you pull the lever
025.jpg
mocked up spindle will provide about a half inch of drop so I will need to massage the upper plastic to allow wheels to fully turn.
I thought that parachute was going to be just for show. This is getting more ridiculous by the moment... I love it! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
toycrusher wrote:I thought that parachute was going to be just for show. This is getting more ridiculous by the moment... I love it! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

that's how I roll :lol: I want this to be as real as a mini race car can get. Got the NOS bottle ready to bolt on behind the seats too :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
macwest wrote:What did you cut the reflector lights with and how did you attach them? Great solution!

I simply scored a straight line on either side of the mounting holes and followed the line with a dremel with a metal cutoff wheel attached. I then ran it over the belt sander to make it true. Right now it is only mocked up with tape but once the paint is on the led has 3M tape and the reflector will be glued on with goop, for a clean look with no screw holes.
So when do we get the video of the frame twisting action of the nos button unsoft start mode? :twisted:
toycrusher wrote:So when do we get the video of the frame twisting action of the nos button unsoft start mode? :twisted:

ask and you shall receive!! :mrgreen:

all these snow days have really put a stop to much forward progress on this build, but the destroyers are finally back to school today. Only had 2 major casualties- the boys thought it would be cool to use the tv speakers as targets and punched the paper out of both sides. I think there would be a 911 call without tv this winter :lol: Its time for a flat screen anyways so let that one slide. Using the full length mirror as a diving board off the bed produced a lot more fire from my nostrils. Lets just say my boys are lucky to have all their toes :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Last edited by jonesee on Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The absolutely killer part of this is it's only 12 volts! You may need to add in a couple roll bar loops tied to the chassis if you ever bump it to 24v :o 8-)
toycrusher wrote:The absolutely killer part of this is it's only 12 volts! You may need to add in a couple roll bar loops tied to the chassis if you ever bump it to 24v :o 8-)

great minds think alike ;) I am most likely going to add one like the Shelby cobra.
Attachments
cobra.jpg
I'd love to get my hands on one of those cobras. For next to nothing of course ;)
munepit wrote:Sweet build!!!!! I was thinking the video would have some driving action. Then you showed all the snow! :o

thanks :P yeah, I am in no hurry to finish it up since unless I can get access to a warehouse somewhere this thing will just be itching to find its hooves. :lol:

Once I finish up the steering links and parachute ejector she will be ready for paint! :x too bad it has been in the negative numbers ALOT!! :x

I think I am going to redo the video since I forgot to mention the hand brake and realized that the passenger speaker wire was not attached so with both speakers going it is much louder :P
toycrusher wrote:I'd love to get my hands on one of those cobras. For next to nothing of course ;)

I second that, I have never seen one, so If I do well on flips this spring, I might have to just bite the bullet and buy new to add to the collection. (have never bought a new one yet) :x the cobra, 66 split window vette and 67 fastback stang are my top 3 dream cars.
Last edited by jonesee on Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heynow. I built something very similar to this, I think you posted on the project page. Anyway, I just wanted to chime in and let you know that ours only does 16mph and it was lifting the wheels up around corners. I was reminding my son every time out to take it easy around corners but yesterday he got a little crazy and dumped it doing... somewhere around full speed. He was covered up and wearing a helmet so he came away almost unscathed but I just wanted to share that at those speeds, wheelbase and turning radius the thing dump over and ejected my son. It doesnt have a seat belt and I think in this scenario it was a good thing bc he got away from it and wasnt dragged. Idk what to think or do next, but I do know...... it was fregging scarey to watch. Anyway build looks awesome, I want to see the parachute in action, that's insane.
wesleyb82 wrote:Heynow. I built something very similar to this, I think you posted on the project page. Anyway, I just wanted to chime in and let you know that ours only does 16mph and it was lifting the wheels up around corners. I was reminding my son every time out to take it easy around corners but yesterday he got a little crazy and dumped it doing... somewhere around full speed. He was covered up and wearing a helmet so he came away almost unscathed but I just wanted to share that at those speeds, wheelbase and turning radius the thing dump over and ejected my son. It doesnt have a seat belt and I think in this scenario it was a good thing bc he got away from it and wasnt dragged. Idk what to think or do next, but I do know...... it was fregging scarey to watch. Anyway build looks awesome, I want to see the parachute in action, that's insane.

Glad your little guy is OK, I checked out your vids and that thing is a rocket! I am hoping the wider stance of the stang will help with stability :?: .

Project "Nightmare" will not be a drive around ride on, we have around 6 other highly modified gauchos, rzrs, gators, etc for that. It is a purpose built machine for drag racing in a straight line with an area with enough shut down space. ( I am not sure the solid live axle will like turns either :lol: ). I am building a trailer for our F150 to drive down to the park, unload it and let my son fish for kids lunch money/pink slips against any cocky kid thinking they can beat this pony. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I am hoping Discovery channel picks us up for a reality show called "Sidewalk Outlaws"

I took a traxxas rc timing system and extended the wires to allow the pre stage, stage and the working count down tree to be in front of the drivers (on a separate base), it also has the finish line beams that record and light up which lane won, just like the real deal (pics coming soon).

The parachute is coming along and I even think the very first prototype will work! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sum Ting Wong wrote:Awesome work!
Have you considered rack-and-pinion steering? I think it would offer more control especially at high speed.

I have thought about stripping the rack out of a spare super gaucho I have, but will see how my heim joint upgrade works before looking into plan B.
latest work on chute and steering
Attachments
011.jpg
took 3/8 rod ends and made a steering link that attaches to the stock steering rod.
012.jpg
welded 3/8 threaded rod onto end of steering rod to allow for the added length of the 2 rod ends
013.jpg
bought a bigger umbrella that is thicker and will add some patriotic bling when it is shot out of the chute.
014.jpg
found a perfect donor mattress spring that shoots the parachute out quite rapidly.
015.jpg
took and empty ac recharge bottle and painted it NOS blue and added a decal I found on ebay. Looks pretty real but is a little large scale but I still think it adds to the race car flair.
short vid showing the working parachute :D :o :D :o

The next phase will be to see if it actually catches air, and works like a real parachute :lol: :lol:
Last edited by jonesee on Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
In the name of more scale realism, and to hopefully get nominated as a hall of fame build (hint, hint) I opted to add a clear lexan windshield like a real racecar. This pushed my little dremel to its limits and I thought it was going to puff magic smoke so I had to give it a rest about half way.
Attachments
002.jpg
stock black windshield
004.jpg
taped and marked where to cut
005.jpg
used opening to trace the size of the lexan
006.jpg
lexan ready to cut to size on my trusty Grizzly 14 inch bandsaw with 22 tpi metal saw blade cut like butter.
007.jpg
mocked up with cleco clips and I will leave the film on until final install with aluminum rivets
008.jpg
not much visibility, but it looks a lot more realistic to me!!

this is the look I was going for

Last edited by jonesee on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fricasseekid wrote:Why not just use smaller pop rivets?

Sent with love from my Springfield XD...

...and Tapatalk.

That is what I will be using! You must not be familiar with cleco clips. They are used in sheet metal work used to hold things together temporarily!

I need to paint the parts before I go ahead and rivet these parts to the plastic, this way I do not need to mask anything off :P
Last edited by jonesee on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
In the name of more scale realism, and to hopefully get nominated as a hall of fame build (hint, hint)

You keep going the way you are with this car and the rest of us aren't even going to want to share our inferior projects on the forums anymore... :cry: :oops: :roll: :lol:
toycrusher wrote:
In the name of more scale realism, and to hopefully get nominated as a hall of fame build (hint, hint)

You keep going the way you are with this car and the rest of us aren't even going to want to share our inferior projects on the forums anymore... :cry: :oops: :roll: :lol:

YEAH RIGHT! There are some super talented people on this forum and I only with I had their skill set. I only wish my wiring ability was as good as my creative imagination :lol: :lol:

thanks to everyone for the props. I truly am inspired and pushed by every build on here. Even some of the mild ones give me ideas to implement down the road. In all honesty, I am pushing my ability and budget to build one of the sickest ride ons that has been documented on this forum in hopes of being nominated as super cool!

Project Night Mare is ready for a test drive and I am going nuts trying to figure out how to get this thing out on the pavement. In my desperation I have even considered sneaking into one of many abandoned warehouses to chase the rodents around :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really want to make sure I have everything ironed out before I tear it down for paint! Which brings me to my next headache since we cannot seem to break the 20 degree mark :cry: and I do not have a heated shop :cry: :cry: :cry:
I've updated the turbo diagram on page one just in case someone else is copying your build. Don't need to let out any more "magic smoke" than necessary... :oops: :lol:
toycrusher wrote:I've updated the turbo diagram on page one just in case someone else is copying your build. Don't need to let out any more "magic smoke" than necessary... :oops: :lol:

thanks T.C.- lets hope this new solenoid does not take up smoking :lol: :lol: we will find out if the coil drivers (S) and (I) are polarity fussy :x
flatlineblake wrote:That thing looks awesome! Good Work! Was wondering where/what golf cart pedal set up you have? I'm thinking about building a live axle car for the kids and like how easy that is to control the speed.

here is where I got mine http://www.ebay.com/itm/110634972133?_trksid=p2055120.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

it is ok but not as nice as the one Kelly sells. For some reason it lacks splines on the shaft like the Kelly one here http://kellycontroller.com/kelly-5v-throttle-pedal-p-133.html

You will still need a electronic speed controller (esc)
nkrzykwa1 wrote:Hey Jonesee...off topic here, but I found this on craigslist and it is right in your neck of the woods. 3 Free power wheels. figured you would be interested here is the link.
http://muskegon.craigslist.org/zip/4350806657.html

thanks for the heads up, Missed that ad somehow, only listed for 4 hours and already has 5 takers on the list!

funny thing is; I was just on a powerwheel run and when I got home saw your PM. U snooze you loose I guess! Keep me in mind for any others you see for sale. Things are starting to show signs of buyers looking for used ride ons! does this mean spring will actually come? I cant wait to test out "Nightmare" so I can start the tear down and prep for paint once the weather warms up!!
Yeah im going to start doing a little flipping over here in Grand Rapids, so if you see any that are closer to me that you dont wanna drive for, then let me know. I probably wont be going out as far as Muskegon to get any unless it is a Gaucho or something else worth it.
Project nightmare is patiently waiting for the weather to clear so we can get some test hits in before tear down and sanding for the matte black paint job.

In preparation for final assembly, I have a mydipkit hydrographics kit coming https://www.mydipkit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=194&zenid=3ae19887f3096e9ff18785ccd2756b48 to dip parts in carbon fiber print.

Items includes so far are the mirrors, parachute handle, brake lever, steering wheel, dashboard, and maybe the wheelie bars. If you guys have not seen this stuff you have to check it out!!

I also have Battman http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=15640 working on a custom metal plate for the front, here are his rough drafts so far. I think they look amazing, but cannot decide on which design I like best.

Voting starts! NOW....

latest draft!!
Last edited by jonesee on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 8 times in total.
daveweber34 wrote:#3

that is the one I like best too. I have suggested separating the nite and mare with the pony emblem in the middle and lightening up the blues to match the Nos bottle and steering components.

The project is picking up pace. The 1" tubes […]

Hey guys, it's been a while. Things got really bus[…]

I got a used Dumar Mega Tredz Yamaha Raptor 660. I[…]

PW Corvette help

So I bought a Black PW Corvette from craigslist, t[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course