KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!
So I have been on the forum here and there and figured I'd post my project my daughter wanted me to build her. For Christmas I restored a Lightning McQueen for my middle son and fixed a broken Princess Carriage I found cheap for my daughter. As much as she liked the 24v carriage, she wanted a race car like her brother had...of course. I love my Craigslist buys and building these things so kept an eye out for a race car. I came across a Home Depot Nascar PW that didn't run for $20 on CR and picked it up the same night I saw the add. I sat down with my daughter and typed in "orange race cars" in Google to see what she might like and she instantly picked the Veilside Fortune RX7 from fast and furious Tokyo drift....oh boy! Well, up for a challenge, I started the project and think it is coming along well. Not finished yet as I need to build some additional body panels and took some short cuts to complete certain things in time for a weekend of use so she can enjoy it as it progresses. Then when I get time I can come back and change/add certain things later. All in all in, I'm happy with the results so far and she is extactic. Hope you all like the pics.

Mark
Last edited by DJ Kryptonite on Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Here is a pic of the original car and some pics of the tear down and body work I did to the rear. I cut off the rear wing and plastic welded it back together for a smoother look rear that I can build a wing for later like the one on the Veilside car.
Attachments
1.jpg
Original Nascar
1.jpg (46.29 KiB) Viewed 611 times
2.jpg
Decals stripped and cracks plastic welded tog
2.jpg (37.53 KiB) Viewed 611 times
3.jpg
Gutted most of the car.
3.jpg (74.26 KiB) Viewed 611 times
4.jpg
Cut off wing area.
4.jpg (57.48 KiB) Viewed 611 times
5.jpg
Plastic welded back together.
5.jpg (44.4 KiB) Viewed 611 times
6.jpg
Body filler applied.
6.jpg (63.1 KiB) Viewed 611 times
7.jpg
Sanded smooth.
7.jpg (69.97 KiB) Viewed 611 times
Last edited by DJ Kryptonite on Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest of the pics to date, paint, carbon fiber wrap, etc.
Hopefully will have time soon to build the extended body panels, add the electric turbo and mock intercooler and finish building the custom deep dish wheels I'm experimenting with. Of course I'm building a Jeep Hurricane and a Peg Pergeo Gaucho at the same time as this plus a couple other projects so who knows. Never enough time.
Attachments
8.jpg
8.jpg (58.03 KiB) Viewed 610 times
9.jpg
9.jpg (68.78 KiB) Viewed 610 times
9b.jpg
9b.jpg (37.98 KiB) Viewed 610 times
9c.jpg
9c.jpg (62.23 KiB) Viewed 610 times
9d.jpg
9d.jpg (45.16 KiB) Viewed 610 times
9e.jpg
9e.jpg (64.66 KiB) Viewed 610 times
So far not a bad likeness but have some morr work to do yet like the widebody with carbon fiber door inserts, bumper cutout with mesh and mock intercooler and the custom wing and wheels. Should be pretty spot on after I get those touches done.
Attachments
croppedcollage.jpg
croppedcollage.jpg (86.63 KiB) Viewed 607 times
Wow! :D :D :D
Yep, that's the plan. Figure deedish cakeoans with the black inners would match up nice and cut the tire look down to a low profile style. Catch is bouncing between projects. I get so far on one and one of my other little ones gets to askign about there project so switch gears back and forth to keep it fair...lol.
Love it, keep it up!
Fall Fun..

The boys have cooled a bit on the power wheels, bu[…]

Very cool! How far do the side rails (mounted to[…]

Peg Perego Gator

First time posting, so I hope I'm doing this right[…]

Help. 6 volt not enough.

Ebay has them. HF3FF/012-1ZST, I bought 2. Will […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course