KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!
By spyder384
What luck! I looked on CL again today and found a Barbie Super Six Lambo! I grabbed it up this afternoon. It's condition is good. It is only missing a headlight lens, which from my understanding is hard to come by.

Last edited by spyder384 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By spyder384
So I bought a barbie lambo today and got right to work. My car was missing the right side headlight lens. I looked on our forum and online for parts but unfortunately anything body related to this car just can't be easily had anymore.

I was not discouraged. I went to Lowes and bought a $4 piece of Lexan plexiglass to make my own!
FIrst, I traced the lens I had, and dremeled away...

Here are my two lenses on top, made from the one original on the bottom. I will have to secure them in a different manner than the tabs. I think hot glue will look and function just fine. I still have to block sand the edges but that will be a quick job.

The lexan is so clear, it doesn't look like the lenses are even there, unless light hits them just right.
Last edited by spyder384 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By spyder384
PAINT-
I have been hard at work breaking this car down and painting it. I wouldn't call it difficult but it is time consuming. I have all of the small pieces and the body painted. I have to wet sand on polish the clear coat once it dries a few more days. The finish came out slightly rough. After the polish, I will apply decals and clear once again.

Here is where she stands now:
Before:

After:

By spyder384
gwinnythepooh wrote:That looks great! What kind of decals are you doing?

Thanks! I am reusing the original lamborghini badge for the nose, then making black door inserts, lights, and exhaust badge with inkjet sticker paper.
By jam1ej20
spyder384 wrote:Thanks! I am reusing the original lamborghini badge for the nose, then making black door inserts, lights, and exhaust badge with inkjet sticker paper.

Be sure to clear it or never get it wet. The ink will run, ask me how I know :cry:
By spyder384
jam1ej20 wrote:
spyder384 wrote:Thanks! I am reusing the original lamborghini badge for the nose, then making black door inserts, lights, and exhaust badge with inkjet sticker paper.

Be sure to clear it or never get it wet. The ink will run, ask me how I know :cry:

Thanks, I do plan on clearing it.
By Deere Green
sale???sale???

I did say that I have been looking for one of these from what feels like the beginning of time right...This would go in the keeper pile if I were you...sorry temper tantrum over hope this thing goes for like $600 :D
By AlexL
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PLEASE DONT SELL IT THAT IS THE MOST RARE POWER WHEELS EVER MADE
By drew510
AlexL wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PLEASE DONT SELL IT THAT IS THE MOST RARE POWER WHEELS EVER MADE

Don't get me wrong, I love the lambos (have one awaiting restoration), but they are not even close to being the rarest PW made. Finding a good windshield for a lambo on the other hand? Yeah, that is pretty rare.
By superjario18
Heh, small world. I was looking for a power wheels for my niece that I could mess around with before handing it off to her. So to craigslist I go.

Lo and behold I found a pretty sweet barbie lambo. Unbeknownst to me at how rare they are I guess?

Well long story short I am picking it up today (since its now 1:30 am and that makes it saturday lol)

http://rochester.craigslist.org/tag/2604952551.html the exact one that was posted a few posts up.

Also I happened to see this one on my search as well :p GL to you on selling it!

http://rochester.craigslist.org/tag/2600748707.html

I will let you guys know the condition of it and will start up a build thread with many questions :)

have a good night!
Jari
By Lamonthai
I have recently finished a barbie lambo project working head and rear lights radio/CD player the body is still original wanted to repaint it to match my car for my daughter but decided against it how much is it worth or wat could I sale it for

HI there Coopz. I'm from Italy so..forgive my engl[…]

Ford F150 Raptor tire upgrade

Sorry for the late response. So after the modifica[…]

Sounds like the switch. Pop it out and test with a[…]

The project is picking up pace. The 1" tubes […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course