KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Have you added running lights? Headlamps? Perhaps some spinners?
I started on my first project car back in July, at first added extra battery and upgraded to 24v which my kids enjoy, then upgraded the lights and seeing that the doors opened up each time my kid made a quick turn, so I made power door locks, and full alarm, and added the stereo with speakers, and a digital speedometer.

Awesome work and welcome to the forum! What did you use for the speedometer? I have a mustang project I'm going to work on this winter and im gathering ideas.
Bigmac41288b wrote:Awesome work and welcome to the forum! What did you use for the speedometer? I have a mustang project I'm going to work on this winter and im gathering ideas.

Thanks for the welcome, for the speedometer, I am using an android phone, I will post some pictures of the install later, but I got the phone at Walmart, with out a contract so it was a lower prices phone, but a 4.5" screen and quad processor, and so with a GPS and a speedometer app, and set to walking measurements it gives a accurate reading, plus you have time, date, weather, top speed recording, compass, also you can have the navigation, no Sim card needed, I connected with wifi to installs the apps, and then turned off the wifi so I don't get annoying ads.
Great idea! I think I have an old iPhone 4 laying around somewhere that the kids usually play with. I wonder if I could do something similar with that. It would also let me instal a Bluetooth speaker for music.
I think my mustang build this winter is going to get way more complex then originally intended!
rola_electronics wrote:
Bigmac41288b wrote:Awesome work and welcome to the forum! What did you use for the speedometer? I have a mustang project I'm going to work on this winter and im gathering ideas.

Thanks for the welcome, for the speedometer, I am using an android phone, I will post some pictures of the install later, but I got the phone at Walmart, with out a contract so it was a lower prices phone, but a 4.5" screen and quad processor, and so with a GPS and a speedometer app, and set to walking measurements it gives a accurate reading, plus you have time, date, weather, top speed recording, compass, also you can have the navigation, no Sim card needed, I connected with wifi to installs the apps, and then turned off the wifi so I don't get annoying ads.

@rola_electronics, which speedometer app did you download, and how did you mount the phone?

MHO, this particular setup isn't likely a good fit[…]

I am upgrading a Best Choice 12v Jeep purchased fr[…]

mine has a chrome housing with clear lens covers..[…]

Hammer! Wow.... Great info... Thank you Reading […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course