Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!
#67073
so happy to be starting another project! Oh how I have missed the paint fumes. :lol:

So this round is my beloved Eliminator! So Far this has been upped to 18V and has had a charge port added.
Eventually I will change the motors/gears, it will get all new wiring, a circuit board similar to the chips motorcyle with headlights, tailights, NOS button and speakers and possibly gauges.

Starting with Paint though because I need it ready for the 4th of July parade. This is getting my signature Boise State Bronco paint scheme. Mainly because I have an extra extreme machine that I want to pre-sell.

Heres the base, along with battery upgrade and charge port
Image
Image
Image

Here is the tear down:
Image
Image

and here's my first paint process: Doing the chrome which I undercoat always with black gloss.
Pitted chrome wheels
Image

After base black
Image
Last edited by gwinnythepooh on Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.


#67081
JoshFink wrote:Looks good. What are you using for a charging port?

Josh
Just a 4 pin connector with 4 wires out the back, 2 go to the 12v and 2 go to 6v. Both batteries then hook to their own charger to charge at the same time.
Here's the charger ends
Image

Only one side is plugged into a charger here buti have 2 schumachers, all my vehicles run the same pot so I just move from one to the next, crazy easy and safe
#67084
aVWguy wrote:FINALY!!!!!!! been waiting to see this one lol -grabs popcorn and waits-
At least I'm fast right... Lol.

Except Scott is doing all over my head electronics so that will be a bit before he gets over here, but he's building wiring module off the em that he has in Seattle.
#67091
It all makes sense now. I found your other post...

Where did you get the 4 pin connector from? Been to Radio Shack, Lowes, Home Depot.. Nothing so far.

Thanks

Josh
gwinnythepooh wrote:
JoshFink wrote:Looks good. What are you using for a charging port?

Josh
Just a 4 pin connector with 4 wires out the back, 2 go to the 12v and 2 go to 6v. Both batteries then hook to their own charger to charge at the same time.
Here's the charger ends
Image

Only one side is plugged into a charger here buti have 2 schumachers, all my vehicles run the same pot so I just move from one to the next, crazy easy and safe
#67092
when i got mine all 4 wheels where worn through (abaout an inch gap between sides)
the stock wheels dont seem all that tough and not for street use ...
with the same size quad wheels all around mine has more hours then any of the others and still has grip
the wheels i used are froma black and green ninja quad i parted out before i found this site again

what ever you do .. keep in mind that tires seem to cost less then GBs lol
#67093
Chromed Wheels
Image

Pretty New Engine
Image

These will get pimped out tomorrow with some color accents! So stay tuned for that.

I will start the seat tomorrow as well, which will be getting the two toned effect I did on the jeep!

Josh let me find the pins...
#67102
Looks good. Its hard to get that chrome to look like that.

Rubber treads can be used on both ends if you can teach your driver to start in low each time and shift when moving.

MS1120 used timing belts and ribbed serpentine belts on his rides. It almost looks like they may provide enough slip to protect the GBs while still increasing traction.
#67136
Thanks Taz, I was thinking of timing belts, I'll go try to beg for some...

Chrome is hard! But I've learned it's all about the gloss black underneath to make the chrome more brilliant. Then I use the perfect match dupli color chrome. I think it turns out pretty good. You can't touch it a whole lot, but my engine cover stays fixed so I should be good...
#67140
gwinnythepooh wrote: I'll go try to beg for some...

Go to your local repair shop and batt your eyes.... :lol: .....should work.


Worst case I have some old serpentine fan belts on my toolbox, you can have them for shipping.
#67157
LOL, my problem.... They put WOMEN at the counter now a days and I can't get anywhere. haha

How much would shipping be? It would prob be less than me driving around looking for some. I live up in the foothills now and only go to town once a week. :)
#67158
Speaking of that Taz, you don't happen to have a set of 19T gearboxes (no motors) you'd be willing to sell me cheap do you? I'd like to change these now since I've got it all apart but I can't spend a whole lot right now as moving has absolutely killed me!
#67167
gwinnythepooh wrote:LOL, my problem.... They put WOMEN at the counter now a days and I can't get anywhere. haha
I don't know. If they are anything like the "women" at the parts stores around here, you still might have the advantage, :lol: .
User avatar
By taz11
#67170
drew510 wrote:
gwinnythepooh wrote:LOL, my problem.... They put WOMEN at the counter now a days and I can't get anywhere. haha
I don't know. If they are anything like the "women" at the parts stores around here, you still might have the advantage, :lol: .

I was trying to find a tasteful way to put that...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gwinny....Why do your threads always go haywire? :roll: :roll: :lol:
#67172
taz11 wrote:
drew510 wrote:
gwinnythepooh wrote:LOL, my problem.... They put WOMEN at the counter now a days and I can't get anywhere. haha
I don't know. If they are anything like the "women" at the parts stores around here, you still might have the advantage, :lol: .

I was trying to find a tasteful way to put that...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gwinny....Why do your threads always go haywire? :roll: :roll: :lol:

Haha. I do have the advantage, yet they still don't fall for it. They usually glare at me and say " Oh shoot, the guys just threw some away.. I'll have them call you next time" and give me the "now get the ...out of my shop" look
I guess I should walk in to the shop and give the "guy" my number...
#67174
White middle part of seat is done, will do striping tonight
Image

Chromed KC's and Door- I wasn't going to Chrome door but changed my mind. i can refresh every year if I need.
Image

Now...I am going to the pool!
#67233
taz11 wrote:
gwinnythepooh wrote: I'll go try to beg for some...

Go to your local repair shop and batt your eyes.... :lol: .....should work.


Worst case I have some old serpentine fan belts on my toolbox, you can have them for shipping.
another less expencive option ... go to a junkyard .. and bring something to cut them with lmao
got some free that way (they laughed at the counter when i explained why i needed them though)
#67273
Its definitely a fine line! I want to watch the kids enjoy them and see peoples head flip when they see them coming down the street. My kids, since they are on the receiving end of being ignored while I do these, know how much I put into them and wouldn't think of scratching them...its the neighbor kids I have to fend off.

Really need to work on getting a junker pile for those kids
#67275
gwinny, that looks awesome. How are you doing the seat inserts? Are they free hand or are you cutting/trimming tape to fit them then touching up?

Engine is sweet too BTW.
#67282
schoeny wrote:gwinny, that looks awesome. How are you doing the seat inserts? Are they free hand or are you cutting/trimming tape to fit them then touching up?

Engine is sweet too BTW.
I painted the whole seat white- mainly just focusing on the parts that were to remain white. Then I use frog tape (about 4-6 hours later is fine) I tape off the inserts and then use a exacto knife and trim away the excess carefully to not cut into paint below too much. Frog Tape is worth every penny. I get next to no bleed through. Then I paint the secondary all over color... wait until its pretty dry, couple hours, then peel off tape, make any necessary touch ups and then clear coat the heck out of it to hopefully preserve my work. 8-)
#67307
Couple more pieces before pool time. Its going to be 97 today.

I am doing all the graphics on this car myself, so far I could kick myself I didn't start before now. Max is making me some other wording decals.

I'm Experimenting with this: I don't know that I like it but I will determine after its all done, I may pull it back off. I like the idea...
Image

Orangified the logo
Image

Bumper sticker on back of seat. The seat is true orange, the sun is just making it look weird
Image


KC Light covers- You can see how reflective they are, anyone spot a dough boy
Image
Last edited by gwinnythepooh on Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#67375
I'm working on your decals....I know you like to move quickly so I'm trying to get them as soon as I can...:)
#67696
What are you using for clear coating?? I always get a haze left by my clear...but yours is so shiny
#67718
madmaxdecals wrote:What are you using for clear coating?? I always get a haze left by my clear...but yours is so shiny

I use rustole crystal clear and I love it. 2 things could be happening... 1, my first 2 coats are very hazy, coat 3 turns 1/2 shiny and coat 4 looks like glass. You just have to keep spraying. It's adds $5-$10 to your paint job, but it really protects well and looks awesome. I also start clear 30 min after last coat of color. On my one project I did it a week later and it didn't look near as good. Oh, also make sure first coat of clear is a light dusting.

The other problem, is we have almost no humidity here. I am sure that affects it some... Try doing several coats :)
#67720
landon wrote:PW par excellence, Gwinny! As usual, great work :)
I'm in a month-long rut trying to get an anodized look on my F150 (repainted twice, already)... so of course I'm jealous!
Thanks! I can't wait for assembly! Likely late this week, waiting on gb's since its apart :)

Good luck, I can't wait to see how your 150 turns out
#67775
Yeah Right. I can't wait for anything.

These are crappy pics, I will take real ones on camera as soon as its complete...
Here is partial assembly. I am waiting on New push nuts, new gearboxes, belts for tires, and the last few decals, and then I need to re-coat clear a couple areas which likely won't happen before the 4th. I also think I will paint the indention on Roll bar White to break it up a bit.

Woo Woo. Oh I also need to find my heat gun, it went missing in the move and I need to smooth out the tires.
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
#67796
Wow...excellent work!
#67797
beautiful paint work!
#67983
Here it is 90% complete cosmetically anyway....
Got the new 19T gearboxes re-lubed and put in! Thanks Taz!
I need to get more screws to put belts on front tires, and put 3 more decals on that are on their way from Max.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
#68082
After an afternoon of tearing apart and reassmbling because of a mysterious situation with hole placement on the gearboxes its finally running...
EDIT: Silly Me. This is not running the 19T yet... Long Story. Ugly. This is with 16T in. Will post new video after I "really" change the gearboxes **and motors! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And leaves skidmarks..lol
Image
Last edited by gwinnythepooh on Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#68114
Yeah we talked about low gear.. We'll see how much they listen, the stop and go with the 3 year old is going to be a problem. I think as far as traction goes this may be a good solution, because its not near the grip that a BMX causes, but hopefully will spare my tires a bit.
#68162
gwinnythepooh wrote:Yeah we talked about low gear.. We'll see how much they listen, the stop and go with the 3 year old is going to be a problem. I think as far as traction goes this may be a good solution, because its not near the grip that a BMX causes, but hopefully will spare my tires a bit.
I noticed you don't have bands on the front tires, is under-steer a problem at all?

hey guys. I'm not very mechanically inclined, but[…]

Little Tikes Tractor Troubles

Having problems with the Little Tikes Cozy Dirt Di[…]

Peg Perego Magica parts

Bunch of parts, both motors work.FAKE MOTOR SOLD

Rubber Tires on 24v Grave Digger

I've done a whole bunch of mod work to our 24vGD, […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course