KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!
By Deek
Hey all! New to the site aswell as power wheels modding.. Last time I had a power wheels was as a kid (was a 3wheeler in late 80s early 90s)

Many many MANY years and 2 kids later I have found a new hobby..

It all started a week and a half ago with a facebook yard sale group and a post with a grave digger powerwheels..

They were asking $25, not to bad seeing all they said it needed was a battery and was wired for a lawn mower 12v battery. They dropped it off while I was still at work this is what I came home to: (description only I didn't think to take pictures at the time)

It is in decent shape I think for it's age The decals on the side are in good shape minimal fading, It is missing the hood decals and a few of the side decals but other than that can't complain.
It is missing the switch panel for the light but I am sourcing a parts digger as I type.
It was filthy compared to the pictures they had posted, All I did was completely strip it down to just sections of plastic.. hose it off and wiped it down with some armor all. And when I say sections let me put it this way..lol my oldest son (4) carried out the hood and rear lid. I took the front half and rear half of the body, as well as each half of the chassis. Only part left in the house was all the wiring, motors and switches. Don't as me why I put so much effort into cleaning it. I love cars so that probably has something to do with it. Plus I did have to clean up their wiring (they had it wired to the rear instead of under the hood) Was not thrilled about the laziness in that.lol

During the cleaning though I noticed the hood clips were broke off so I am hopeful a parts digger will fix that..
Either way the next day I did get to pick up a battery and charger.
I let my oldest son take the first test drive and instantly the trouble began. underload (he is about 35-38 pounds) I noticed only one motor catches. Not a fan of one wheel peelers.. Both motors will go if it is kid free..lol That test was ran in our living room. Which is why I was sort of annoyed that it was acting up underload.

After the hood & new stickers I plan to take it to the next level
Here is my project thoughts.
-Body work & Repaint
-New Decals (Seen a few on here hopefully that will turn into some good leads)
-4wd upgrade aswell as motors and what not..
-I am in the process of planning out a 4 wheel steering system (that wouldn't be to complex for a 4 year old to use) I got a few good starter ideas on how so far.
-Wheel upgrade. not sure what yet but I am already having fun coming up with idea.

There are a lot of ideas brewing in my head I think for now until next winter I will let my oldest ride it around and then once the snow falls begin to do a lot of the major body & paint..

Here are some picture taken after I cleaned it. I really should have taken before's but I didn't know about MPW at that time..

By toycrusher
Looks like a fun project!

I saw that they sell 24 volt motors on Amazon they[…]

So I saw on Amazon that they sell 24v gears it say[…]

Batmobile- 1992 Power Drivers

I'd try to plastic weld the cracks, pretty easy to[…]

Plasti-dip

I wouldn't recommend it. I've dipped my Hayabusa […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course