KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Have you added running lights? Headlamps? Perhaps some spinners?
its an older model mustang but has the red lenses in the back. I have a bunch of clear led's but wondering if anyone found a good fitting set of LED on a board for mustang tails. 3 vertical sections in the tails I plan on setting the car up to have normal running lights and im adding a pair of switches off the steering rod to make turn signals activate when he is turning. and a separate brake light system as well. I'll try and get a good pic of the taillights but this is the car

Large white eagle eye LED for headlights.
Small amber eagle eye LED for fog lights.
Three 3528 LED strips per tail light (three LEDs per strip with 300 or 600 per 15M strip).
Use RED LEDs under the tail light lenses instead of white or the lights will look pink.

optional tail light recommendation is to use three wire red LED rectangular reflector lights under the lenses. They have a hi/low intensity feature built in.

If you need any lighting parts just drop me a line.
I don't know if the tail lights them selves are 3 seperate pieces. but it looks like 3 sections. I'll know for sure once I pull one off and look it over. already have eagle eyes in the fogs and headlights.

Thanks for the rectangular reflector lights idea. I'll drop you a message in a day or 2 here. I work today tommorrow and then back to freedom till friday.
I solder wires directly to the light strips. These rides shake and vibrate so much that I prefer to solder my wire connections directly to all of the lights. Splicing wires to wires are fine and spade terminals to switches give a solid connection. I've never had a problem with wire connections (except for a bouncing battery a couple of times... 8-) ). I can't say anything about the adapters because I've never used them. I have some but I just prefer to solder.
yep I've been soldering everything . I have a terminal block set up for the lights. getting stuff ready for the 24 v system in the vette now . But youngest one wants me to get some lights hooked up in his mustang. So im probably just going to wire up the 3528 led strips for now and worry about the flasher system when I have the vette done.
Good call. They usually don't care about the customizing as much as we do. If it goes fast enough and works they are happy. Lights are a bonus. You will find that those little things are adult driven. They don't care as long as the battery lasts forever and it goes fast enough to keep them interested.
nahh little one has been jealous of the lights in big brothers car for a bit.. the yellow vette still had working light and sounds when we gpt it.. still does actually.. i'd like to do one of the relay set ups in it so he can have the 18v turbo though.. im trying to not mess with that car too much as its still decent shape. Mustang currently has headights from eagle eyes i just put in still have to wire in a light switch for him. wired in an on/off switch with green led in it since his "key: doesnt do anything.
LOL im gonna need a second job at the rate these powerwheels are going .... already in process of my first 24V chain driven conversion though I may look to switch it from chain to belt and well bigger motors .. gotta see how he handles 100W motors before I make that call .
wired wrote:Large white eagle eye LED for headlights.
Small amber eagle eye LED for fog lights.
Three 3528 LED strips per tail light (three LEDs per strip with 300 or 600 per 15M strip).
Use RED LEDs under the tail light lenses instead of white or the lights will look pink.

optional tail light recommendation is to use three wire red LED rectangular reflector lights under the lenses. They have a hi/low intensity feature built in.

If you need any lighting parts just drop me a line.

Hey can you suggest what i need for a Teenage mutant ninja turtles jeep, head lights ,where to get lens cover for head lights and what to do for tail lights only has stickers in the rear also two top spot lights. Thanks
I will check out the dimensions on the new jeeps the next time I stop by Walmart. I may have a solution for the head lights. For the tail lights I would remove the decals and install a pair of round LED reflector lights. As for the roll bar lights, they really would be for looks only because the lights shine on the backs of the riders heads. If the dimensions are right though the lights I have in mind for the headlights would fit up on the roll bar lights also. Let me get some real dimensions and I will get back to you.
i used strip LEDs in the back of my stang for a line of light that I really like
(see this video: https://vimeo.com/170249985 )
I found I could just drill a small hole in the body and sneak these guys 3/4 of the way through
you can run multiple of these off a 12v battery.. mine are controlled w/ microcontroller, but you don't have to do that.
got em off amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BQE5JAK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks , I settled on the 3528 LED lights bought a roll of red and yellow and a multicolor roll with a pair of remote so the boys can change their underbody light colors. I'm pulling the rear lenses out and actually going to make each of the 3 sections of the tail light have lights with active turn signal and brake lights.
I am a little late to the party, but I just used six of the eagle eye LED's for the last one I built.

Yeah I have a pile of the eagle eyes that I bought but im trying to make it look a little more realistic though I may incorporate one in each section as brake light / turn signals. Have the switch for the turn signals figured out already just need to work out my mount and the brake light is already factored in with the esc stuff
I understand, I wanted to use the LED strips but this was/is a customer build so I wanted to keep it simple and easy to replace down the road. I would have probably used three or four rows of LED's for a personal build and had a few for running lights and rest for brake lights. I thought about installing a strip for the third brake light as well, but it doesn't have a lense, so im not sure how that would look...

Either way, good luck with the build and I would be curious about the turn signal setup, something else I need to place with.
yea ive enjoyed the eagle eye type got some cheap that work well too..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282032366147?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

ive found though that sometimes running straight off a 12v battery is a little rough on them and they start to wink off, I switched to using a 8pack aa box think I grabed it for under 2 bucks on ebay under the hood to power my lights , enough amps to run a long time and doesn't make the leds wig out on you, just a idea if they start to get randomly blinky on you
yeah roadmonkey. they are a 15 foot or 5 meter strip and you can cut them every 3 lights and re solder new wires or run it as a single long strip. I know what I want just havent found it yet. and yeah I did catch the blinky effect .. I'm going to run a secondary ground just for the lights and try that first .. worst case i'll add a secondary smaller 12v battery for lights that I can tuck under the set or something.. currently running a 20AH battery for his car which has been getting him days worth of run time.
well here's where im at right now on the mustang tails.. though I think I need 2 replace the yellow leds with red in the bottom .. can't decide if i like the way it looks or not either way needs a second strand of led at the bottom. nd still havent done front turn signals yet.

yeah seems pretty bright dunno that its as bright as it looks with my phones camera. I'll try and get a pic with actual camera and put it up if it shows better

9w eagle eyes in the headlight 3W in the front fogs

these are what I used in the 6 panes for the rear.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/391189272858?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

The yellow under the panel was 9 LED's still on the strip and new wire soldered on of these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252275658011?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Last edited by MR_Pat on Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
let me get a measurement on these led panels I used you might have some that would fit better. I used these cheap sets for now because the kid wanted his own light swtich in his car .. lol brothers vettes both have switches and keys and his mustang had nothing.. so i wired up 2 switches one for tail and headlights and 1 for the fog lights,, going to move the fogs to the main light circuit and add underbody RGB 3528 strip I have yet to the other switch. I'll hit ya with a pm later today
might wanna see what wired comes up with too. the panels were easy but the yellow LED on the flexible stuff was a royal Pain in the #$% and the panels had 3m on the back but i zip tied them as well as that stuff never sticks that well in my expeirience one side always ends up failing.. and I dont know how the panels are going to handle getting wet on occasion as I dont have a good garage spot yet.. working on it though
I've gotta say, my pallet shelving has been a tremendous blessing! Stopped by a plumbing supply house, snagged some odd sizes the pallet guys won't buy. My foundation is 2 giants. 4'x 8', then some near 4' on their sides as supports, 3 of them (each end and a middle), 2 18' 2x 6 to support the second and 3rd shelf. Draped a 20'x 20' tarp from the bottom, up the back, and over the top. When we get several straight days of rain I'll take a 10'x 20' tarp and bungee it onto the third shelf cars, pull the top tarp over, and have the ten footer to "protect" everything. Took an old pressure washer cord (about 20') with gfi and ran myself a nice 2 gang outlet box under the middle of the 3rd shelf. Works out awesome for storing about 16-20 rides. Provides shelter, organization, ability to charge or blast the Bluetooth soundbar from, shade for almost anything, and doubles as a bar on bonfire outdoor movie night. I just have it in a bad spot so I can't hang the projector screen on it. Planned obsolescence, my shelving is conveniently off to the side =)
My poor planning build faces north, running east to west, and at the time earlier this spring when I built it, the sun was further south. The issues I now run into are the bigger rides (hurricanes, escalades, and silverados) are a bit proud, get some sun on the hoods early morning and later afternoon, and also in torrential downpours some of the battery boxes and front axle supports collect water. Also I goofed on the second shelf height. Only flipdown windshield jeeps and shorter fit. The gator windscreen has some flex so it'll convince in, but there's a few I'd love to store there, but can't fit. Yes, it's going to be an issue come snow load time, but I don't plan to have power wheels out the wazoo by then. Maybe? Most of the unit was scraps, except the 18' 2x6", and the pallets being free account for most of the structure. I'll admit, it's ugly as sin, but function over fashion! It holds my fat butt up on the 3rd shelf, keeps the power wheels out of the mud and dry from most of the rain, and a good 14 of them out of the sun. People laugh, till they see the dorm size fridge and the blender, or till the music and movies soundtrack comes blasting from it!
LOL we have 6 rides right now and im not planning on anymore. I am just putting my efforts into a couple the boys are especially keen on. the Mustang and the vette. and they have 4 over at grandmas but she stores them in sheds for them. 2 four wheelers and 2 jeeps for powerwheels derby
Newbie to mods for power wheels

By the way it’s a Kawasaki quad, forgot to add tha[…]

Broke steering column.

IMG_0693 (1).JPG weld Point where handlebars conn[…]

Corevette Motor

so much info on this site, but I can't keep it all[…]

Great project! If you click my projects link in m[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course