KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
This section can be used for members to link all their projects, diagrams, favorties, etc to one place. Please keep titles specific and to the point while including your user name and type of content.
This thread is great really shows what's possible I'll try to follow this with my limited electrical knowledge and any questions and I might need to PM you.

But on that note I have a McQueen shifter where the plastic housing shows 3 positions Hi Lo and Rev. But in actuality it only has a switch inside that allows for off or on (I assume forward or back) how do I add the HI low option to this shifter and keep the stock wiring? Do I need to purchase another switch positioned correctly and rewire somehow?
Or just swap out the 2 position switch with a 3pos.
Sammydastove wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:54 am Is it possible to run 4 12v motors off of a 24 volt system without an esc?
It is theoretically possible. It is not a good idea.

You're going to blow gearboxes and overheat motors constantly. Unless you have an inductor on the throttle, you'll also whiplash the heck out of your poor kid when the tires finally catch.
Assuming you've got the info on your motor from this data sheet: https://www.chiefdelphi.com/uploads/def ... a37043.pdf

You've scattered information on this car all over the forums. Whee, fun times figuring out what the heck you're doing.

If you want Hi/Lo/Rev, you would need to wire it so that you've got a 6 volt and 12 volt option, plus reverse. You'll need 2 switches to do that. Alternatively, you could do a low, medium, high and reverse with an 18v option too, but that would require another shifter.
Ray wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:02 pm Forgot, I'm also using a 20a fuse instead of 40a.
Sorry, saw this 6 months late... :?

Did you get it working?
Sammydastove wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:54 am Is it possible to run 4 12v motors off of a 24 volt system without an esc?
What ride do you have with four motors? In my build link, I have a metal frame Jeep with 4wd and 24v direct. It's pretty uncontrollable from torque steer... but it was possible ;)
Cutting Roll Bar Light Covers

Sorry, haven’t figured out how to embed pics[…]

Kid Trax Ram 3500 Beeping

Bad battery Thanks. Kinda shocked it suddenly […]

Hello from MidWest

Yes, on desktop with Windows 7 Pro. All text is ei[…]

For experts only

Question: I have scoured the "Definitive Gea[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course