KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Adding R/C to your Powerwheels vehicles? Using R/C parts on your Powerwheels?
By jhawk19
I love large scale RC. I've owned several 1/5 scale vehicles. I've owned both gas and electric. I've owned the Losi DBXL, HPI Super 5SC Flux, Rovan Short Course and Rovan Flux, as well as the Axial Yeti XL (1/8th scale).

I live in a rural area and I know that the noise from the gassers was annoying to my neighbors. Sounded like a gas powered edger or blower running on high speed for 30 minutes to an hour. ANNOYING.

I would love to find another electric one, but I don't want to pay the $1K price tag.

I just bought my daughter the Dune Racer and I added a 6v battery and it's AMAZING! She loves it. It's just fast enough for her to really enjoy it yet respect it's speed 8-) . I would like to have an RC version or something similar to run in the woods and vacant lots around me.

I see eBay sellers that sell Audi's and Jeeps for under $400 that are completely RC setup with a TX and RX included.

If I wanted to get variable speed what would I need to do? If I wanted to add more speed should I add another 6v or 12v battery, upgrade the motor or convert to LiPo power?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
By Sedzy
To get variable speed you'll need one of your ESC modules, with the exception, for a brushed motor not a BLDC. There are many on eBay/or the like with Pot controls for the speed adjustment.

Integrating that into one of those RC BPROs won't be easy. From what I've seen, they're basically on/off buttons in the remote so there's no way to adjust anything from that end. You'd have to find a way to combine both of your controllers into 1. One for the steering from the stock remote, and the other from your RC setups to control the ESC.

For more speed, I would suggest more voltage. (if it's the RC unit, make sure you don't blow the controller board with the extra voltage.) While the LiPos have great discharge rates, they're not fully protected electronically. Those packs will make a huge mess if they go unstable, and nobody wants their kids near that if it happens.(see YouTube LiPo battery failures) I'm going to be using a LiFePO4 battery in mine. It's a more stable chemistry, fully protected internally for Under-Voltage, Over-Voltage, Cell balancing, and short circuits. Plus the added bonus of LiPo'like discharge curves.

You pay the premium for the technology though.
http://www.lithiumion-batteries.com/pro ... attery.php

Hmmm it's a big spark but the motor works extremel[…]

Just use the "Upload attachment" and &qu[…]

Hi, I found this dirt cheap (20$) National Product[…]

Pines

K i will research and see a value thx

HobbyMasters