KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!
By 6772owner
I have been working on this project on/off for way too long and am finally back to making some progress. I am hoping to complete this build in teh next few months.

I started with a Dumar/Motion Trendz Pontiac Solstice that was given to me by a nieghbor. I decided to try lowering it, since I have not done that yet. I also figured it was a good time to try cake pans at the same time. I am swithcing over to PW gearboxes and Mustang tires as well.

Below is the mock up of the PW gearboxes w/Mustang tires and the new lowered stance. I am using the Mustang drivers to pull the tires inward as far as possible.

Front spindle mock up, I just drilled a new hole higher up, cut off the stock axle and will weld the new 7/16" axles in place.

By 6772owner
Next step was figuring out this cake pan thing everyone is doing. So grab a Mustang tire, the pneumatic body saw and go to town...

I then took the stock Mustang wheel bushings and glued them into the tire. This will be the new support for the tires since the stock Solstice center cap has the bushing built into it. (Which I cut off due to clearence) I think I will also put a plastic bushing in the cake pan for additional support and eliminate any metal-on-metal contact.

The rear will use the stock narrow driver as stated above.

I am using the original Solstice wheels, modifing them to fit in the cake pans and then hoping it all looks good when painted.

By 6772owner
So I took the stock wheel cover, cut out the factory mounting points in the spokes and then cut the outer diameter down to fit in the pan.

Final result (without paint obviously), stock next to modified.

newbie with wheels

pictures

Would it be possible to use this switch in the ste[…]

"Best Choice" Jeep?

Pedal switch stuck in closed position or shorted m[…]

Keep the supply voltage to the relays and accessor[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course