KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!
By Rob222
This second-generation SuperPower was upgraded to dual 24v 500w esc’s. The front and rear bumpers are chrome because I swapped them from a first-gen Superpower. They match the jeep better.
1.JPG
Perego Gaucho SuperPower Second Generation
1.JPG (51.52 KiB) Viewed 731 times

I mounted the esc’s on plastic cutting board.
2.JPG
2.JPG (34.21 KiB) Viewed 731 times

The esc’s are mounted below the seats. The stock hall-effect pedal works with the new esc's. I only needed to change connectors.
3.JPG
Add description
3.JPG (26.5 KiB) Viewed 731 times

The wiring from the esc’s is fed into the box for the stock controller. This is where I mounted the relays for braking and fwd/rev.
4.JPG
4.JPG (34.89 KiB) Viewed 731 times

The breakers and the on/off relays are mounted under the hood with the second battery. A dash mounted switch activates the on/off relays.
5.JPG
5.JPG (35.56 KiB) Viewed 731 times

The stock brake switch on a SuperPower is a normally-closed switch. I wanted a normally-open switch for the brake relay so I mounted a couple of magnets to the brake pedal and a magnetic switch under the floor. I only needed to drill 3 holes in the jeep for the brake switch conversion and it works great.
6.JPG
6.JPG (33.59 KiB) Viewed 731 times

The magnetic sensor switch is for a garage door opener (I think it was rated 30v 5a from GE). It has 2 n.c. contacts and 2 n.o. contacts.
7.JPG
7.JPG (27.83 KiB) Viewed 731 times

The switch is mounted with a piece of scrap cutting board.
8.JPG
8.JPG (25.67 KiB) Viewed 731 times

The magnets are from cabinet latches and two stacked worked perfect to throw the switch at half-pedal travel.
9.JPG
9.JPG (16.76 KiB) Viewed 731 times
By Rob222
Wiring diagram added:

Super wiring.jpg
Add description

All the switches are normally-open (n.o.).

When using dual ESCs, the hall-effect pedal (the stock one in this case) only needs to be powered by one of the ESCs.

The Gaucho SuperPower already has disk brakes so this wiring diagram makes no provision for "auto braking". You cannot just add resistors across the N.O. contacts of the brake relay because this relay is "shared" by the two ESCs.
Dune racer build up help

Yes the pedal still needs the ESC. The pedal prov[…]

The second link will be fine (assuming your drivin[…]

"Best" Choice JEEP

I would look for a self re-setting breaker somewhe[…]

i am curious, can’t seem to find this anywhere. bu[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course