KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!
Do you think the short run time can be attributed to the 7ah batteries? Or is it a really short run time?

How has the lawn mower steering boxed worked out? Still happy with its performance? Does it steer easily for a child? The reason I ask is that I've got an idea about building a large grave digger for my son, but I'm worried that he will have a time with steering it. I found and bid on a steering box like you used on eBay so I can maybe get started on my project, I would just like your thoughts on the setup now that its been run for a while.
The steering box I'm happy with. The way I have it mounted it interferes with the front axle on compression but not too bad. With the stock sized steering wheel it seems to do fine for kids. If you use a slightly larger wheel then it will be even easier. It's all trial and error.

Run time is probably 20 or so minutes continuous driveway and flat yard grass. Eventually it starts bogging down but I haven't had the controller shut me off yet. The batteries could be part of it. These 7ah batteries were just what I had that would fit in under the hood easily.

I still need to work on the reverse circuit and get some things finalized then wire all the lights back up. I started to order wiring plugs to plug into the controller harness but the darn shipping was going to be more than the plugs.
Scoutman wrote:I had forgotten about this thread for some time now. Anyone interested in buying this thing? It's been sitting on the top shelf for a few years now after my son got to big to ride it.

That's horrible to hear! :evil:

What's your zip code... :twisted:
Scoutman wrote:35806

What's a 32 hour road trip when it comes to powerwheels? :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
I'm not sure. I see what a new PW goes for and although this isn't new it's so much more. Some of the new ones can be anywhere from $500-$1000.
It isn't perfect by any means. I finished the hall effects pedal with scooter controller and it's running 24v now. It's been so long since it's been ridden I've forgotten what other issues I was having.

This may be an e-bay thing. I'll have to give it some thought.
Power Wheels Jeep 4x4

Love your project! Have a Jeep myself that I am lo[…]

Exploding Controllers

Yeah... so red to red and black to black right....[…]

"Best" Choice JEEP

Thanks man! Looking into it now!

I am curious if anything ever came of this? I am v[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course