KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!
By DefensiveWound
So this used to be SnakeBite. I originally paid $15 for it and I sold the Snake hood to The Gambler for $20 and used an old Bigfoot to make this into a normal truck again. Just a cleanup and some paint. Going to flip it.

What should my starting price be?? Has a good battery and a charger.

By taz11
Looks nice....... I'm still wondering what to charge for painted units. They look way better........for less time.

I guess that makes it a wash. If I was selling it with a new battery............

$95 for 12volt, $75 for Super 6 (not sure what that was) Looking forward to someone elses input on it. Kinda wingin' it , myself.
By monkeydad
One tip...use some Tire Foam on the wheels. They'll look black and brand new. I did this with my son's so it would look brand new on Christmas Day. Don't spray it on though, you might get some on the paint. I sprayed onto a blue shop paper towel and wiped it on.

Might help with the sale.
By drew510
monkeydad wrote:One tip...use some Tire Foam on the wheels. They'll look black and brand new. I did this with my son's so it would look brand new on Christmas Day. Don't spray it on though, you might get some on the paint. I sprayed onto a blue shop paper towel and wiped it on.

Might help with the sale.
That is probably an easier method than what I did - paint the wheels black. But they sure looked good after I did it.
By drew510
It looks like you "chromed" the hub caps. Were you happy with how it turned out? What method and paint did you use? Still wavering between that and Fusion shimmer, which is basically a deeper, shinier version of the stock grey color the parts come in on the Harley.
Last edited by drew510 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
I used DupliColor Chrome and I like it better than any other method so far. Jparthum mentioned that it reverts back to gray after a while but I haven't experienced that yet. I think the silver color I used on the Superman Mustang would be almost a perfect match to the original Harley silver. I will check to see the exact brand in a little while, I'm still in bed!
I did about three mediym coats, just enough for full coverage and little extra. I didnt bother with a base. The rims started out white and the roll bar was black and they both look the same now.

I forgot to check the brand of the silver before I left.
By jparthum
drew510 wrote:JP's method was to paint thick coats over a black base. Is that what you did or was it different? I seem to remember someone talking about a white base and even coats.
Actually, with Rust-Oleum and Krylon Chrome, very light dusting coats of chrome (somewhat transparent) over a dark base coat worked best for me and a few others (someone else's idea, I forget who :oops: ). But those brands didn't hold a candle to Dupli-Color Chrome 8-) . With the Dupli-Color though, I found that it needed to completely cover the base, and lay as smoothly as possible (no orange peel) in order to have that crisp, sharp reflection. I did this with 50~60 continuous, light dusting coats (until it would 'self-level'/orange peel disappeared after about one second of setting). One some (test) pieces I just saturated them and let the paint run :shock: . This achieved the same results, only with drips at the edges. Unfortunately, the extra brightness of the Dupli-Color Chrome exceeds digital image limitations, so in pictures both brands/methods appear fairly similar, while in person they are at opposite ends of the 'brightness' scale. :|

DW is certainly the expert in this area 8-) so I would stick with his advice, I just wanted to share this to help contrast the differences in the paint and methods.
Oh I'm no expert (though I appreciate the compliment) Every paint job is learning experience. I just do ALOT of testing until I get it right. Don't tell Drew510 but his Oregon Ducks Harley is one big airbrushing experiment!! Shhhhhh. :o
By drew510
Ha! I saw that! Well, not to add any pressure, but I submitted an application with the University of Oregon to have Coach Chip Kelly and/or some of the football team autograph it. Like your thoughts on where you think would be a good place if that does happen. Think of two scenarios: 1-3 sigs or 4 or more. My thoughts are if it is just one or a couple, somewhere on the base of the main body OR maybe the exhaust pipes. If more than a few, then use the seat. Even though it is not attached to the bike and could be lost (or stolen), I can't really think of another location that wouldn't detract from the overall look of the bike. Thoughts?

Background Info: So, I tried to convert my so[…]

Software Testing

https://media.giphy.com/media/ZVik7pBtu9dNS/giphy[…]

Try: https://electricscooterparts.com/speedcontro[…]

Repair Question

Still can't get it to work. I tried a new pc boar[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course