KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!
By spencergs
Hi guys. Our neighbor was giving away a PW Escalade for free last year (without battery) and we picked it up. About a month ago I finally got around to putting in a new battery and making some plans for mods:

-ground effect lighting
-headlights (Neopixel RGB)
-interior lighting (Neopixel RGB)
-mp3 player
-keyed ignition
-sound effects
-car alarm
-speed controller/throttle
-display/control panel
-bluetooth remote control via smartphone

I'm aiming for completion for my son's 5th birthday about a month from now and I will post my progress here.

Here's the control box, almost finished wiring. Probably won't get around to doing the ESC/throttle until later, but it will also run off of the Arduino. I was going to hide this underneath the body originally. I think it looks kind of cool and has a clear cover, so I painted the box black and will mount it on the passenger side firewall where it will be on display. It's also conveniently close to where I'm going to put the control panel (where the radio was).

Ground effect test. Pretty standard, but it is controlled by a mosfet and the Arduino so I have some options to do something cool with it later.
Last edited by spencergs on Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

By spencergs
Okay so I have not been keeping up with updates at all lol. Just needs a bit more work on the software side and then she's 'done'. I added a hall sensor to the pedal and an ESC. Speed boost switch, LCD display ("gear" indication, battery voltage, odometer, various system data, etc etc), police lights/siren, car alarm. Rewired power system with 10ga.

By Skovjuul
Very nice project! You gave me a bunch of ideas for the new (very used) Gaucho I just got for my son :) I really like your controlpanel.
What kind of lights did you use for headlights? Looks like they light up pretty good.

/Jasper
spencergs wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:55 pm Okay so I have not been keeping up with updates at all lol. Just needs a bit more work on the software side and then she's 'done'. I added a hall sensor to the pedal and an ESC. Speed boost switch, LCD display ("gear" indication, battery voltage, odometer, various system data, etc etc), police lights/siren, car alarm. Rewired power system with 10ga.

Nice! Curious what wiring for speed boost looks like - I’m hoping to do this on a ‘96 barbie sunjammer I’m working on. Any help is much appreciated!
Cordless Tools

Hey this is something off topic but i need your he[…]

About 50% done but moving under its own power and[…]

Here are some pictures for reference

Simple soft start esc?

Do you have any pictures of your drill switch in p[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course