KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Adding R/C to your Powerwheels vehicles? Using R/C parts on your Powerwheels?
By realred2
I'm looking at installing a remote kill switch that attaches to my phones bluetooth. If it escapes my phones bluetooth range or I turn off the bluetooth, I want it to stop the power wheels. I've found some bluetooth controlled relays, and am sure I can make them work to stop the vehicle, just not sure if they will work so that when they lose connection they will shut down the car. I'd also like to be able to plug them in to a port on one of any 5 cars I have that run 12v to 24v dc and have it work. But also want the vehicles to operate normally when I remove the remote kill. Some kind of switch the is normally closed, but when the kill receiver is plugged in, it opens the switch and runs the power or signal through the kill receiver. Has Anyone done something like this yet?
No, but it sounds awesome! A relay is Whatchya need, could maybe have a USB power port (safer than the old school cigarette lighter socket for small fingers, and easily removable too) to power the "receiver" and simply plug into banana jacks, similar to RCA plugs? Just an idea? But I'm not sure what kind of range you can get, as most of my Bluetooth stuff hardly ever gets more than 30'
No, but it sounds awesome! A relay is Whatchya need, could maybe have a USB power port (safer than the old school cigarette lighter socket for small fingers, and easily removable too) to power the "receiver" and simply plug into banana jacks, similar to RCA plugs? Just an idea? But I'm not sure what kind of range you can get, as most of my Bluetooth stuff hardly ever gets more than 30'
A long range Bluetooth receiver can get up to 300' which is plenty long. I might have to see about packaging something up and selling if I can get it to work well. I have a 3D printer, so I can make a nice enclosure for it all. Just have to find the right socket set up to use with it. If I can find a socket that is normally closed until the plug end is inserted and then completed the circuit through the plug end, that would be ideal.
You could, something similar to what kid trax is using for the charge port. It's not live without it being provided current, via relay. The charge port disconnects from the battery, and disallows use of sensing smart chargers with the soft start.
If you browse through some of 12voltwiz's schematics, there's probably something to work with there? But I'd imagine that you would probably need something else to connect with, besides a simple socket.
I saw this on eBay. It's BLE so you'll get good range with it. It's made of 100% genuine Chineesium so take the quality with a grain of salt, but this looks like what your looking for. I'm very doubtful you'll get the auto-switch when it goes out of range though.. You'd have to toggle the relay manually through the app.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Channel-BLE-B ... Swt5hYY2vc

HI there Coopz. I'm from Italy so..forgive my engl[…]

Ford F150 Raptor tire upgrade

Sorry for the late response. So after the modifica[…]

Sounds like the switch. Pop it out and test with a[…]

The project is picking up pace. The 1" tubes […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course