KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Have you added running lights? Headlamps? Perhaps some spinners?
By usafhg7
Is there anyone else on here that sells LED light kits or does anyone know of a company that sells them?
By bruces_eviltwin
i do simple kits for $21 you add switches and finish the wires viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12962&p=99970#p99968
Last edited by bruces_eviltwin on Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By usafhg7
im not the best with wiring, so thats why i was hoping for a plug and play type of kit.
By wired
What model ride on are you wanting to put lights on and what lighting did you want? Head lights, tail lights, underglow, strobes etc.....
Also, how "plug and play" do you need it to be?
By usafhg7
im putting it on a red Raptor. i want headlights, tail lights and blue underglow. i want to be able to drill the hole in the "firewall", mount the switch and plug it into the battery. with very minimal splicing.
By wired
Post a pic of your ride on. I just want to make sure we are talking about the same raptor.
By usafhg7
i don't have it yet. i wanted to have the kit so i could have it ready for my son's birthday. its a SVT Raptor
By wired
That's the one I was thinking of. The red Ford F-150, 2 seater, 12v Power Wheel. I like to make sure. It has decals for tail lights right? Unfortunately I can't touch the $21 that Bruce is offering. It's time consuming and parts costs add up real quick. Just to give you an idea of what you might want, here is a kit I made for a Hurricane. Your dimensions would be close to the same. The pics do not do the light output justice.
Attachments
light kit.jpg
By harvey52
I would also be interested in a light kit for my Gaucho. Headlights, tail lights, and roll bar lights. I'm also not great at wiring, so a "kit" type set up would be great, along with switch to put in dash.
By wired
Depends on the details. I replied to your PM.
By bruces_eviltwin
wired wrote:That's the one I was thinking of. The red Ford F-150, 2 seater, 12v Power Wheel. I like to make sure. It has decals for tail lights right? Unfortunately I can't touch the $21 that Bruce is offering. It's time consuming and parts costs add up real quick. Just to give you an idea of what you might want, here is a kit I made for a Hurricane. Your dimensions would be close to the same. The pics do not do the light output justice.

thats a nice kit, mine are only the lights with some pigtails so you need to do the connecting work hence the cheaper price
By wired
Thanks! The buyer and I were both very pleased with the outcome. Really bright and only required to connect two wires and drill some holes. Bruce, I would prefer if members bought from you. I found it to be time consuming and almost no profit ( I think I made $10 over cost). I recently had a new plan. I will be making two kits every time I need one for myself. I will sell the 2nd one I make.
Last edited by wired on Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bruces_eviltwin
my daughter actually makes ours, she uses the money to donate to cancer research in her moms memory
By wired
All the more reason for people to buy from you. Good on her.
By harvey52
bruces_eviltwin wrote:my daughter actually makes ours, she uses the money to donate to cancer research in her moms memory

Wow, that really is amazing. Please let me know what a kit for my Gaucho will cost for the headlights, fog lights, and tail lights. I'll be happy to purchase for this cause. (there is a ton of good info on this sight, I'm sure I'll figure out how to get everything wired up the rest of the way).
Really a great thing.
By x-tremeOCK
I purchased a couple of kits from from Bruces daughter and I'm very pleased with the results. Bruce also makes custom themed, modified PW Jeeps he sells (and gives free to some needy kids.) This guy and his daughter are a class act! :D

X
By nkrzykwa1
Bruce are you still making these light kits? I am interested in one of the kits for a PW Escalade. Looking for pink underglow with the kit.
Thanks.
By bruces_eviltwin
yes we still do but are swamped with requests at the moment if your not in a hurry I can do them for you, pm me and we can work it out
Last edited by bruces_eviltwin on Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By nkrzykwa1
where do you get those round LEDs? I have seen them, but they all have the prongs on them. Do you just pull the prongs off or something?
By wiggy353
I'm looking for a light kit for a WorkForce Gator. Can anyone hook me up? I got a kit for my Extreme Machine some time ago from... I forget his name... but he is no longer doing the kits.

Thanks!
By hoopman438
New here and was wondering if there is a light kit for Barbie Jammin Jeep? Thanks!
By jwan422
I would like to know where you get the round LEDS as my round fog light (bought from NIKG no longer on the site) wiring broke off the LED. I have searched everywhere and i cant find it. any help would be appreciated. thanks
By wired
Please post a pic of the light and we'll see if we can get you fixed up.
By wired
Or don't and best of luck. :roll:
Last edited by wired on Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
By jetfan68
I'm looking for anyone who does light kits or has info on where to buy the led(s) , wiring, switches, etc. The project is my son's PP RZR Camo (12v). I want to install headlights, taillights, roll-bar lights. I would also like to add police strobes on the front, rear of car and the top of roll bar. Finally my son requested a siren to be mounted. I don't know how durable under glow lighting is, so the jury is still out on that. Any info to point me in the right direction would be appreciated. Feel free to pm me or just leave a message on this board. Thanks!!
By Shane516
Hi Bruce,

Are you and your daughter still selling lighting and siren kits? Looking to convert my boy's Jeep Hurricane to a police Jeep vehicle for Christmas. Thanks!
Shane

bruces_eviltwin wrote:i do simple kits for $21 you add switches and finish the wires viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12962&p=99970#p99968
By WyldRyd
I also am brand new here and just acquired my first build. Looking for a light kit for a Barbi Jeep. Bruce are you and your daughter still building kits? Is anyone still building kits? Is there a go to place for the leds wiring diagrams etc? Would happily build my own but then I am interested in what people use and what has worked etc... not seeing anything in the forum but maybe I am looking in the wrong places.

Thanks in advance!
By wired
Does your jeep have headlight and tail light lenses or decals?
By WyldRyd
Wired,
Thanks for the reply and you look to be one awesome Mod as I have been going through a ton of posts and I see you over and over again helping and educating people and that is really awesome! Thank for you time and your wealth of knowledge! I have already picked up a ton of tips just from your posts!

Here is a picture of what the Jeep looks like from angled front so maybe that will help you with the information that you are looking for! If you want more pictures just let me know~!
Online Photo of Jeep PW.JPG

The tail lights seem to be a non-transparent red "lens" I say that loosely as I feel that light would not shine through it well but it would "glow"... I do not have a direct photo of the tail lights but I am going to put it out and take photos from all sides tonight if I have time and can show you what I am working with.

Headlights I am unsure as again I don't have pictures of them but based on the part breakdown they seem to have clear lenses... If I search for the Headlight lens I find that it is no longer available and if it were it would be compatible with all these models. So I would assume that I can interchange a lot of their parts as I just have a model variation... Right?

74020-9993 Jeep Wrangler ; 74270-9993 Jeep Aftershock ; 74340-9993 Barbie Cruisin Tunes Jeep
74420-9993 Monster Sound Bigfoot ; 74440-9993 Jeep Wrangler ; 74441-9564 Jeep Wrangler
74443-9564 Jeep Wrangler ; 74444-9564 Jeep Wrangler ; 74450-9993 Jeep Adventure Team
74460-9993 (Before 03-21-98) Jeep Enforcer ;74526-9993 Jeep Sandblaster ; 75598-9993 Jeep Wrangler-Limited Edition
75840-9993 Jeep Wrangler ; 76960-9993 Super Talk Barbie Sun Jammer ; 76963-9464 Super Talk Barbie Sun Jammer
76960-9993 Before 05/03/98 Super Talk Barbie Sun Jammer ; 77770-9993 Cruisin Tunes ; 78477-9993 Barbie Beach Ranger
78478-9993 Barbie Beach Ranger ; 78490-9993 Before 03/21/98 Jeep Wrangler ; 78537-9993 Jeep Wrangler
78538-9993 Jeep Wrangler (Blue) ; B0155-9993 Fire Rescue Jeep ; B2489 Barbie Beach Ranger ; B7659 Jeep Wrangler
C2390 Jeep Wrangler- Restage ; H3427 Barbie Jammin Jeep ; H4433 After 03/12/07 Barbie Beach Party Jeep
H4803 Jeep Wrangler- Blue ; H4804 Jeep Wrangler- Blue ; H4805 Jeep Wrangler ; H4807 Jeep Wrangler
K9758 Diego Jeep Wrangler ; L7820 Barbie Jammin Jeep ; T4871 Barbie Jammin Jeep
By Z7What
I have been using the LED Bolts from Oznium.com for years and im still blown away with the quality, light output and price of them. Here is a Step2 Raptor i built my son 2yrs ago for his first Chirstmas. Its 2 White 16mm LED Bolts as headlights, 2 White & 2 Amber 6mm LED Bolts as fogs, there powered by a 8AA battery pack and in the last 2 years i have only replaced the batteries once.

Wayne
Last edited by Z7What on Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Z7What
Im currently work on a Power Wheels Raptor for him for this Chirstmas. It will have 2 White 16mm LEDs Bolts for headlights, 2 White & 2 Amber 16mm LED Bolts as Fogs, 2 Red 16mm LED Bolts for tailights, 3 Amber 5mm Prewired LEDs in the grill and 2 Amber 5mm Prewired LEDs for turn signals.

Wayne
By Shane516
Awesome stuff, Wayne. I'll grab those bolts for the headlights. Can you recommend any specific strobe-type lights for the police lights?

Thanks!
By Z7What
Shane516 wrote:Awesome stuff, Wayne. I'll grab those bolts for the headlights. Can you recommend any specific strobe-type lights for the police lights?

Thanks!

Sadly No, I dont have any personal experience with installing strobe lights but a quick search on Oznium's website i was able to find 2 options. There may be more but this was just a quick search.

https://www.oznium.com/inline-led-controller
https://www.oznium.com/12v-remote-dimmer-strobe-switch

Just a FYI, i am not connected to Oznium in any way other than being a customer that couldnt be more happy with the products i have purchased from them over the last 2 years.

Just to give you an idea of how bright the lights are. These two pictures where taken seconds after each other on my back deck. The lights in this picture are 2 White 16mm LED Bolts, 2 White 6mm LED Bolts & 2 Amber 6mm LED Bolts powered by a 8AA battery back. The 3 grill lights are original to the wagon and came that way from STEP2, I did take transparent amber paint to make them amber, they were white from the factory, they are powered by 3 AA's.

All the lights turned off

All the lights turned on

Wayne
By cell68sam
Im new to the Powerwheel mod game but I wanted to add headlights to my son's Jeep. Seeing as I had a ton of those $1 bin LED lights laying around the house, used the existing cups where the headlight lenses on the jeep were. I cut them, did some soldering and sealing and wired them to a 3-AAA battery holder and a toggle switch. All in all, probably more trouble than it was worth after seeing all the really cool light kits on this forum, but it was fun.
image3.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg
By TyPhelan1012
Does anyone still make the kits for the Hurricane? I would like head lights, fog lights, tail lights, and multicolor under glow.
Power wheel moves on its own

Okay, so I found that the motor connectors(yellow […]

Hi guys I'm Ben

Hey I'm new here. Just got a used dune racer cheap[…]

Thanks. Yea I hear ya, our kids wear helmets too b[…]

Quad Damage (1st gear delete mod)

Awesome. Dude, you're a machine! I thought I was[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course