KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
If you have a cheap supplier for motors, batteries, or anything that is of use for a scooter or E.V. (BPRO) list it here for all to enjoy!
By CJB
I don't mod much anymore so my only contribution I can make to this site really is making cool stuff for you guys. It's not a real business (and if it was, I'd be bankrupt!) but I try to offer these things at a very reasonable price while still recouping my costs of time and materials and shipping. My total net profit from the Turbo Timer 3 wouldn't cover a car payment. Just so you know. Glad we're on the same page here. ;)

I'm starting this thread because I don't want to be all spammy on the board trying to sell my wares, yet I also want... to sell them... you know?. You want something, you come to me. I'll just be over here chillin'.

NEW ONLINE STORE!! https://www.freewebstore.org/cjbperformance
(it's my first attempt. don't laugh!)
Find me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/cjbperformance
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

20160804_0931452.jpg
20160804_0931452.jpg (43.25 KiB) Viewed 207 times

CJB Turbo Timer 4
Here's a new document created to help explain a little about what the Turbo Timer is and what it does...
What is a Turbo Timer and Why Do I Need It?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

20160907_065451.jpg

CJB 18V Interface Board
This bad boy allows super easy 18v upgrade with integrated charge port connections, keyed ignition switch connections, and direct connections for the CJB Turbo Timer. Use with or without the timer, with our without a turbo button.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

To order anything, please visit https://www.freewebstore.org/cjbperformance
Email turbotimer @ comcast . net with any questions.

Now that the web store is up and running, I will only take orders through that. Getting random paypal notices is far too confusing for me. You can still use paypal through the web store as well as major credit cards if you for some reason don't have a paypal. The web store is totally legit and running perfectly. Buy with confidence. I wouldn't put my name on something shady. ;)

Looking for something custom? I'll take a stab at it. Shoot me an email.

Feel free to leave comments and feedback in this thread.
Thanks!
Last edited by CJB on Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:40 am, edited 28 times in total.
By CJB
I actually thought about it but domains and hosting is expensive. I'd have to up my prices and that goes against my mission statement: "provide affordable cool stuff that I actually created and manufactured, not bought off ebay, made some small insignificant modification to and resell at a premium."

Just checked into godaddy, it'd be $70 for a year of a domain and web store. Would renew at a much higher price after the 1 year though. With any luck it wouldn't take me a year to sell these 50 timers. I'd have to retract the 'includes shipping' and list parts at the same price + shipping to pay for it. :cry: On the bright side, people would be able to check out with credit card as well as paypal. But then I'd get roped into making more of these. And if I make a business out of this, it's not going to be affordable anymore. The Turbo Timer would have to be a $40 module.

So, I think I'll just sell through here. It's better for everyone. Once the interface boards come in, I'll make a post on the FB site.

I'd be willing to sell off the design and source code for a lump sum if anyone wanted to take this and run with it. :lol: I suppose it could be profitable for someone without a heart string tied within this community. Jack the price up... Wouldn't be the first one.
By CJB
So I found a site that allows you to have a free online store! I'm still setting it up so don't go all crazy yet but in theory it should be operational at the moment. I'd be thrilled for some preliminary feedback!

https://www.freewebstore.org/cjbperformance

On a sad note, a quick google search revels there is already a CJB Electronics. :( I think I'll have to change that up.

EDIT: Name changed to CJB Performance. Still tossing around ideas. Who woulda thought CJB Electronics was taken! lol
Last edited by CJB on Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Suburbancharlie77
AWESOME SAUCE!
Only thing I found was

" relay<br />30/40 AMP "

Not sure, cuz I don't know html stuff.
In the relay info page.
Otherwise download of manual was a success, and everything else looks great! Afraid to ask how long that took.
Either crazy long, or depressingly quick?
By CJB
Fixed.

Interface board says 30A fuse. What you do on your own, I can not control. Just don't come crying to me if it breaks.

I put the 40s on there because I know people use them for stuff and not everywhere carries them. I'm debating putting some 10AWG in-line fuse holders on there too but they're easy enough to find on amazon I guess.
By Vellu
Just ordered TURBO TIMER 4 from your online store
I will later buy 18V INTERFACE BOARD when it is again available.
By MR_Pat
So I did a read through on your manual for 18v board CJB :P lol love the line " The CJB 18V Interface Board and
the CJB Turbo Timer 4™ is not indented to be a safety device, or diagnose, treat or cure any
disease. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, IPC, ANSI, SAE, FBI or any
other organization.
By CJB
Just kind of fishing for interest here but I've gotten a few inquiries since I hooked up another member with my very last strobe controller board I made for my Police Escalade. It just so happens I have an updated version I've worked on recently and am wondering if there is enough interest to make it a production board.

Another thought I've had is to either make a separate 'wig-wag' headlight flasher or maybe even incorporate it in with the controller. You can see the results of both of these items in this video:

The front and rear light bars, as well as all the red & blue lights everywhere else are all run by the same controller board. The headlight flasher is a separate unit hacked together for this project. My new version would have the arrow bar in the back direction-selectable (left, right, center-out) as well as the warning patterns by default. This adds a whole new level of realism to it over the standard ebay options.

Just wondering if there is any interest in these type of things. Or maybe there are other features you'd like to see with it.

Thanks for your feedback!

Will this work as an option? http://forum.modifie[…]

What are these.

Of course I cant upload the picture because it is […]

Powerwheels 3B Gearboxes

Hey man sorry for the late reply heres what I got […]

Perego gears are not sold individually. Which gea[…]

HobbyMasters