HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By Dashrendar
So I recently came across a Peg Perego 12v Outlaw with no battery. I studied this site and the archived one hardcore seeing what I could do financially to get it running. So I got a nice 12/6v 3a Schumacher charger, and the 12v 12Ah battery setup.

After I charged it and tested the Outlaw, I realized that one or possibly both gearboxes are grinding pretty bad. So.. My main question, I am thinking of returning what I have purchased ($110.00 invested so far) and just putting that towards a new setup instead. The Outlaw seems nice, but I don't want to keep sinking money into it when I could just buy a brand new one for not much more. (Different model or type)

My son is almost 3, and I really just want something he can enjoy. His little face litup when he was riding like a boss fishtailing and sliding around. I just want him to be happy, and we are not well off financially so that is my main concern.

Suggestions?
By CJB
My 2 cents:

You now have the most expensive parts you need to buy - battery and charger. Look on craigslist or FB marketplace for someone getting rid of a functional ride cheap. Most cheap used ones I see just need a battery. Or post in the want to buy section of this forum and see if anyone can get you a deal on new outlaw gearboxes. Depending on your location, someone may have one or two they just want to get rid of.

I wouldn't return the battery (I don't think they'll let you either) or charger. You'll use them.
By Dashrendar
I was leaning towards that, but was just worried about having to possibly buy both gearboxes and then something else pop up. I live in Huntington, WV, and doing a search around me resulted in zero finds for an Outlaw (only a couple off-brand ride ons were even listed at all) I can return the battery if needed, I made sure before buying because I didn't know if that was the only issue at the time. I guess I will check around more for gearboxes, was just concerned because I only have 15 days(12 left) to return battery. Thanks for you input.
By Dashrendar
Also.. And this may be a topic for another section but I didn't want to flood the forum... Is there a way I can tell if it is the gearboxes or the motor itself? It seems to go pretty quick in 2nd so I was leaning towards the gearboxes, just another question making me worry lol
Dune racer build up help

It's only the housings that are different: small a[…]

Need wiring help

A potentiometer is a three-terminal resistor with […]

Motion Trendz Buzz Lightyear Car

So has anyone found a good place to find these gea[…]

Exploding Controllers

I would double-check the battery/wiring polarity -[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course