KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!
By Astroman
Hello I am new member to the forum and have several projects I'd like share and I am knowledgeable about brushless systems and I'm happy to help with questions regarding them.
Last edited by Astroman on Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Astroman
I have an early 2000s Barbie Jeep that was given to me many years ago. It has gone through many changes over it's lifetime I ran it stock for a year or two an then it was just too slow. I started by replacing the battery with a lawnmower battery and ran it for a week or so. Then I started boosting the voltage in big steps. I started with adding an 18v drill battery and then I added a second then a third. A total of 66V!!! If it had wings it could fly it could run with a 350 four wheeler. It had two switches to access all that power. Someone left a switch on and it fried the electrical system. Then I put a 32cc gas engine in it which drove a tiller gearbox. The clutch and gearbox went out and it was shelved. A year ago I read about a 6v brushless conversion and thought about how fun it would be to have a 2wd version so I started to research motors and escs
By Astroman
For those who don't know there are two major categories of brushless motors, inrunner motors which have the coils surrounding the magnets their exteriors are similar to a brushed moto they normally have a higher rpm, and then there's the outrunner motor it is more difficult to use as the magnets surround the coils. The magnets spin a drum which makes up most of the motor's exterior however this motor is cheaper lighter and is three times as powerful as an inrunner of a similar size they normally have a lower rpm but they have tons of torque. However I haven't seen any outrunner brushless swaps.
By Astroman
So far I have the pinion gears, motors, escs, most of the control system and the cooling system.

Interested in the two: Dale Earnhardt Jr Nascar Pa[…]

Thanks Wesley. Kit is worth it to not fry anythin[…]

La cucaracha horn

I am working on this setup: https://www.rcgroups.[…]

I have a 12v f-150 raptor (2 seater) I got for $10[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course