KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Have you added running lights? Headlamps? Perhaps some spinners?
By kdyj
Hi Everyone, I have spent at least 2 days to read all topics for lights, LED and electric diagram in this forum. My first project for my son's Power Wheels Dune Racer is the following.
1. Switch
2. Fuse
3. Relay
4. LED light
5. Terminal Block

I have ordered all parts from Amazon and ready to do the project in 2 days, here is my electric diagram and please let me know if everything make sense.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you
Kevin
Attachments
duneracer1.JPG
By Z7What
Normally whenever i do electrical modifications on real vehicles i always use a fuse and relay but when installed the lights onto my sons Raptors i never have. Im not going to say its right or wrong but these tiny lights dont really pull enough power to need a fuse or relay. I just recently installed 14 LEDs on his Raptor PW and have 6 LEDs installed onto his Raptor Wagon installed the same way and its been 2 years without a issue on the Raptor Wagon, the Raptor PW has only been finished for about 2 weeks. The Wagon lights are powered by 8AA, the PW lights are powered by Two 8AA wired to keep 12v but run long. Here is a quick drawing on how i have it wired.

Wayne
By kdyj
Thank you for 7ZWhat information, here is new diagram. I am thinking maybe I do not need the fuse since stock battery has fuse already.
Attachments
duneracer2.JPG
By Z7What
Your running the lights off the stock battery or are they going to have there own? Also, the switch your adding to control the lights does the switch itself light up or no?

Wayne
By kdyj
I plan to run the light from stock battery. The switch I added control the light as well as the main controller. So basically the switch control the lights and main power. Any suggestions???
By MARKO THE SHARKO
well a quick route would be using the mltoys.com kit, which i recently did on my sons raptor. I do recommend if you go that route get yourself some extra wire, because the extra wire they send is not enough to make the engine bay look nice. right now my engine bay looks like a bunch of spiders had a fist fight..... and i need to fix it so it looks better
12v 550 motors upgraded to 36v?

Thank for your advice Rob, but from what i have re[…]

Hi, i need 2 new batteries for my kids Peg perego […]

Just curious If I need to wet or dry sand the seat[…]

Quick fix to slow it down again - go back to a 6v […]

HobbyMasters