KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Adding R/C to your Powerwheels vehicles? Using R/C parts on your Powerwheels?
By artech
hello guys,

I'm new to this forum and also to the customizing world of the power wheels. I'm also not a technician nor an electronics guy but I'm trying to get it along the way. I am modifying a land rover defender from it's 2 wheels drive with the factory motors to a also 2 wheels drive but with a shaft and pinion which will be driven by a chain from a scooter motor (controlled by a Tekin RX8 ESC and a Absima CR3P 3 remote control) - nothing special here. My concern comes from the steering point of view because I would like to keep the steering wheel functional so the kid could use it by himself when he'll be able to understand what that means (he is now only 1 year old). The factory steering system on the car looks something like this:
2015-10-23 16.14.47.jpg

Do you have any ideea if the ESC-remote control combination could control the motor that drives the steering gears? I have seen several other setups (servo, power window motor with cable for example) which are also interesting but the issue remains - could this system be overwritten by the manual input of the steering wheels without damaging the electronics? :roll:
Thanks a lot!
Last edited by artech on Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

I will have to look at the shifter when I get off […]

Upgrade BMW i8 Concept

If the 6v bat is stock it may have a built in fuse[…]

Will do. You're next in line.

Razor quad

Question about a razor quad I'm sure someone has s[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course