KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Adding R/C to your Powerwheels vehicles? Using R/C parts on your Powerwheels?
By kaplooi
So I have a Jeep Raptor/Drifter RC car that came with remote steering and throttle from the factory, but the steering H Bridge IC has (partially) failed and it only steers in one direction so I've decided to scrap the stock controller and fit RC components so I have fully proportional throttle and steering control. The twist is that I also want to fit a PWM throttle pedal connected to a separate controller that I can toggle on/off with an RC switch on a spare channel to enable remote override. It's wired to give power to the on board PWM controller so a child driver doesn't need the RC signal to drive. Remote steering control will always be enabled, but a relay will switch power between the two escs. I've included isolation relays to prevent current flowing from one controller's PWM output to the other which would probably destroy both. I don't think a relay cares what sort of signal it's switching. Does it matter that the polarity on the relay isolating the RC ESC will reverse depending on forward/reverse input? The coil wiring will not be reversed. Will the wiring detailed below isolate the two controllers adequately?

RC-PWM.png

HI there Coopz. I'm from Italy so..forgive my engl[…]

Ford F150 Raptor tire upgrade

Sorry for the late response. So after the modifica[…]

Sounds like the switch. Pop it out and test with a[…]

The project is picking up pace. The 1" tubes […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course