KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Have you added running lights? Headlamps? Perhaps some spinners?
By islah
** THIS CAR IS FOR SHOW, NOT FOR DRIVING BY KIDS!! **

After watching the How-its-made stretch Limo's I was struck by the idea of a stretch modification. I've actually attempted this before by turning a jeep into longer style truck. This time my origin point was a sweet little pink mustang I haggled off craigslist for about $100...

First I took it apart, then cut it down the middle & "stretched" with added material borrowed from a plastic tote. All parts were bent & adhered using a heat gun. Then primed...

As this stretch was curved and absurd to actually drive -- though dreamy in concept-- i wanted to go for a soviet cosmonaut look. I painted a racing stripe and went for a chrome color scheme.
The car is lifted in many of these images by actual car jacks .... ; )

I also added exhaust pipes from the plumbing section of the hardware store... adhered with plumbers putty, which works for metal on plastic parts... then added custom soft / plush "exhaust" flames

As I'd done with another car, attempted to control the motors with high-current appropriately rated motor drivers from adafruit and pololu (seen below), but neither of these worked. I was able to drive the motor from AC current (without child driver) for installation purposes using a simple switching 12v power supply rated for 15a (3rd and 4th pic):

I also installed LEDs controlled by microcontroller. Here's a video:
https://vimeo.com/170249985
I actually kinda like the pipes ... But when I read stretch I was thinking taking the center out of one and grafting it into the center of the other perhaps adding second row seating. I do have to ask where the curved idea came from.
New From ToysRus: Dune Racer.

Pretty much everything you would expect from a kid[…]

My son's Hurricane Extreme

That looks rad! :D

Hello Everyone, I just really wanted to stop by […]

I have the same problem with my gator 6x4 I have […]

HobbyMasters