KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!
By DefensiveWound
A friend of mine came to me two weeks ago and wanted a jeep for his son for Christmas and I had this laying around, $10 CL find. Sold for $100. Just finished tonight. No lights, just paint.

Before...

Parts car...

Cleaned...

After.

And after Christmas we are going to add these flames!

By ms1120
Nice and clean man. I like it. I like your door steps too. I use Deck Tape that I got from a skateboard shop for mine but the next time I get to Freds, Im gonna pick some up like you used.
By DefensiveWound
ms1120 wrote:Nice and clean man. I like it. I like your door steps too. I use Deck Tape that I got from a skateboard shop for mine but the next time I get to Freds, Im gonna pick some up like you used.
Thank you! Yeah, I really like that stuff. It's great for tire tread also. I did it to keep from messing up the paint every time they get in and out.
By kickingrass
I've cut smaller peices for gas and brake pedals too. that stuff works great for all kinds of things.
Nice job on the jeep,really like the flames on that truck :) I have a yellow grande that desparately needs some of your flame magic. im pretty close to you so logistically it works too,now i just need to get momma to loosen the purse strings a bit... :D
By DefensiveWound
kickingrass wrote:I've cut smaller peices for gas and brake pedals too. that stuff works great for all kinds of things.
Nice job on the jeep,really like the flames on that truck :) I have a yellow grande that desparately needs some of your flame magic. im pretty close to you so logistically it works too,now i just need to get momma to loosen the purse strings a bit... :D
Let's do it!
By DefensiveWound
hypo21 wrote:I like that Idea a lot too.

I also really like what you did with the roll bar. Just bent it down lower and removed the supports?

Correct. It actually happened by accident the first time! I was trying to remove the bar from the parts jeep and it bent down like that and I liked the look of it :P I never did get that bar out of the parts jeep :?
By kickingrass
SWEET!!! im in too,we can figure it all out after the first of the year. between family and work,the rest of the month is craaaaaaaazy!
By DefensiveWound
kickingrass wrote:SWEET!!! im in too,we can figure it all out after the first of the year. between family and work,the rest of the month is craaaaaaaazy!
Just hit me up when your ready and you can swing by the shop and we will get it figured out.
By UNCMSP035
Looks great! What steps to you take to prepare the Jeep for paint? Also what kind of primer, paint, etc. do you use?

Thanks.
By DefensiveWound
UNCMSP035 wrote:Looks great! What steps to you take to prepare the Jeep for paint? Also what kind of primer, paint, etc. do you use?

Thanks.
Paint on this one is Rustoleum Plastic Primer, Rustoleum Yellow Enamel and Rustoleum Crystal clear Enamel. The airbrush paint is called AutoAir. I clean it and do any Bondo work first and then sand the whole thing down with 400 grit sandpaper. Then clean again and wipe down with alcohol then wipe down with a tack rag and lay primer, then color and finally clear making sure to follow re coat times and limitations. Wet sand with 600 grit and Airbrush work is done over the clear then another coat or two of clear to finish it off.
New Here!

Start to finish with several long term interruptio[…]

A good cleaning of the connections wouldn't hurt a[…]

Peg Perego Magica parts

I have bumpers..

HobbyMasters Udemy Course