KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Adding R/C to your Powerwheels vehicles? Using R/C parts on your Powerwheels?
By AspecAuto
Hey Guys... I have been on here reading a lot about adding rc. I have two kids, and they both have 12volt rc controlled cars but they always want to ride together. So I figure the only way to do this, is to do it myself. I ordered the gaucho superpower 24volt. Now for my shopping list of what I need, this is where I need your help. I don't mind spending a little extra to make the job easier and more reliable. I found a few great links and posts, but I wanted some more input on whats the best easiest stuff out there that I could use. I would like to be able to switch from rc to manual control as well? and with this machine having two speeds, would that effect the rc set up at all?

I really liked this guys set up for his son, what a great father I have to say

http://www.littlebeluga.com/Welcome/Tab ... heels.aspx

2 - 12V 12AH Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) Batteries (used in electric scooters) - $30 ea.
Schumacher SC-300A Speedcharge Charger/Maintainer - $25
Mamba Max Pro 1/10 Electronic Speed Control (ESC) - $100
USB Programming Adapter for Mamba Max Pro - $20 (Mamba Max may come with a coupon for a free adapter)
2" Stroke 150 lbs Force Linear Actuators with Potentiometer Feedback (FA-PO-150-12-2) - $140
2 - Mounting Bracket for FA-PO model Actuators (MB1) - $7 (on sale)
Linear Actuator Control Board (LAC) - $40
LAC board case - $12

Also is there anyone who has or can sell me a complete kit ready to go?
Best bet is to piece it together like you have listed. I am running that same setup for a Escalade. It's a pretty straight forward build after you get that actuator mounted. A lot of people run with the 35lbs, I'm running the 150lbs actuator
Trip2013 wrote:Best bet is to piece it together like you have listed. I am running that same setup for a Escalade. It's a pretty straight forward build after you get that actuator mounted. A lot of people run with the 35lbs, I'm running the 150lbs actuator

Does the escalade have two speeds?
I will be at that stage once my daughter is old enough to figure out the concept of steering. The wheel and shaft are all hooked up so when the actuator does its thing the wheel turns. I chased issues until recently figuring out a wire swap that was needed. There was no way you could manually turn the wheel with the actuator connected. Chances are when i hit that road for her wanting to drive another brand new powerwheels is in store.
Trip2013 wrote:I will be at that stage once my daughter is old enough to figure out the concept of steering. The wheel and shaft are all hooked up so when the actuator does its thing the wheel turns. I chased issues until recently figuring out a wire swap that was needed. There was no way you could manually turn the wheel with the actuator connected. Chances are when i hit that road for her wanting to drive another brand new powerwheels is in store.

I'm thinking of doing some sort of quick disconnect from the actuator rod to the control arm of the vehicle. it would give the controls back to the kids when the time comes. how I'm going to do it? I don't know yet :lol:

So I'm looking at my new Dune Racer Extreme. The s[…]

Newbie with unknown car..

Hi all, Great Forum here, lots of good informati[…]

TL:DR - Is there any difference in the 9993 and […]

The 600A i think has the option to select the amp[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course