KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
If you have a cheap supplier for motors, batteries, or anything that is of use for a scooter or E.V. (BPRO) list it here for all to enjoy!
By jam1ej20
I purchased some wheels from tigerimports from their new site and wanted to post a quick topic about my experience. First, I would say that the website is a bit cumbersome to navigate. It's still new and needs some improvement so hopefully this will get better with more time and feedback. By far, the easiest way to search is "By Vehicle." The login is tricky to find, you have to actually go to a page with a part on it. You can't just login from the home screen.
Next, customer service is slow. I would not use the "contact us" link for communication again. I sent a few emails and received no response via this link. I would use Joel's direct email (joel@tigerimports.net) if I need resolution.
To be fair, once I contacted Joel directly, things moved much more efficiently and I actually got answers.
Lastly, shipping was extremely slow. I had issues with the website and with payment, so I know this added to my delay, but still I feel shipping could have been faster.
Prices were good when you consider the MPW discount and the 25% off for a first time order. Otherwise, they are pretty standard but shipping prices are VERY reasonable.

Bottom line: Worth a look if you need a part.
I finally got my first order from Powerwheelsrepair and thought I'd add in my experience (good and bad). I ordered 3 decal sheets (hard to find sheets that no one else seems to carry) on 11/16. One of those was the 6v McQueen decal sheet which showed as in-stock ready for delivery (just checked now, and it still does...). After a few days, I received a partial refund because not only are the McQueen decals not in stock, they're no longer available. They did not refund the difference in shipping and it required an email from me to make that happen.

On 12/03, I received the two decal sheets (much slower than Tiger Imports usually ships). They were double folded, once on the crease, and once through all the center decals and put in a flat envelope. As a result, there was a white crease through all the center decals.. I called Joel and he was very helpful and shipped out two replacement sheets right away. I received those on 12/10 and they are in good order.

So to sum up my experience:

* They need to clean up their website. If items are not in stock, they need to be labeled as such. If they are no longer available, they DEFINITELY need to be labeled as such.

* They need to speed up shipping. I'll give them a break on this since they are brand new to the PW stuff and I can imagine it will take them a couple months to get up to speed.

* They need to drop their prices. Even with the 10% discount, they're prices are high. Their decal sheets are about $12-13 on average when Hobbymasters are $9 before discount.

* Their customer service is very good, just like it is with Tiger Imports. Yes, they made mistakes, but were very quick to correct and didn't give any bogus excuses. They're learning, and I'm ok with that.

* Would I order from them again? Yes, but probably only for items I can't find elsewhere. If their prices were the same or less than other dealers, yes I would definitely buy from them again.
By Joel
Hi Everyone,

Thank you very much for your feedback, business, and bearing with us as Tiger Imports attempts to better organize the catalog and enhance your overall experience with our newly added Power Wheels parts.

Stock on Peg Perego parts at Tiger Imports is well established and automated at this point, so the availability listed on TigerImports.net for any Peg Perego parts is accurate over 99% of the time. Over 98% of all Peg Perego parts orders ship next business day and our ground times are 3 days or less to 85% of the United States.

However, Power Wheels parts are not yet to that same level of accuracy and speed.

Unlike our already established Peg Perego parts that are well cataloged in our system and store, for every new Power Wheels part that arrives, we must create a pick-box, label, and shelf id - and of course fill the first time order. We understand that adding 1,300+ parts at once is a bit risky in the sense that the likelihood of the stock on one these parts being off is much higher than listing say 50 - 100 core parts, but we want to provide EVERY possible part and we're confident in our ability to get everything accurate and up to speed!

First, I would say that the website is a bit cumbersome to navigate. It's still new and needs some improvement so hopefully this will get better with more time and feedback. By far, the easiest way to search is "By Vehicle."

Searching for Power Wheels parts other than batteries or chargers using the catalog on TigerImports.net will be very difficult as there are up to 600 parts in a category, and if a given part fits more than one vehicle, we can't put the vehicle name in the part title. That is why we developed PowerWheelsRepair.com so you can search by vehicle - and as you pointed out, I would highly recommend using this method of searching.

The login is tricky to find, you have to actually go to a page with a part on it. You can't just login from the home screen.

The home page @ http://tigerimports.net has a log in box on the right side of page (mid-way down). Please let me know if you have a suggestion that might make it easier to find. I might able to adjust the color or something to make it stand out.

I ordered 3 decal sheets (hard to find sheets that no one else seems to carry) on 11/16. One of those was the 6v McQueen decal sheet which showed as in-stock ready for delivery (just checked now, and it still does...). After a few days, I received a partial refund because not only are the McQueen decals not in stock, they're no longer available.

Our biggest Power Wheels challenge / mistake so far: Power Wheels Decals
Decal Sets are one of the few Power Wheels items that we were carrying back as far as 2007 (we actually bought them in bulk from the local PW service center :D ). When we launched PowerWheelsRepair.com, we tried to combine our old stock of decals (the vast majority of which is no longer in production by Power Wheels) with the currently available stock. This caused some confusion as we were overriding certain fail safes that prevent us from accidentally listing products that aren't available from Power Wheels.

Then Murphy's Law really kicked in...

Some of our decal stock was missing from the move and we did not realize this until after the fact.

Fisher Price's purchase ordering system went down for 2 weeks and several purchase orders were never shipped as a result. So an additional wait time of 5 days turned into 10 - 15 days for some of our customers.

We learned the hard way that Power Wheels decals have to be shipped completely differently than Peg Perego decals since they are not nearly as resilient when being shipped. We had to reship several decal sets due to creases and fades in the decals. We've purchased boxes specifically for shipping Power Wheels decals now and addressed this issue. Unfortunately, because the decals now have to be shipped in boxes, we can no longer offer the low cost 1st Class Shipping option on most of the PW decals. Priority Mail is still only around $5, so it's not too bad.

The good news:
Our Power Wheels decals are finally to the point where we can pick them fairly quickly. And if something is off with an order, we'll know right away when we go to pick. Stock on our site should also be accurate; however, feel free to contact us to confirm stock on a decal set if you would prefer. Of course, orders are adjusted according to availability if something is off. Decal sets won't typically affect the shipping cost one way or the other (adding or subtracting) since they only weigh about 4oz.

Next, customer service is slow. I would not use the "contact us" link for communication again. I sent a few emails and received no response via this link.

We typically respond very quickly to contact requests submitted through the contact form. I will be sure to investigate this further.

Please note that our hours are M - F 9am - 5pm CST while our online form is up 24 / 7. In other words, if a question is sent on 7pm Friday, you will likely not receive a response until Monday or Tuesday if your question requires a great deal of research or manual checks.

I would also recommend calling us if you're having a hard time getting through via the contact form. (615) 266-1420
Last edited by Joel on Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joel wrote:
The login is tricky to find, you have to actually go to a page with a part on it. You can't just login from the home screen.

The home page @ http://tigerimports.net has a log in box on the right side of page (mid-way down). Please let me know if you have a suggestion that might make it easier to find. I might able to adjust the color or something to make it stand out.

While what you say is true, the login is not available on "powerwheelsrepair.com" without going to a specific parts' page. Making the same login available on the http://www.powerwheelsrepair.com home screen would be a big help.
By Joel
While what you say is true, the login is not available on "powerwheelsrepair.com" without going to a specific parts' page. Making the same login available on the http://www.powerwheelsrepair.com home screen would be a big help.

Gotcha. It's in a different folder on the server, but I'll see about putting a link in the top right of http://www.powerwheelsrepair.com to take you to the log in. Thanks for the input!
Just thought I'd comment that I noticed Tiger Imports is offering free shipping on orders over $30 now. Hobbymasters used to offer free shipping over certain amounts then decided to stop? Anyways, kudos to Tiger Imports on the free shipping!!
i just called and talked w/ Josh

i have a relatively new zip code, 4.5yrs old

but they're system shows France, as in teh country

when we pulled up my old zip, $4 shipping

so suffice to say the parts are on there way! :D
just wanted to update, that i ordered parts last thurs. after we got the zip code thing worked out, i got the package in yest. and all is good.
Had my first experience with TigerImports.net. Ordered wheels for a RZR and JD Farm Power. I ordered them on Thursday, they were instock and shipped via fed-ex on Fri. Being a stones throw away from their place, they were delivered on Sat afternoon. All in all a good transaction. Used the coupon code with no probs. Good communication. Would look to them again if the need arises...
I just went on there to order some tires. Ok, I know, 5 sets requires some boxes... but $130.00 for shipping???? are you kidding me?

Am I doing something wrong?
Usually, when I ship tires its 20-25 per set...... Comes out close to that for 5 sets.
taz11 wrote:Usually, when I ship tires its 20-25 per set...... Comes out close to that for 5 sets.

Ok, I see what you're saying.

Here's the funny thing. I made my cart up a bunch of different ways. When I added 2 motors and a set of gearboxes to my order it spiked up to that $130.00 amount. Without the motors and gearboxes, it was like $46.00 shipped. Then I tried to order 2 sets of tires at a time and it saved me a couple bucks each time... I just don't get it. I think I'll call them and see whats the best deal depending on how I set up my orders.

So I'm looking at my new Dune Racer Extreme. The s[…]

Newbie with unknown car..

Hi all, Great Forum here, lots of good informati[…]

TL:DR - Is there any difference in the 9993 and […]

The 600A i think has the option to select the amp[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course