KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!
By Coopz
I bought this 6v volt Lamborghini a year a go for $100 of gumtree. Involved another 100+km south trip to Sydney to pick it up.It was a bit smaller than I thought but looked pretty cool.

image.jpeg

After retiring the Ferrari enzo I decided to switch some of the running gear over the the Lamborghini. Foot pedals and ESC,having a couple of 200w motors (bought 5 scooters for $200 fixed one up and sold it for $200,Winning! :lol: )
image.jpeg
Sunny helping me sort out the frame

image.jpeg
Ferarri frame and lamborghini mock up frame
Attachments
image.jpeg
had to cut a bit out of the front to strengthen the steering set up
image.jpeg
I used the front wheels of 2 power tech rides ( slammer and a go cart)
image.jpeg
attached the belt drive sprocket to the wheels and added a 12mm flange inside the hub
image.jpeg
starting to take shape
image.jpeg
pedals
image.jpeg
ready for a test drive
Last edited by Coopz on Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Coopz
first test drive up the park was a success. speed testing with a app on my phone ran 20.1 kmph . a kilometre faster than the ferrari.

test 2 was to see how it handled a longer run. this was a problem. the relays were only 10 amp rated and failed, melted in fact. so i swapped them for some 24v 30amp rated ebay relays i had ordered a few months back ($10).Generally my son and i do missions into Newcastle along the cycle way ,dead flat apart from the bridge leading out of my suburb Carrington.15km round trip is the average and has been succesful on one charge with the ferrari.
about 4 km into the ride the lambo stopped, relay melted agian. figuring it must be drawing a fair few amps this ride.Went to Jaycar electronics and bought 2 24v 30amp relays put them in (much better quality) and have had no problems with the ride since.

3 weeks of driving and the car is very relaible. belts have stretched abit and adjusted accordingly.

took the rubber traction bands off and let Sunny have some drifting fun.

Last edited by Coopz on Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Awesome! 8-)
By Coopz
Hey redline . I'll get a few pics tommorrow. Yeah the belts work fine to .
Attachments
image.jpeg
Motor set up
image.jpeg
Using a come along to tension the belts.
Last edited by Coopz on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
oh nice I had been looking at motion dynamics to source the metal foot pedal you have there. Pretty hard to come by in australia. Their speed controllers seem to be pretty good quality.

I have a couple complete 24v scooters to strip for parts but they are both chain drive to trying to decide if i will work with that or try a belt drive.
By Coopz
Use the chain cause it's easier to get bigger or smaller sprockets. I've been trying to find the same belt sprocket (the aluminium 200mm) but have no luck. . I've bought all my pedals from motion dynamics and they are cool to talk to as well. I've got the speed controller hooked up just waiting for me to knock off early from work to get my young bloke to test it. I'd recommend the controller as it has the brake . Will make a test video .

I'm building a Lightning McQueen will post the progress up soon. Running a 48v 1000w motor and pretty sure I'm gonna use this controller at 24v/36v. I spent a shitload on a Kelly controller but the wiring is a bit of a mission so these motion dynamics controllers are simple.
By Coopz
This car is sorted now, took it on a 12km run this morning clocked in at 20.6kmh. Another video of sunny testing the brakes (regen brakes)

Last edited by Coopz on Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Those laughs say it all! :D
By Coopz
Not really sure of the amps. but it was melting the connectors on the relay. So this controller is good to handle up to 50amps . So far,we have been doing runs into town and have had no dramas. The brake is activated when the foot is off the pedal.
modifing cheap kids trike?

I have learned to use the knowledge to spread it.

Corevette Motor

I like this issue a lot. It's really appropriate.

SigEp, I have not heard from you if one Earnhardt[…]

Thanks for the reply. Doesn't sound good. It loo[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course