KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!
By 6772owner
Back again, this build is for my daughter's birthday, she has out grown her Jeep and I thought it was time for her first truck. I picked up a Max Traction F150 in good shape, it included a working battery and charger (not that I cared really) and everything worked fine. I removed all of the decals, blew it apart, washed it all out and started the build process. I had waited until the last minute and only had apx 1-1/2 weeks to finish it, so the pressure was on...

The mock up stage after washing.

Front end lighting going in, Eagle Eye headlights/driving lights and red accent lights.

Fans and reverse lights installed.

Dash wiring in process, push to start ignition, auxiliary light switches, under dash lighting, speakers for motorcycle radio and wiring to power the stock radio and battery indicator.

Dash installed for mock up.

Testing the lighting.

Throttle and brake pedals installed and wired.

By 6772owner
Started working on the 24V/ESC/Relay wiring that will be housed in the rear, under the bed.

The components installed and getting everything hooked up.

Mocking up the batteries in the front compartment, I used two 12v/15ah batteries in series.

Built a mounting tray for the batteries and attached them with double sided foam tape.

Wiring the front compartment, terminal strip, motorcycle radio, 24v to 12v step down for the accessories and a 24v to 5v step down to power the stock radio.

Testing the "rock lights"

Headlights

Reverse Lights

Smoked Taillights

By 6772owner
A few more pics of the lighting and complete vehicle, everything works and she took her first test drive.

Decided to add a light bar.

Underbelly.

By toycrusher
Great job! Love the clean rigging :D
By JoeyNeedles
Hi, I have an F-150, that I was interested in installing the Stage IV Speed Motors/Gearboxes from MLToys.com. Can you tell me how they worked out for you? How much faster they made the vehicle? Were you able to use some type of 10% Coupon Code that I heard was offered to ModifiedPowerWheels.com members. Thank you for your help
By 6772owner
Hello, I am running the stock motors and gearboxes in this vehicle, it is just on 24v w/an ESC. I don't use any aftermarket motors or gearboxes currently.
By 6772owner
@ Toy Crusher: Thank you sir, I missed your post somehow!!

@ Suburbancharlie: Thank you, I would have liked to paint it, but didint have time and the weather was not good for that. She has a great time with it and fits her better than the Jeep did. Ha Ha

You may want to take your Grandson to the store an[…]

This is how I would do it, and I'll tell you why..[…]

Solar Charger.

Can't tell you anything about the solar, but the […]

Bump, availability list is up to date.

HobbyMasters