KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Have you added running lights? Headlamps? Perhaps some spinners?
I stumbled across this site surfing the net for my kid a power wheels and had to bookmark it cause my 18 month old loves his 6v atm. I was giving this run down pink Barbie mustang and brainstorming I did. Here are a few pics of the project atm. Image Image Image Image
I have the underbody undercoated and that's a visual or final product. also tinted my clear to give my kid the headlight cover look. Image Image that's were am at atm. Items im gonna need will be wheels and a rear spoiler. I entend on salvaging everything else as I like turning someones junk into a diamond
Awesome! Love seeing them return from the grave! 8-)
Looking good, I like the Mustangs after building one myself.

Wasn't allowed a lot of time to work on the car today. I had little bit of bed liner in a can so I decided to roll it on the inside for the abuse that will take in paint over that. I painted my trim a smoke charcoal color in cleared those pieces to offset the matte black that the outside will be. I also picked up a set of tires in boss rims off person in the Facebook group. Those rims look more like my picture so I'll use those over my 5 spoke ones.
That looks awesome I feel ya on the the red paint I just finished my nieces red jeep and am finishing up the purple jeep below the red on has a harbor freight air under the hood lights 18v's of power all the good stuff!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Sweet I love the older powerwheels jeep wranglers they definately have the most realistic body Im not a fan of the new style window frames like on the purple one im building I've used a lot of chrome wrap to do accenting on parts as well as making parts out of real diamond plate that I got donated to me I originally had it on 24vs but found out that i could damage the motors so i jumped down to 18volts for power safety reasons LOL! Heres a youtube link to my mods if you wanna check it your welcome to!

Image Im up in the air over this. I think it would look awesome with the pony on floor mat painted black .That's a Time consuming process when I don't really have the time. My thing is if I tape it off leave mats red it won't look right without going to that trouble. What will I do? I guess u will have wait n see cause ATM idk.
ImageImageImage

little more of my progress I have to clear the windshield in the dash yet. I have the hood in bumper primed in ready to sand in paint. got one coat of primer on my windshield post so I need another coat in its rdy for paint. I still am in need of a decklid with boss spoiler or just a spoiler off the old mustang. I got be figuring out a plan on that issue.
Keep the updates rolling! 8-)
That's some of today's progress. I got some red LEDs rigged up to test the color on tinted lights I done they checked out ok. First color is on the wheel and I'm leaning toward the chrome rims I got today as they look more like the photo. Put some of my lights in to get a visual . The radio doesn't work no surprise . Haven't decided if just leave it be or put a real one in. In that cheap looking gear shifter has got to go.Image

Picked that up on eBay as it fit my color scheme. I just said hell with taping up floor mat as the time that would took I can spend elsewhere it's back to black. Gonna rig up engine start to control his red led interior lights. I'll get two rocker switches for other lights.
[url=http://s61.photobucket.com/user/Heathncherylsmith/media/image_zpscy8awdvr.jpeg.html]Image i'm getting closer in closer to starting on the inside goodies. I have my rims sprayed just have start doing some assembly. I'm new to all this so the order I need todo it all in or best way I'm winging it. I started with what I know lol.
Ty I still have a ways Togo. My son brings me the iPad daily to look up powerwheels on YouTube and look up people's builds here and facebook. This will be a hobby I'll get enjoy for years with him as he doesn't turn two until Jan 14th.
This project looks fantastic! I am working on something similar and was wondering what type of paint you used? I ended up going with Rustoleum universal primer + paint, but I'm not incredibly happy with the results. Even though I washed the surfaces to be painted quite thoroughly and allowed to dry, I have chipped some of the paint off with minimal contact. I didn't sand the plastic, or use a separate primer, which in retrospect I regret. Were I to do this again I would probably use a gravity gun with an air compressor. Just curious to know what your process was.
absentspace wrote:This project looks fantastic! I am working on something similar and was wondering what type of paint you used? I ended up going with Rustoleum universal primer + paint, but I'm not incredibly happy with the results. Even though I washed the surfaces to be painted quite thoroughly and allowed to dry, I have chipped some of the paint off with minimal contact. I didn't sand the plastic, or use a separate primer, which in retrospect I regret. Were I to do this again I would probably use a gravity gun with an air compressor. Just curious to know what your process was.
. My parents own a body shop that I've worked in since I was 17. I wet sanded mine with 400 used bulldog " adhesion promoter" and primed . Wet sanded again n sprayed my sealer with flex agent and applied color and the matte clear.
Finally had sometime to work on his project again after months in months of just sitting there collecting dust as seen in pics lol. Hard find the time working two jobs with a 6month old daughter and 2 1/2 year old son. I got his speakers installed and like radio the white had Togo. Decided I'd support place battery my one boss got me came from even.ImageImage
Just figured I'd let ya know you can fit a 12V 20 Ah battery under that hood which gives the mustang some pretty good run time between charges.. I use the same 20 ah SLA battery in my riding mower mainly because my mower needed a battery and I ended up with 3 20AH batteries for free.. I use 2 that are switched out periodically for the mustang and one in my mower.
I have a 18v battery for the mustang pat. I picked up one of those corvettes like in your picture for next project off the fb group. Fixing it for my buddies son who's a little person"I'll have modify that someway".

I know this thread is getting kind of old by now b[…]

Quad Damage (1st gear delete mod)

Chart, that rubber grip looks like it would eat th[…]

If you're using stock motors and gearbox be carefu[…]

Fire Rescue Jeep Major Overhaul!

Oh, its is gonna be a paw patrol police jeep!

HobbyMasters Udemy Course