KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!
By DefensiveWound
What do you get when you mix a Super Six Corvette base and and A Peg Magika body??? :?

Kickingrass is the one that had this idea :idea: last time he was over so we immediately ripped the
Corvette apart and did some strategic cutting on the tub and body and this is what developed!

I have since started shortening the window frame because it just looks weird; already looks better. The wheels need to be spaced out a little for better fitment. Turn signals will be shaved and new door half glass will be installed. Porsche 911 rims will replace the Vette rims. Oh yeah, it will be 12v also 8-) Not sure on paint yet.
Last edited by DefensiveWound on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

By DefensiveWound
This is with the mocked up chopped window (roughly 2" removed) and the replacement door window. Also the Porsche rims resting in place for the pic.

Last edited by DefensiveWound on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By madmaxdecals
Sweet ride...
By aVWguy
hit JC whitney
they have the wolfsburg crest for the nose and a few other emblems ya might like on that
o-0 only problemis .. what age bug are you trying to make??? the magica is modeled after the 1973 - 1979 (in america)
1303S superbeetle cabrio

that same body style was made in mexico till 2006 O_O
By kickingrass
Looks awesome Dw!!!! That chopped windshield makes a huge difference,can't wait to see where you go from here :-) :-)
By aVWguy

its full sized counterpart (pre chop and drop) lol

that is going to be an awsome little ride no matter what color you throw at it

just for fun i think a set of judsun badges would be a nice addition to it
.... judson was the first to build a supercharger for these that WORKED lol
By DefensiveWound
aVWguy wrote:hit JC whitney
they have the wolfsburg crest for the nose and a few other emblems ya might like on that
o-0 only problemis .. what age bug are you trying to make??? the magica is modeled after the 1973 - 1979 (in america)
1303S superbeetle cabrio

that same body style was made in mexico till 2006 O_O

I planned on at least making some Wolfsburg emblems for the wheels caps, I'm not too sure it will look right on the hood. Might look good if I was to shave the handle, it will just look cluttered otherwise.

It disappoints me that they modeled it after the ugliest possible years, I am a fan of the pre 1966. My first car was a custom '63. I plan to get it to look a little bit like the older ones. I want to try to get the horn grills on there somehow, already playing with some ideas. This one may snowball a little :D
By DefensiveWound
SigEp wrote:
DefensiveWound wrote:I'm thinking something like this for paint.

That would be awesome. I'm afraid this build might not be kid worthy though. :lol: :lol:
I will more than likely sell it once its done. There are plenty of VW enthusiasts around here that would pick it up for car shows.
By DefensiveWound
I sold the tail lights a while back because I did not plan on keeping the Magica, so I had to come up with something to replace them. I think I like this better :D Anyone recognize them?

Edit: Both done!

Last edited by DefensiveWound on Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By kickingrass
Those tail lights are cooooooool!! I have no idea what they came from........ Porsche??

Way better than stock :mrgreen:
By DefensiveWound
Update- Windshield is back together (still needs sanding and bondo) and the front bumper mounts have been shaved, working on filling them in now. Also started restoration of the chalky body using the chisle tip xacto blade. I will get some pics up later.
By DefensiveWound
SigEp wrote:Where'd you get the replacement door windows?
Correct on the Corvette lenses! I made the door window from acrylic I had laying around. I extended the window some to fill the empty space where the "wing window" was, tried to make it look like a one piece window kit.
Last edited by DefensiveWound on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
By aVWguy
so how are you going to get the dropped swingaxle look??? (tires leaned WAY in) lol .. jk ..
thing is going to be awesome

<_< ... someday i'll get back to my magica lol
By DefensiveWound
aVWguy wrote:so how are you going to get the dropped swingaxle look??? (tires leaned WAY in) lol .. jk ..
thing is going to be awesome

<_< ... someday i'll get back to my magica lol
You mean giving it some camber?? I was already toying with that idea but I need to get to a welder :? Could be pretty simple but then I would be worried about wearing thru the tires real quick; camber would make the tire ride on the edge.
By aVWguy
i was only jokeing when i mentioned that ... if its something you REALLY want to see on it ... 12inch bicycle wheels with the plastic hubcaps ziptied to the spokes worked well on a soapbox racer pan dragger bug i did as a kid lmao hard part would be the connection to the GBs
By Battman2036
Don't know how I missed this one. For the taillights, did you just cut out the bumper and insert or was there more modding that needed done? They look awesome and much better than the stork. My Magica may end up being a winter project. For the windshield clip, how did you reconnect the two pieces? I'm assuming the bondo etc is to cover the joint, but was it simply epoxy or did you weld it?
By DefensiveWound
Battman2036 wrote:Don't know how I missed this one. For the taillights, did you just cut out the bumper and insert or was there more modding that needed done? They look awesome and much better than the stork. My Magica may end up being a winter project. For the windshield clip, how did you reconnect the two pieces? I'm assuming the bondo etc is to cover the joint, but was it simply epoxy or did you weld it?
Tail Lights- This was actually really straight forward. I cut the buckets out from the Corvette and then traced them onto the bug fenders, cut out with a dremel and cleaned up to a perfect fit with a four way file. Epoxied in place and bondo to clean up the seam.

Windshield- I think I cut out about two inches. Its epoxied back together with fiberglass reinforcement on the inside of the frame. Bondo is just to smooth out the joint.
By Battman2036
nice. I think I'm going to do the tail lights at least and consider the windshield. I like the chopped look.
3B Gearbox on 12v?

Just picked up a Lil F150 yesterday. Nothing wrong[…]

Repair Question

You can connect a 12v battery straight to the tab[…]

Background Info: So, I tried to convert my so[…]

Software Testing

https://media.giphy.com/media/ZVik7pBtu9dNS/giphy[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course