KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!
By flipper
Was riding around for work picking up some parts to repair a crane at the office. on the way back I spotted a Gravedigger PW on the side of the road next to the trash can at the side of the street. I immediately pulled over and tried to load it in the company chevy impala. Turns out it doesn't fit in an impala, I went back to the office borrowed my father in laws GMC Sierra and went back to scoop it up hoping the trash man didn't beat me to it.

Got back to it still in the same spot. Loaded it up, tied it down and road on.

Hood was there too. had it in the bed. He dropped it off after work (living 0.4 miles from each other and my mother in law watching my daughter everyday has its advantages.... he is also a bit of a gear head as we are working to get him into the 8s this year come hell or too much laughing gas)

Splash of engine brite engine degreaser (guess the citrus in it is strong)

nocked off about half of the stickers.

Put a 12V 7ah battery I had from a lightning mcQueen Quad I ahven't done anything with. Thing turned right over and started going. Decided to break it down a clean it up.

Tried heat, it worked on the black plastic, but the neon green was a no go.

tried Boiled Linseed oil + paint thinner. It worked till I went to wipe it off.

said to heck with it and painted the whole thing. Trunk lid is painted. Rear half of the truck is painted. hood is painted. front half I'm still not happy with. Going to start on the frame tomorrow.

Mark Redland hooked me up with a complete set of vinyls to replace the factory ones that either fell off or were stripped off (goo gone worked great for this) so once all the paint is done I will move on to that. Big thanks to mark, UPS was completely useless and he took care of it for me.

To remove the front half from the frame the best thing I found was to cut the Red/black/Orange (think it is orange) between the frame and the front half. couldn't find a good point to separate. Going to use a 4 pin trailer connector when I put it back together to make it a quick connect from now on. save myself the trouble of having to do it again.

I took the Sound box apart, the only component that didn't work, it was so Rotted out from battery acid that no amount of soldering and cleaning fixed it. Decided I will go ahead and make my own panel. I work in a steel shop and can fab up a plate to add switches.

What I'm looking at is I have a single din Bluetooth Head Unit I'm adding to the rear. My daughter is turning 2 in May, and buttons are her favorite thing in the world. Having it in dash will only drive me nuts as she pushes the buttons (lord knows she does it to the surround sound in the living room). Going to use 2 JBL 6.5" Composite speakers and 2 Alpine 6.5" speakers I have laying around (brother gets all kinds of speakers for free from his work so I have gobs of lightly used choices.... less he comes across some marine ones again)

The HU we are using
http://www.ebay.com/itm/371916249457

I'm also adding new head lights. I decided that the 4.5V needed to power the stock lights even if they worked was going to be more annoying than just adding new Headlights.

going to add these as they are neat looking and some flare
http://www.ebay.com/itm/122370748286?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

I'm going to make a new panel to replace the sound box out of scrap aluminum at work, and add switches to control the head lights.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161991078453?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

I called my little brother and he had a spare horn from a Landy that they were going to trash. We are going to add that too as she is so in love with the horn on her great grandpa's golf cart. I'm going to use this switch on that panel to activate it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301382424324?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Lastly, I have a complete Zevo LED interior kit from hot import nights that I wired up at the show to be in their booth. at the end of the night not only did we get to keep the kit, but we won their contest which paid out $250 and a Carbon fiber trophy. I'm going to use that to illuminate the under body of the car as it isn't ever going to be used on my personal vehicles and if we had not been asked to be in their booth I never would have it. Might as well put a smile on my daughter's face with it.

Today I placed an order for a 12V 18AH battery, I'm going to wire it in parallel with the 12v 7AH guy I have already which should be enough juice to power half a mile to my inlaws. if not it will sell wife on spending a few more bucks to add a 3rd battery in parallel.

Going to add a 12V Glow shift 52mm volt gauge. Had this spare from a friends car helped remove it from. Won't ever see time in any of my cars so this seems like a great time to put it to use. going to have this in the sound box panel on the dash.

lastly, I picked up one of these kits to handle my wiring. My brother does auto wiring for a living and clean is beyond important for both of us. I didn't want a hand full of wires attached to either battery.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/132086290975?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

About ready to start assembly, just got to get parts here. Wish me luck.
Last edited by flipper on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By flipper

Got to repair this too. going to add an aluminum round rod to it, and then adhesive to seal it in place. Less someone has a spare?

HI there Coopz. I'm from Italy so..forgive my engl[…]

Ford F150 Raptor tire upgrade

Sorry for the late response. So after the modifica[…]

Sounds like the switch. Pop it out and test with a[…]

The project is picking up pace. The 1" tubes […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course