KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Adding R/C to your Powerwheels vehicles? Using R/C parts on your Powerwheels?
By Twoods196
Hey all, New here and just got my son a razor force drifter with 24v battery. I’m a computer programmer an always love tinkering so wanted to incorporate a remote kill switch into it. As he is only 3 and this this is fairly fast. I think something like rpi zero would be overkill for something so simple but would give me the option to add more to it later. Like solar charging, web GUI that tracks average speed and maps out the locations he has been. The kill switch is more for him as he is not use to this kinda of speed but the other stuff is just me loving to tinker. Even thought about going ahead and upgrading the motor and batteries an just have a limit switch that can be over written that way I can have some fun on it too and of course as he get solder it won’t be come boring to him. It powers on with a single rocker switch in the rear but as thinking a simple Bluetooth relay would prob handle my kill switch project but again would like to build it off something more exapandable. So was thinking rpi using the gpio heads to control relays for start/kill, lights and coukd even incorporate a rev limiter. Any ideas suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I would provide a full iOS/Android app and everything I used when finished so anyone could recreate the samething. So let me know what features you think would be cool or suggestions on how to handle it. Thanks guys!
By TinCanTomCat
I suggest the ESP32.

I've used the prior version (ESP8266), which hosts a simple webservice that I can set the max speed of the car or remotely control it. (Websockets FTW).

(I've also used ESP8266's on other, more complex projects, with fancier web pages)

The ESP32 is a dual core uC with WiFi and Bluetooth, but without the overhead or boot delay a pi would have.

i am curious, can’t seem to find this anywhere. bu[…]

Dune racer build up help

I haven't tried any of the drill switches, but mos[…]

"Best" Choice JEEP

Chances of both motors failing are slim. Can you r[…]

Sounds like the relay coil may have failed. Make s[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course