KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
If you have a cheap supplier for motors, batteries, or anything that is of use for a scooter or E.V. (BPRO) list it here for all to enjoy!
By CJB
So the lame little hobby siren that so many of us have bought died on me about two days into service. I've since been looking for a decent replacement. Volume isn't so much important to me as realistic sounds, which I LOVED about the crappy hobby siren. It's a shame they can't build a quality product.

Recently, I bought THIS from ebay and it just came in yesterday. Here's my review.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (160.06 KiB) Viewed 711 times

Speaker = WAY TOO LOUD (obviously I knew it would be at 100w, I just have to find the right place to pop in a potentiometer to dial 'er back a little.)

Sounds:
It has 7 sound buttons and a PA.
The microphone on the PA pretty much sucks. You basically have to swallow the mic to get it to pick up your voice, and even then, it's pretty distorted.
For the siren sounds, the air horn absolutely RULES. Sounds just like the ones in our squads. I think I peed a little the first time I hit it.
The next button is the classic police 'wail'. It's not bad, but does sound a little computer generated/auto-tuned
It all goes downhill from there. There's one that has the EU style Hi/Lo oscillating tone, one that's kinds like a fire truck (which is kinda neat in the fact that you push the button and the tone ramps up and when you release the button, it goes down. You can play with it a bit)
Another sounds like a car alarm, which has no business being on the Police Escalade.
There are a few others that are just kind of "eh".
It does not have a fast wail (wewwewwewwewwew) ;) or the super fast 'phaser' tone (let's see... how to spell this... bleblebleblebleblebleb) :?

Overall, it's not bad for the price once I find a way to quiet it down (I'll make a post on it should I figure it out :? ). The tones are so-so with the airhorn being the highlight.
The speaker is HUGE as shipped, but I'm going to try and modify that as well. One thing I DO like, is the handheld microphone thing which comes with a clip to attach to your dash or whatever to hold it. The clip is made of plastic and will no doubt break in one way or another after a few uses, but it should still still hold the mic on to some extent. I may try to replace the internal microphone with something decent to see if I can make the PA work any better. Overall, a solid C+.

Should anyone be considering this item, I'd be happy to make a video of the sounds.
By CJB
So I took it all apart over the weekend and just for kicks, popped a potentiometer on one of the wires from the 'amplifier' board located within the bell housing, to the speaker (yeah... the housing is pretty much a facade - the speaker housing could be 50% smaller and still produce the same volume) and it worked perfectly! So I just drilled a hole in the back of the housing for my pot knob to stick out and now the volume is fully adjustable.

So I'm looking at my new Dune Racer Extreme. The s[…]

Newbie with unknown car..

Hi all, Great Forum here, lots of good informati[…]

TL:DR - Is there any difference in the 9993 and […]

The 600A i think has the option to select the amp[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course