KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Have you added running lights? Headlamps? Perhaps some spinners?
So my son's been after me to put some "real" lights in his Peg Perego Ranger Rzr. Since this car will probably outlast all of our other keepers and get passed down to my daughter, I stopped procrastinating and got to work.

Plan: Headlights, Push Bar Lights, Roll Bar Lights, Night Rider Push Bar Light, Under Glow, Tail Lights, Police Strobe Lights on all sides. Of course everything separately switched and fused with a separate battery with charging posts.

Everything arrived and my daughter and I got to work. My son got bored...

1.JPG
1.JPG (73.32 KiB) Viewed 1284 times

Here's how I did the Push Bar and Roll Bar Lights. Basically I used flat mounted (not bolt on) Eagle Eyes.

2.JPG
2.JPG (71.57 KiB) Viewed 1286 times

For the headlights I used two bolt on Eagle Eyes per headlight. This pic also shows my Night Rider mounting location as well as forward facing police strobes.

3.JPG
3.JPG (65.4 KiB) Viewed 1286 times

Tail Lights I used two red led strips per tail light. I ended up cracking both lenses removing them... Both have been replaced with brand new lenses. You can also see my side facing police strobes.

4.JPG
4.JPG (75.77 KiB) Viewed 1286 times

5.JPG
5.JPG (68.56 KiB) Viewed 1286 times

For the Roll Bar Lights and rear facing police strobes, I mounted them to the roll bar and ran all wiring through the roll bar. It was tricky, but the lighting ended up super custom with almost no wiring seen anywhere on the car.

6.JPG
6.JPG (68.23 KiB) Viewed 1286 times

Here's where I mounted the red underglo tubes. I also managed to break one of these running wiring... Replacement is on order.

7.JPG
7.JPG (72.33 KiB) Viewed 1286 times

Here's a shot of the wiring going to the secondary battery. I'm using a 12v12ah SLA mounted under the drivers seat. I installed a fuse box with a separate fuse for each circuit. I initially installed 5A fuses which popped immediately. I installed 30A for now, but will probably replace with 15A for long term use.

8.JPG
8.JPG (72.16 KiB) Viewed 1286 times
Last edited by SigEp on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ok, here's how the additional battery, wiring and fusebox turned out:

9.JPG
9.JPG (72.62 KiB) Viewed 1263 times

Here's the final roll bar. Kinda hard to see in this pic.

10.JPG
10.JPG (55.03 KiB) Viewed 1263 times

And here's how the front of the car turned out. Nice and clean.

11.JPG
11.JPG (76.12 KiB) Viewed 1263 times

The whole job took about a week just working an hour or two a night and a couple weekend days.
I was hoping and waiting for the video. You didn't disappoint. Nice job. I like the fuse panel you used and the "knight rideresque" light bar was a nice touch. . :D 8-)
JUST IN TIME FOR HALLOWEEN?
wired wrote:I was hoping and waiting for the video. You didn't disappoint. Nice job. I like the fuse panel you used and the "knight rideresque" light bar was a nice touch. . :D 8-)
JUST IN TIME FOR HALLOWEEN?

Yeah, the wife was thinking the same thing about Halloween. The problem is there are a lot of idiots in our neighborhood who follow their children around in real cars while they trick or treat... Driving around a BPRO at night with so many real cars on the street could get my kids run over. But they would have a hard time saying they didn't see it! :lol:
Nice job on the lighting. It's scary when you start adding up the hours it takes to do some of these things... :?
And I have to :lol: with your experience on all the lenses. Peg Perego really doesn't make them to come apart, I've broken nearly every one I've ever tried to get apart :x :lol:
toycrusher wrote:Peg Perego really doesn't make them to come apart, I've broken nearly every one I've ever tried to get apart :x :lol:

Yeah, no doubt. I find that if they're in excellent condition, you can sometimes get them to pop out. These had seen a little sun so were slightly brittle. Which is weird because there is no other sign of sun on the car. Gaucho tail lights are notoriously difficult to remove.

The stock 6v battery for those little quads has th[…]

Can't access FAQ's

I just went to the homepage and navigated through […]

Just bought two decal sets. Decals look good. T[…]

Chinese 6v single motor

Did I post this in the wrong section for not getti[…]

HobbyMasters