KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
I have something you MIGHT want. Do you want to buy?
I agree...they are not as cheap when you add $400 in fuel. But I was not going to be the one to say you are crazy! :P :lol:
The USAC tour takes us to Eldora on Sept 23-24 (maybe 25) I might be able to squeeze a few in the truck, but not many. Don't know how far that is for you guys.
That's roadmonkeys territory, about 5 hours. It obviously shaves 14 hours off the round trip, and to get to see the race certainly enhances the likelihood of the excuse for disappearing to work, but your priorities are the race and packing up to have everything you may need to make the trip and keep the kids in the race. And I understand that. I'd like to say bring the rzr and...... but I'd bet the leftover space is more along the lines of parts than complete rides, especially something the size of the rides we'd be looking at. But those bins of loose parts... that's definitely something to consider!
But like I said, I fully understand how you need to have everything you own available for the race, and the family, while at an event like that so far from home. Not being on friendly turf, you can't just count on Bob 2 spots over to bring you some extra parts and share tools, and when you're that close to the finals, people tend to be less likely to share their parts thinking that you are taking away their shot at a win. I'd say we'll see what you have left, and room for. I know that you're not going to be packing up the trailer the morning of!
And I definitely appreciate the offer!!!! I look forward to catching the race and meeting the super creative man named Taz!
That is the finals for us. I would have more room if we weren't sleeping in the trailer to keep costs down.

We'll see how it looks in a month or so.
how big of a trailer do you think i would need ?? its 9 hr drive for me one way. I have an idea but i'll have to see how many of the other rides have homes . I am pretty sure im going to go ahead and nab the polaris X 2 but trailers i currently have ability to use I don't know if i could get them into it or not .
BIG :shock:

I have a 22x8 enclosed and I don't think they would all fit in that........maybe if you are an ace at tetris :P
:shock: uuhhhh ok that might be a bigger undertaking than my poor 04 trailblazer can handle.. I've pulled one good sized trailer with it when i moved to my current house last year with my 89 Conquest on it .. that was an open trailer with just the car and it was an adventure... only other trailer was the 12 X 6 enclosed and again i have rear wheel drive inline 6 cyl in this poor truck. at 200K miles currently.
Wife blew up her 01 at 230,ooo. Mysterious oil disappearance!
Didn't leak, wasn't blowing blue in the morning...... was much surprised! Check your oil routinely.....
But it towed great! Worst was a 4 door old body style Tahoe, on a homemade car hauler. Trailer alone was about 1,500 lbs I think??? Did fine. Well, actually the worst was a drive on 4 post car lift. But that was only due to midnight tow truck loading in the dark. I think we lit up more stars and street signs, than road reflectors on the way home. But that was only 75-100 miles.
As long as you've replaced at least half the suspension parts, you should be fine.
It hurts telling you this, seeing as how you're going to steal my rzr =(
But a 12x6 enclosed probably won't get that much. It'll probably take a little over half. Those rzr have to be huge! Dunno, never seen one, but with the roll cage, even with tires off, I can't imagine a 6' trailer having more than a 5' ceiling. So maybe you can fit 3 others on top of 2 rzr. You can fit at least 1 car in the trailblazer, one on the roof, and stack up what ever else you can fit smashed in the back.
Pull jeep roll bars, and Harley front forks! I think only one had the thumb button, that's just 2 screws. Gators are gonna be space takers, flip them to ying-yang with some rollbars or box o parts in the voids.
As someone else said before, if there's no pictures, it didn't happen!
I'll text you the pictures, I had a 5x9 open, had gator, silverado, super 6 f150, 2 grave digger, 2 avigo quads, metal frame jeep, and 3 boxes of parts with an extra digger tub. The load was about 9' tall off the road, but nothing hanging out of the trailer. That was my biggest haul. But even that was only a 3.5 hour trip, was a rental trailer, all tongue weight, wouldn't let me do over 60! SUCKED! going 62 not drafting a semi, empty or loaded.... fish tail city.
If you don't KNOW the trailer, haul it around before you hit the highway! That 9 hours, will feel like a week if yours tows like that thing did.
I'd only ever played the tetris game for a handful of minutes, but packing.... I've got that sh*t down to a science.
And lotsa lotsa straps! Bungees, tethers, ratchet.... tons of straps. They're your friends. Borrow them if you have to. That or 2 bundles of harbor freight rope. Hope you smoke, or at least have a bic lighter.

Just make sure that you have the Sanford and sons anthem on disk!

I'm buying a lotto ticket, and if I win a grand, this race is on! =P
LOL Straps ummm I got them covered.. I moved last year and even before that I had piles of ratchet straps. 20 i think was the last count .. this is the biggest load i pulled behind her so far. Image and due to current house hunt situation throwing more money at PW and toys has been put on hold......
Suburbancharlie77 wrote:I know that you don't want to part out, but is there any chance of getting a price for the loose motor cover from "the baked coolest ride ever", a Harley saddle bag, gator battery cover a shifter and armrest/seat ends and tailgate with latches? Most of it is already loose so I'm guessing they're extras? And the extreme machine looks like an eliminator, any chance it has the same motor cover or any tires, and left side swinging door? I'm guessing dude that joined for the x-treme machine parts took all the "go stuff"?
So how much is gas running these days by you? Over $3/gallon here. The $500 total for toys gets kinda steep at 1,600 miles @ 15mpg without a trailer. If I bring my own pillow, can I sleep in the garage?

I almost got to this today....probably have 75% of it if you are still interested let me know. Zip?
There should be a pair of #3 in the vette. They may have plastic pinions though.......
Hi again Taz! :D

Since you have better pictures of what I'm looking for on this thread I'll ask here. I probably wouldn't ask since you didn't want to do a part out, but it seems the jeeps I'm interested have been mostly parted out already. :-)

From this pic: download/file.php?id=24438&mode=view

-Steering wheel
-Windshield hinges (black)
-Tailgate

download/file.php?id=24436&mode=view

-"half-baked" hood
-hood latches

download/file.php?id=24439&mode=view

-windshield with wiper blades
-hood

Thanks for your time! If you can't do my request, it's completely understandable. If you can, my zip is 60030. Just let me know how much and where to send your payment.
I would gladly have taken all three of those jeeps off your hands (and probably more) if I lived closer, but a 12+ hour drive one-way is tough when you have to keep a 2 year old occupied.

Edit: Almost forgot! I could use one (or more) of the F/R or 6v/12v switches, they're the diagonal ones with offset prongs. :-)
Okie Dokie.... FYI, the windshield is better on the middle jeep. (I have the wipers for it). The hood on the last one is solid,,,,but chalky/ baked to death. You are welcome to it but it will need a heavy dose of heat gun and sand paper. Do you want the hinges that are with the windshield too? (two sets)

Going out to start pulling.
taz11 wrote:Okie Dokie.... FYI, the windshield is better on the middle jeep. (I have the wipers for it). The hood on the last one is solid,,,,but chalky/ baked to death. You are welcome to it but it will need a heavy dose of heat gun and sand paper. Do you want the hinges that are with the windshield too? (two sets)

Going out to start pulling.

Yes to all three, please. I plan on painting the hinges black for my finished Jeep. I'll use whichever is worse of the hoods for practicing my heat gun and sand paper skills.

Thanks!
Got everything. 4 switches, 2 test good and 2 are no contact on one pin. They sound smooth so probably just need cleaning. The black hinges are the "no fold down" type and the red ones are for a fold down windshield. The both work, just one does not fold down. I have another set of fold down ones if you prefer them. Have a second tailgate too if you needed one.....it wasn't in the pic.
Dukkie wrote:Do you have any Barbie Jeep parts,

Push Nut ".437 Retainer Cap" White SKU: 0801-0227
Silver Hood Latch SKU: 74020-9559
Rear Axle for Jeep SKU: L7820-4529

I do but it is probably more cost effective to go to the hardware store. The axle is 7/16 or 11mm. Get some steel rod and and a few cap nuts.

I have latches if you need them. I have new silver $3 or used in random colors $1. Plus shipping. Let me know, I have the axle and nut if you prefer OEM stuff.
It was trash day today...couldn't help myself. Added 4 more. :? :roll: :!:
The roof will usually hold 2, grab a scrap of rug or some carpet as a paint protection, and harbor freight sells a nice trailer hitch rack that'll hold one nicely for $50. They also have some 20' ratchet straps for 300 lb cheap! That's been more than enough strength to get a few of mine home from hours away!
Hopefully you can catch him on a day he's got time, to show you a few things. I'd advise at least a 12 pack as a kind gesture. Too bad I dunno what kind he drinks?
Charlie's got good advise! Not a beer drinker though.....kills me. Evenings are best for me. Send me a PM if you are interested in stopping by. I'll give you my cell#.
I should. I'll check when I get a few. Probably Monday.
When you get time bud I appreciate it .. I know your busy right now . No rush. I'm using this new one and the old pink one to turn into my kids derby jeeps. We have their Race Derby cars already. But town festival where we live has a ballon pop derby with the kids in powerwheels.. And grandma decided the ones i went and got for them for last year are not going to be used for derby anymore as those stay at her house....... so the boys had to miss out this year.
Pat, still looking. Worst case I will pull them off the free black jeep in this thread.

Thanks to Scoops, three left last night and there are 4 more on deck for later this week. Seems like a good guy, I would not hesitate to do business with him in the future.

I just added a nice Bigfoot to the list. The trash man put it aside for me this morning.
Well, that doesn't sound good. Hope all is well.
taz11 wrote:Pat, still looking. Worst case I will pull them off the free black jeep in this thread.

Thanks to Scoops, three left last night and there are 4 more on deck for later this week. Seems like a good guy, I would not hesitate to do business with him in the future.

I just added a nice Bigfoot to the list. The trash man put it aside for me this morning.

Thanks again Taz. I appreciate everything, all your help and insight.
Sorry Pat, Things got pretty busy for a while there. $14 shipped for a grill and wheel driver if you still need them.
hmm and for some reason my other message didnt show... yeah i knew you were busy with the kids and races thats why i said when you have the time bud.. no rush on this for me . Getting ready to put the cars away for winter time anyway.. I'm going to keep their quads out for now but put the mustangs and vettes away as well as the other odds and ends vehicles we have all over the place right now lol. In process of a new place bigger garage and space to work less yard but plenty for them to run their cars for now .. definately going to be looking around town for a better place to run the other vette once it's got the scooter motors in it and what not.
I have 3 drivers, brand new, never used.
Motors Bad?

at 12.2 volts it acted like the battery was dead

New Side Project

admin could you delete this post plz. this was old[…]

Fire Rescue Jeep Major Overhaul!

Hello All! Im Back, with a new project. With your[…]

Do you think it would have been possible to keep t[…]

HobbyMasters