KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Have you added running lights? Headlamps? Perhaps some spinners?
I almost NEVER buy new BPRO's, but when one comes out that won't hit the used market until my kids have outgrown these things I have to make an exception. Thus was the case with the new Power Wheels Porsche GT3. It's probably the coolest BPRO Power Wheels has come out with in years. So when the TRU 20% off coupon came in the mail, I pulled the trigger.

This car will end up being my daughters first modified BRPO. My son has had several from a 12v Cars 2 McQueen, to his tricked out Kid Trax Fire Engine, to his lit up Ranger Rzr. Now it's sissy's turn.

My plan is the following to be completed before Christmas morning:

18v Drive - Not sure if I'm going with 3-6v or a 12v + 6v... I have a spare 6v so I might use that with a 12v for starters, then switch down the road.

Lighting - Twin Eagle Eye headlights per side plus front facing white led strips (just like the real car). Red led tail light strips plus possibly a center rear wing led strip. Red under glo tubes. All lighting powered by one dash switch and powered by a separate 12v battery mounted under the seat with separate charging posts.

This car is sweet. The only two negatives I've found so far is that they stuffed the decals in a wad in the center of the car. They're all white creased up so I'm going to get new decals. Two, the stearing wheel is made with super thin plastic and very flimsy. Besides that, this is one of the best built PWs they've made in a while. This car is super wide, far wider than an Escalade.

Lighting has been ordered. Here's a couple pics after removing from the box. They actually asked me if I wanted to pay another $25 to have it assembled. I mean seriously? :lol:

1.JPG
1.JPG (62.57 KiB) Viewed 2803 times

2.JPG
2.JPG (72.78 KiB) Viewed 2803 times
Last edited by SigEp on Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I can't believe you broke the senior modder's unspoken rule and bought new! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Oh well, we all have a breaking point :lol:

Is it really a unique chassis?
That's a good question. It has the interior feel of a Dune Racer, but with a body, dash, etc. like a car. It's certainly not like any I've seen before. It has solid structural supports for the front and sides of the car as well. Not like the flimsy ones on the McQueen/Stock/Mustang cars which just break off.
cantdrivestock wrote:Another thing to note is the size of the tires. If I had to guess I'd say they're almost Escalade size! Makes me wonder what gearbox is in it and if you could put a 21t/23t for even more speed.

I haven't measured them, but the tires seem to be about mustang size, just a little narrower. They're an entirely new tire.
Parts are in, now I just need to find the time to do the project.

We took the kids to see Santa yesterday. My daughter was sitting on his knee and he asked what she wanted for Christmas. She smiled and said, "I want a red Porsche". The attending elf just about choaked herself, "D...d...did she say red Porsche?" :shock: Yes, yes she did. :D

That's how MPW kids roll! ;)
Finally found some time to continue working on this project. I don't think it will be done by Christmas. Plus I'm out of batteries...lol. Anyways, front lights are installed. Here's some pics:

3.JPG
3.JPG (72.88 KiB) Viewed 2509 times

4.JPG
4.JPG (86.91 KiB) Viewed 2509 times

5.JPG
5.JPG (73.86 KiB) Viewed 2509 times

6.JPG
6.JPG (91.69 KiB) Viewed 2509 times

7.JPG
7.JPG (98.21 KiB) Viewed 2509 times
Agreed, love the front ends especially the larger eagle eye LED's, great job so far!
I need to get working on this project again! With Christmas and a family vacation to Asia for 3 weeks, I've shelved it. I hope to get this finished soon. I just got my 4 batteries for the car in this past week. 3 - 6v12ah and 1 - 12v9ah for lighting. Time to get it wired!
We liked this one as well loved the radio ... Unfortunately the legs are just not long enough. It has several best features but the best part is when you run a escalade into it and the hood pops up and your child goes uhoh lol ... Good times in the isle with a battery.... Any further pictures of this beast?

Did you fix u problem I just start to have the sam[…]

Jeep hurricane tires are taller and run a little […]

Tons of parts

Tons of new parts. Came off pallet return, shoot m[…]

I'm having problems with my ride on car. I have t[…]

HobbyMasters