KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Have you added running lights? Headlamps? Perhaps some spinners?
By wired
OR......save yourself some cash and buy these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-LED-Blue-Red ... tP&vxp=mtr

If you prefer shopping amazon just search with the words "red blue LED strobe". They also sell this kit for less than $14 shipped.
8-)
It's a shame you come to this site just to continuously price gouge our members. People, please shop around.
By M.L.Toys
There's no price gouging here. Yes, we started with that light kit but then had them modified to better fit our needs. Plus there's no waiting for a boat from China.

You have got to stop being so negative about everything we do. It's not healthy for you. You still haven't tried anything you've mocked.
By wired
Just because I haven't overpaid for the products you sell doesn't mean I haven't used them. I am not mocking. I'm letting everybody know there are other (and less expensive) options. If I receive a defective product through ebay or amazon I don't get excuses, I get a refund. Maybe you should take note. What's "not healthy" is being in denial about your intentions. Sell your snake oil and make your excuses but I will continue to help our members get the best deal to modify and repair their rides so they don't overpay to enjoy time with their children. I hate to think somebody has to work longer and harder to pay for something to make their kid happy than they have to. Time spent with your child is better than time spent at work. My intentions are good.

mock·ing
ˈmäkiNG/Submit
adjective
making fun of someone or something in a cruel way; derisive.
By M.L.Toys
Your intentions may be good but you are misdirected.
We create products that save people the time and expense of experimenting with what works and what doesn't work. So that when they plug in there emergency lights it doesn't blow out because of sub-par electronics, for example. Not everyone is going to read all of the forum threads and how-to's before attempting a do-it-yourself modification. As a matter of fact, the vast, vast majority don't. So we take the time and expense for them to find out what works, create new things that do work, and provide support to folks when they're having trouble making them work. We offer warranties. We answer at least 30 emails a day for people trying to figure out what the right modification for their cars are. All of this R&D and customer support doesn't just come for free because we have yet to find an employee who will work for free.
For the die-hard do-it-yourselfer who has a strong mechanical & electrical background sure they can save some money and build it all themselves. For the majority we save them time, money, and frustration. Because we agree, spending time with your child is better then time spent at work. But being the hero dad watching them have fun with their modified car instead of being frustrated figuring out how to make a modification work is priceless.
By wired
So you are the guy that offers high priced items to ease the pain of education? Everyone can decide for themselves what they want to do. This entire website is dedicated to learning and sharing of information. People come here for many reasons. Some with questions, some with answers and some with results to share. You want to offer the solution to that by putting a higher price on things people can get cheaper elsewhere? Is that what YOUR existence is? Sounds like you are misdirecting everybody who reads your sales pitches. Offering a warranty and backing a warranty are two different things.
Like I said, I am offering options. If that offends you then you are in the wrong business and definitely in the wrong place.
By M.L.Toys
We're the company that offers plug n play options for those who want something simple and that has been tested by real engineers. This website is here to offer people ALL of the solutions to their ride-on issues. Not just how to do it yourself but to show people every option so they can decide themselves if they want to figure out how to do it or get something pre-tested designed specifically for their needs. We have total respect for those that do it themselves and are innovators. That's the hardcore awesomeness of the hobby, but not who most ride-on owners are.
We're not offended by you. We're trying to help you see that there is more then one right way to upgrade a ride-on.
By wired
So stop being offended or defensive every time I offer another option other than yours. I work here for free.
By M.L.Toys
wired wrote:So stop being offended or defensive every time I offer another option other than yours. I work here for free.

Have you personally tested the light kit you just recommended to everyone? I'm guessing not, cause we did.
By wired
M.L.Toys wrote:The 4 sets that we received to test all gave out in anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 hours.

Funny that sounds exactly like some claims against your products. :lol:

Too many sellers offering this light kit for you to be even remotely close to being legit. So what do YOU do to these kits to make them better? I'm eager to hear how you could help everyone out here.
By M.L.Toys
We replaced the fetzer valve with better ball bearings.

Look, clearly nothing we explain to you, no matter how polite nor factual we put things, is going to stop you from being an MLToys hater. But in this particular case you're giving out bad advise to members. So please, PLEASE just stop responding to posts we make because you're not being factual or open minded. As you've proven here. Why do our kits cost more then the EBay special? Because we paid for 4 samples, spent a few hours testing them, contacted the manufacturer about our concerns to make them work for ride-ons, had them reworked for us (something you can only ask them to do when buying in quantity), and then paid for more units. And that doesn't include the other emergency light units that we paid for, tested, and rejected all together. It's no different then companies like Summitt Racing does for real car enthusiasts. It's actually a business model we follow. So please, re-read our post as there's no voodoo or get-rich scheme to this job. Please work together with us as we are part of the MPW community, just as an administrator, page moderator, and end user is a part of what makes the community. There's no bad guy here.
By wired
That's about the reply I was expecting. I will continue to reply to posts when there are options and alternatives.

You have been warned about making statements such as these already:
M.L.Toys wrote: you from being an MLToys hater.
By CJB
I'm also curious to know what was changed. They look exactly the same but maybe with more wire??

I'm not hating on anyone. You can sell what you like. People can choose to buy it or not. And wired is well within his duty as a member here to show all options for the 'same' kit.

But as I said above, I'd like to know what was changed and where the added value is in this product.
By toycrusher
There is nothing wrong with selling something for more than you paid for it. A 40% markup is average for slow moving low competition parts. A 110% markup is pretty steep, but if people choose to buy everything in one convenient place that has stock and they don't choose to shop around, that's fine too.

Advertising things as better than they are, I have an issue with. If you really did improve them, great! :D But please spill the beans as to what was upgraded. I've used those flash modules with incredibly tiny 24-26 gauge wire in them and powered 30+ watt LED light bars with them for hours on end without failure. Was I taking risks? Sure, but it was for a demo and if it melted down it wasn't going to injure kids.

You really need to offer a scooter controller kit. You can easily source it from China like everyone else does. Then when offering your Level XXIX1000 upgrade kit you can specify that voltages 18 and up without your scooter controller greatly reduces the lifespan of components. If they choose to upgrade properly you get a sale and the customer gets better results. If they choose to go for the "big numbers" without the proper underlying upgrades they will do so having at least acknowledged the impending failures and they would bare the brunt of the responsibility.
By M.L.Toys
Well not to add mystery to mystery but we don't really know for sure what was modified in the control box. We told the manufacturer what went wrong and they told us they could modify it for us so it would work. So we placed a large enough order to make it worth their effort and ta-daah. If you notice we first put word out about 2 months ago that we were coming out with this kit. If we were just reselling the EBay special it would have been on the market much quicker (and cheaper). Could be anything from a new component to heavier solder on the joints. All we know is the old one failed our QC, these passed. Yeah happy, now on to the next modification part.

We do want to do a variable throttle. Got a lot of hours and dollars into investigating them (as do soooo many others on mpw). Haven't been able to come up with anything better then what Wesley has. His kit is very reliable and not bad on the price. It's just not as plug n play as what we're striving for. We also get along with him and don't want to compete by selling the same product.

I will have to look at the shifter when I get off […]

Upgrade BMW i8 Concept

If the 6v bat is stock it may have a built in fuse[…]

Will do. You're next in line.

Razor quad

Question about a razor quad I'm sure someone has s[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course