KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!
By Rob222
This is a Gaucho 4.0. It has smaller gearboxes and shorter tires than a regular Gaucho. It has no rear suspension and the front steering is all plastic so it's pretty light.
1.JPG
Gaucho 4.0

They are very easy to work on. Under the flip-up seat is already a spot for a second battery. Perego also sold a black version of this style called the Adventura.
2.png
Flip-up seat
2.png (201.35 KiB) Viewed 455 times

I upgraded this one with a 24v 800w esc, brake and fwd/rev relays.
3.png
second battery
3.png (190.64 KiB) Viewed 455 times

For the hall-effect pedal, check out http://www.electricscooterparts.com, Item # THR-89. I used this throttle on my last two builds and really like it. For the brake I moved the stock throttle over and mounted it on a piece of cutting board. Other than drilling two holes in the floor I did not have to modify the stock parts at all.
4.png
new pedal and brake
4.png (172.65 KiB) Viewed 455 times

You can easily remove one of the two springs inside the pedal to make it easy for kids to press down. I added a little piece of plastic tube inside the remaining spring to limit throttle speed because the Gaucho 4.0 has 550 series motors.
5.JPG
pedal

6.JPG
pedal
6.JPG (12.06 KiB) Viewed 455 times

The longer white plastic piece on the left limited pedal movement and the esc output to about 12v and the shorter to about 18v.
7.JPG
pedal
7.JPG (14.37 KiB) Viewed 455 times

8.JPG
pedal
8.JPG (16.68 KiB) Viewed 455 times
By 6772owner
Looks awesome, I will have to check out this pedal, thanks for posting.

Thanks. Yea I hear ya, our kids wear helmets too b[…]

Quad Damage (1st gear delete mod)

Awesome. Dude, you're a machine! I thought I was[…]

Does it do this with the batteries fully charged?

Sounds normal to me. Since it's a series circuit […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course