KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Have you added running lights? Headlamps? Perhaps some spinners?
By trek920
HEllo PW type people!

New user here.

I saw this at Walmart for $114 and had to get it for my daughter.

After bringing it home I noticed the lights are not installed and several of the features suck. Since I am a MINI owner, i went about modifying it to look more like a mini.

Head and tail lights, driving lights vinyl decals, badges, etc

Enjoy the pictures. I'll be sure to post the big reveal after Christmas, s the wife doesnt even know I bought it.

I WILL be changing out to a 12v battery and large motor. Maybe a Firebolt 15T, possibly two. since its only 1WD at the moment

i have lots of CF vinyl. but no, mini's dont do that. So I didint make it that way.

:)

this car must be new, cause i cant find reviews or even it listed on its manuf. website. (which only has bikes right now listed) so who know how many are actually out there.
Big Christmas Reveal!

I have that same one for my daughter but just recently it stopped working and I can't figure it out. Bought a brand new battery and found out the old one is still good so its something with switch or wiring.I don't know.Is urs still running good?
Found this cool coupe for $50 at the local swap meet. Horribly slow, so I hollowed out the seat compartment and upped it to a 12v motorcycle battery. This was a huge speed jump which was awesome!

After that I picked up some 12v LEDs from Frys and cut out square holes in each of the light fixtures and wired in a lighted switch in front of the main power switch. One of the LEDs was also placed in the front hood compartment which was opened for additional storage or for the addition of an extra battery

Lastly added the same style license plate design as the initial post, and hooked up a bluetooth adapter to the audio input so I could control the music from a phone.

Looking to upgrade the speaker and add an amplifier into the hood and install hinges so the hood opens more naturally.

20160725_224105 (1024x576).jpg

20160725_224111 (1024x576).jpg

20160725_224202 (1024x576).jpg

20160725_224214 (1024x576).jpg

2016-07-26_17-58-26.jpg

2016-07-26_17-57-39.jpg
fordguy wrote:where'd u put the switch for the lights?

There are a bunch of spots to add rocker or SPST switches. I added a lighted rocker for the head/tail lights just forward of the main power switch on the right side window controls.
nice yeah there are a few good spots that already have dummy switches in them. I was looking at it the other day. Mine's been acting weird lately tho. It will say its at 12v on the red led read out and then when i push the throttle it goes blank and doesn't move. The wiring on these is really crappy. I'm thinking of rewiring the whole thing
Rocks in Wheels

No, there's no notification for that, other than a[…]

New From ToysRus: Dune Racer.

Pretty much everything you would expect from a kid[…]

My son's Hurricane Extreme

That looks rad! :D

Hello Everyone, I just really wanted to stop by […]

HobbyMasters