KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Have you added running lights? Headlamps? Perhaps some spinners?
By Bigmac41288b
I've been working on getting the lighting on my son's Jeep Hurricane for about 3 months. It seems like it took forever because this is his favorite ride out of the fleet so I kept having to put it back together mid project for him to play. (Darn kids ruin all my fun... J/K)
I might tackle reverse and brake lights next but I think I will wait till winter as to not disrupt any more play time.
These hurricanes seem power hungry, what is everyone else running battery size wise to keep these monsters rolling?
Here is a few more pics
By Wykydtron
Looking good! I'm doing some similar mods on my daughter's hurricane soon but I'm waiting on some chinapost from eBay still.

She is still learning to drive so we haven't tested out run time, but I recently installed an 18Ah.

I'm guessing from things I've read that blue was an early model? Ours is green and has stickers instead of rear lenses. I'm probably going to use trailer lenses. Are your front Amber lenses stock too? If so I'm jealous.
Did the 18ah fit in the original battery spot or was some modification needed?
The front amber lense location was just fog light stickers to begin with. I installed 3/4" flush mount LEDs in the front fog light location and in the mirrors. I believe I got them off eBay for less than $10. I'll see if I can find a link to what I purchased.
I think they were a little to bright so I did add a resistor in series with the power to dim them down a bit. I did the same for the undergrowth lights and tail lights as I thought they were a little to much at full brightness.
By Wykydtron
I just remembered to check back to this post. I need to see if I can change my settings to get email notifications. I did have to do some trimming to get the 18 Ah battery to sit low enough. I will have to figure out how to post pics here soon.

I'm probably going to use some fog lens projectors I have in the front with amber leds.

The ones you found look great though.
By diymike
This hurricane looks great. This is similar to what I want do for my son's jeep. I have the green version K7112. I plan on purchasing the lighting kit from ML Toys as I am not that savvy when it comes to electronics and wiring. What did you do for the red transparent tail light covers? My model comes with the decals only.
Mine came with the lenses. I believe the older models came with the lenses and the newer ones have decals only.

I don't have anything written up on the homebrew c[…]

Nice! That thing is flying pretty well :lol: . I[…]

Full Wire Harness ($150) I have an unfinished proj[…]

I know this thread is getting kind of old by now b[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course