KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Adding R/C to your Powerwheels vehicles? Using R/C parts on your Powerwheels?
By stoltz
Good morning,
My name is Scott. I have been on this forum for myself for a few years. Now I am hoping o find some help for a class project.
I am a Technology & Engineering Education Teacher (middle school).
We have just finished our Robotics unit. I have a few students that have really excelled and are looking for a challenge.
We are going to try to build a RC Gaucho. I have a running Gaucho that we will use.
Their first task was to track down all of the parts. They have compiled a list, but I have found some different items. Being middle school, and since we don't have a lot of time, I am not asking them to completely know how all of it works.
We will be concentrating mainly on the fabrication.
Anyway, I have searched the forum and have not seen a complete list of items needed to make a RC power wheels.
I have found lists within different posts, but would it be possible to simplify it for my students.
The more detailed, the better. Part numbers or links would be greatly appreciated.
I would prefer a linear actuator rather than a servo. Other than that, I am open to your suggestions.
Please keep in mind this is for a school project. I have been given some money from our budget, but I will be paying for some of it myself.
If you are willing to share a complete, easy to read, parts list, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your help,
Scott
By JLaBonte007
Go-to aliexpress and look for Xingcan store they will have the goodies you want

1. Remote + 12v receiver just get basic slow start without 7 pins - $15 - I just ordered the Langna 2.4ghz

2. 12V Steering servo for kid cars $12 compared to $150. You need to now the diameter of your steering shaft and modify accordingly either with clamps or drill a hole to insert a pin

3. Two 12v gearboxes with motors

4. Fuse and fuse wiringing (very important)

5. Two plum connection clips for wheels to match with gearboxes

6. They also have the complete wiring harness with all switches but I never used one

If you use them let them now my name maybe they will speed up my order

HI there Coopz. I'm from Italy so..forgive my engl[…]

Ford F150 Raptor tire upgrade

Sorry for the late response. So after the modifica[…]

Sounds like the switch. Pop it out and test with a[…]

The project is picking up pace. The 1" tubes […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course