KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Adding R/C to your Powerwheels vehicles? Using R/C parts on your Powerwheels?
By 4runnerhouse
I'm about to pull the trigger on a 35lb 2" 2"/sec linear actuator and LAC board from firgelli but I'm curious how to properly wire it up. I will be running a 2.4 radio and mamba monster 2 Esc. Plan to run 11.1-14.8v thru the esc to the motors

A few questions

I'm reading that you are supposed to wire the 12v battery straight to the power input on the LAC? It seems strange to run a power wheels battery using receiver wire directly into that little control. Also believe a 10amp fuse is also necessary for the power wire between the 2.

Next, is the only other thing to do is cut the red wire from the LAC to the rc receiver?
By Trip2013
I used the exact same stuff for escalade rc setup.

You will have to dial into the Mamba pro esc and switch to a brushed motor. You do have wire the positive directly into the Lac. I used 2 separate batteries to run to different components. The servo is wired into its own 12v and the Mamba to its own 12v. There is a bit of trial and error involved, since this is all custom there is a lot ways others have done things. There isn't a lot of spoon feeding around here and the knly source for answers is reading how a lot of other have done there setups. If you want you could pm me your email and I could send few pictures of my setup as pics are worth 1000 words.
By sall
You are definitely going to want to use an aux battery for the LAC and actuator. Battery voltage drops and the LAC becomes slugglish and unresponsive otherwise.

Connection to the LAC are very simple. Power and ground from battery. Signal and ground from receiver(no 5v power from receiver or you will bloe the LAC.)
Last edited by sall on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
By 4runnerhouse
What I was goin to do is run the actuator off 12v lawn tractor battery and dual 7.4 or 11.1v lipos for the motors.

Thanks on the confirmation, I just wanted to make sure the wiring is right before I hook it up. The actuator and board come in Friday so I'm going to wire the esc and receiver up for now.
By wired
Trip2013 wrote:I used the exact same stuff for escalade rc setup.

You will have to dial into the Mamba pro esc and switch to a brushed motor. You do have wire the positive directly into the Lac. I used 2 separate batteries to run to different components. The servo is wired into its own 12v and the Mamba to its own 12v. There is a bit of trial and error involved, since this is all custom there is a lot ways others have done things. There isn't a lot of spoon feeding around here and the knly source for answers is reading how a lot of other have done there setups. If you want you could pm me your email and I could send few pictures of my setup as pics are worth 1000 words.

Trip. if you share your pics with the forum you can help more people than sharing info with one person through PM's. Sharing information is the true power of this forum. It is a collective group who have learned (both what to do and what NOT to do) through various means who share information with others interested in the hobby. I encourage everyone to be part of the community and share new information. Come on in....the waters fine. 8-)

Sall, thanks for speaking up and helping out another member who needed some assistance. Your experience has helped out another. It all comes full circle eventually. :ugeek:
Last edited by wired on Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Original reply deleted. See below. ***UPDATE**[…]

I was very lucky to find a Mario Kart on craigsli[…]

Gaucho grande

Hello everyone. Does anyone have parts for Gauch[…]

I will arrange can we exchange information offline[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course