KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
If you have a cheap supplier for motors, batteries, or anything that is of use for a scooter or E.V. (BPRO) list it here for all to enjoy!
By SigEp
With the cost of SLA batteries going through the roof since Christmas, I know we've all been looking for a good deal. I've bought from Batterygeek1 in the past. They're service is poor (don't reply to emails), but their product is good. Right now they have a good deal on 12v 12ah SLA batteries ($47.99 for 2, shipping included):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190629383093?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

That's $16.46 less than Gruber or $8.23 less per battery. I stocked up... ;)
By SigEp
Well...my box of 4 batteries arrived from Batterygeek1 yesterday. They put them all in a large Priority Mail Flat Rate box with some bubble wrap. Those boxes are not designed for that kind of weight... The box was totally destroyed, it appears at least two times and re-taped by the post office. All 4 batteries arrived cracked and broken and at least two are leaking acid. :x

The manager of the post office said she'll help me tape it back up and ship back "refused" if I can't get any resolution from Batterygeek1. I've sent Batterygeek1 two emails so far, we'll see if/how they respond. They were covered by eBay Buyer Protection, so I should be good to go? We shall see... :?
By sea_stork
The Idjit ought to know better than that. You have to cut cardboard and make double or even triple walls. and then it has to be packed TIGHT, nothing can move when shipping heavy stuff. I've seen those boxes packed with lead (for bullets, fishing weights), and not get destroyed.

* If you bought off Ebay, forget the emails and go straight to "item not as described". It will get faster response.
Last edited by sea_stork on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By johnny1333
i have sent 2 batteries in a flat rate box and they weren't damaged. key was to pack it tight and reinforce the box.
By SigEp
sea_stork wrote:* If you bought off Ebay, forget the emails and go straight to "item not as described". It will get faster response.

Yep, I did. They responded today and looks like they'll be shipping 4 new batteries. Crossing my fingers that they reinforce them this time...
By madmaxdecals
Holy Cow...I buy my batteries from them as well...i hate how they package them, but currently I can't find a better price on my 12volt batteries....let me know how it works out Sig...
By SigEp
Yep, their price was the best. Sooooo....I received 4 replacement batteries today...shipped the same way! I swear there is something for them to learn here? Anyways, 3 of the batteries appear to be good, only one cracked and leaking acid... Email into Batterygeek1.
By madmaxdecals
SigEp wrote:Yep, final replacement battery is supposed to be in the mail...

Wow...instead of wasting all those batteries you'd think they would eventually get that their shipping methods are not up to par... :x
By SigEp
madmaxdecals wrote:
SigEp wrote:Yep, final replacement battery is supposed to be in the mail...

Wow...instead of wasting all those batteries you'd think they would eventually get that their shipping methods are not up to par... :x

Yeah, no doubt. 5 wasted batteries so far... On a positive note, they are quick to send out replacements!
By SigEp
jam1ej20 wrote:Are they asking you to return the cracked ones or are you just taking them to the recycler?

I offerred to ship them back (at their cost), pictures, etc. They just told me to recycle them, so I did.
By SigEp
Final battery received yesterday in good order. So their shipping sucks, but they are responsive and do send replacements right away. Their prices were the best. I'm a cheapo so I would probably buy from them again.
By Dave315
I saw this tread the day after I placed an order with Batterygeek. Oops!

Anyway, shipping was fast. I ordered around noon on Monday and received on Friday. I got lucky...the battery arrived in good condition. The battery was placed loose in a box with two small pieces of bubble wrap, also placed loosely in the box. The empty space in the box was about equal to the space taken up by the battery and the bubble wrap, so the battery could have easily been damaged.
By johnny1333
i recently ordered 2 batteries from http://www.replaceupsbattery.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. i paid like $42 for 2 12v 7.5 ah. i ordered it on thursday afternoon, it shipped friday and i got it on saturday. everything was very tightly packed and undamaged. maybe this should be the new battery dealer?
By buckeyeguy
I just received a shipment of 12v 8ah batteries from Batterygeek. There were 8 in the box and they were package with cardboard between each one, the terminals had tabs on them, and styrofoam was used in all the dead space so they could not move.
By joetown_native
Hmm? Sounds like maybe they are finally learning how much money they are losing with the prior shipping methods.
By luckyb18c5
I buy my batteries from ecomelectronics on ebay. They have been the cheapest i have found. 12v 7ah batteries are $18.50 for 1, but if you buy 6 they are 16.50 each. Just got 2 6v 4.5ah batteries for $17. They package in usps boxes with lots of packing paper. really quick shipping too, and its free!
By Battman2036
is it better to go with the 12 v 7ah or to look at the 12v 12ah? I need a few batteries and want to add some 6v for 18v conversion and to get a couple harleys up and running.
By h-bomb
The 7ah are ok for a flip, but the stock PW battery is 9.5ah so the runtime will be shorter. Buying the 12ah is nice for a "keeper," or if you want to tout the fact you upgraded the battery for longer runtime on something you're selling.

I usually put 8ah in my flips -- I've been getting them for right about $16 shipped in bulk.
By SigEp
h-bomb wrote:The 7ah are ok for a flip, but the stock PW battery is 9.5ah so the runtime will be shorter. Buying the 12ah is nice for a "keeper," or if you want to tout the fact you upgraded the battery for longer runtime on something you're selling.

I usually put 8ah in my flips -- I've been getting them for right about $16 shipped in bulk.

I use the 12v12ah in the flippers too. I get them from Gruber for about $22/ea with shipping. Battery Geek's been high the last two times I ordered. If they drop their prices enough I would order from them again.
By Battman2036
Thanks for the advice. I have two harleys that need batteries and I want to upgrade a jeep and an escalade so I think the 12 ah will be best.
By nsheaffer
Nice, I am looking to upgrade my battery for a 12v keeper. I guess the 12v 12ah are about the best option. Are there other higher rated ah batteries out there?

still a noob and trying to catch up.
By SigEp
nsheaffer wrote:Nice, I am looking to upgrade my battery for a 12v keeper. I guess the 12v 12ah are about the best option. Are there other higher rated ah batteries out there?

still a noob and trying to catch up.

The best as far as quality and service is Gruber batteries. I always buy Gruber unless Batterygeek1 is considerably cheaper (say $3 + per battery). As it turns out, Gruber's cheaper than Batterygeek right now so it's an easy decision:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-SLA-AGM-Battery-RBC4-RBC-4-12V-12AH-BP1000-Scooter-/200804110561?_trksid=p4340.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D1369983379082364928%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D1%26
By nsheaffer
cool, if I go with one of these I will need to go ahead and get a connector and fuse or breaker for it as well. Any tips on the best place to get those? I have the connector and charger that works with the Grey OEM battery.
By SigEp
nsheaffer wrote:cool, if I go with one of these I will need to go ahead and get a connector and fuse or breaker for it as well. Any tips on the best place to get those? I have the connector and charger that works with the Grey OEM battery.

Pull the connector out of your old battery, and the fuse holder can be purchased from any local auto parts store.
By ElectricRay
Thanks, SigEp, for Gruber link. I needed 5 of them for an MX500 and a Dirt Quad that are just lying around because of dead batteries. ;)

BTW, the Ebay shipping cost is discounted if you were to combine shipping on multiple quantities.
By SigEp
ElectricRay wrote:Thanks, SigEp, for Gruber link. I needed 5 of them for an MX500 and a Dirt Quad that are just lying around because of dead batteries. ;)

BTW, the Ebay shipping cost is discounted if you were to combine shipping on multiple quantities.

Yep, that's what gets the price cheap. I usually order about 8 at a time.
By cheapjeeps
just ordered from ecomelectronics on ebay. 2 for 22.99 each 12v 12ah. packed well. when i got them there was a sticker with a discount code for their website for 10% off. code is SLA10 . ordered 2 more for 41.38 total. $20.69 apiece. shipping took about 7 days and was free. best price i could find anywhere.
By cheapjeeps
no it was for their website. ecomelectronics.com it might work on their ebay store too, im not sure. the prices are the same on ebay and the website.
Last edited by cheapjeeps on Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By nsheaffer
Can someone tell me the difference between these two batteries listed on Ebay that are from Gruber?

I appreciate it guys. I am needing to order a couple this week.

1st 17.50 each:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-SLA-AGM-Bat ... 27cb175c18

2nd 24.25 each:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Modifiedpowerwh ... 27cb0676c8
By h-bomb
Yeah, one costs more than the other.

:lol:

So much for us getting a discount -- seems like Gruber is charging more for "modifiedpowerwheels."
By Whitepup
Gruber is still the way to go for me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RBC6-RBC-6-UPS- ... 2ec1c86036" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I buy 5 of these kits at a time, so I get 10 batteries with shipping comes out to $21.40 each :)
By Whitepup
nsheaffer wrote:Whitepup, you wouldn't be placing an order for batteries any time soon would ya? I only need 2 right now.

Just recieved a new order yesterday, so I have 10 fresh batteries in stock now. I will sell you 2 if you want to drive to Nebraska Furniture mart, I can meet you there.

Battman2036 wrote:Why Gruber over the others? They appear to be a bit larger than some of the others, but other than that aren't they the same at heart? I'd love your opinion.

The size is actually smaller than most. If you try to fit another battery in a Peg harness carrier, the battery is just a bit too tall, where as a Gruber fits just fine.

Also, Gruber's are heavier than most, which means more "battery juice" for the ride on to keep going longer than other batteries out there.

Also, Grubers are tried and tested and a long time favorite with MPW, and with a one year warranty and great customer service, It is the right choice for me at this time. If they jack up the price like they did in Feb, I will go back to using Ecom or Rhino's.
By nsheaffer
lol, I might just order the 2 and not worry about the shipping charge. Really with Gas prices the way they are right now, probably about the same in gas from Oak Grove to NFM as to have them shipped. :)
By Whitepup
nsheaffer wrote:lol, I might just order the 2 and not worry about the shipping charge. Really with Gas prices the way they are right now, probably about the same in gas from Oak Grove to NFM as to have them shipped. :)

Lol, yeah, you are probably right.
By Eraser
ecomelectrinics has been painfully slow this month.....ordered on 12/7 and tracking shows Monday delivery. I'll be trying to install new batteries into MX350's ahead of Christmas morning. Luckily they are just battery purchases from me....still want someone's kids to have functional rides on Tuesday morning though.

Frustrated.... Any other good options outside ecomelectrinics and Gruber?
By harvey52
cheapjeeps wrote:just ordered from ecomelectronics on ebay. 2 for 22.99 each 12v 12ah. packed well. when i got them there was a sticker with a discount code for their website for 10% off. code is SLA10 . ordered 2 more for 41.38 total. $20.69 apiece. shipping took about 7 days and was free. best price i could find anywhere.

I know this is an old thread, but fyi, this coupon code still works on the ecomelectronics website. Ordered 3 12v 12ah, and total with free shipping came to $62.96. I think that is pretty good, no?

My Thomas the Train has a dead circuit board. Doe[…]

I forgot also....Get Up , rub some dirt on it, get[…]

Jeep Hurricane Radio

I have a Jeep Hurricane but the radio unit doesn't[…]

8-)

HobbyMasters Udemy Course