HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By blake711
Last night I was sent a PM and I didn't get a notification till late in the night. Its now sent me about 8 notifications for the same PM I already read.

also earlier I am sure I made 2 new posts that didn't show up. Anyone else having anything weird happening?

By taz11
hypo21 wrote:Do PMs go to the site now, or still to your email?

CJB, shooting you a PM as a test since I know you are online.
Pms are on the site....but you get an email to tell you it's there.
By taz11
I got a pm around 1230 (according to the time stamp). I didn't get an email until much later.

also...made a post a little while ago....Hit submit and it sat there staring at me :?: The post was on the site when I went back later.
By hootienchyna
email notifications can have a delay, the info goes from here to the mail server then out to you. the mail server could be slow in the process.
i personally just set up to have the popup open when i have a pm.
By CJB
hootienchyna wrote:email notifications can have a delay, the info goes from here to the mail server then out to you. the mail server could be slow in the process.

Perhaps I should enable pop-ups for this site next time it asks then.
By hootienchyna
CJB wrote:
hootienchyna wrote:email notifications can have a delay, the info goes from here to the mail server then out to you. the mail server could be slow in the process.

Perhaps I should enable pop-ups for this site next time it asks then.

also make sure in your user control panel to set it to popup
By blake711
CJB I sent you a test pm can you let me know if you got it? And if you received any notification for it please.
By blake711
CJB I got your pm in response to mine and at the same time I it showed up I got a pm saying the original pm I got from Taz last night was in my box. its like every-time someone sends a pm I am getting the notification about the same one.

I turned off email notification can you send me one more please.
By blake711
even with email notification turned off I am still getting the email of the same pm from last night. Jason if you are seeing this any help would be appreciated.
By sea_stork
I noticed when I posted 4 pics in a for sale post, 5 pictures came up. While I was creating the post, I did delete a code for a pic, and start over. So I figured that's what did it. Even if I try to edit the post, it only shows the codes for 4 pictures??? No biggie, ya'll just get to look at the same hood twice. :mrgreen:
By blake711
well I am still getting the emails for the same pm. I think each time someone sends one it is hitting a file that should have been purged and instead resends that same info. Instead of creating a new file each time then deleting it when the email has been sent. Hopefully Jason will stop by soon.
By ms1120
I noticed that when typing a long post, it would continue to add the words but it wouldnt scroll to the bottom of the text box. The text in the box was what I had written 50 characters ago so I couldnt see what I was typing. I scrolled the box down but It wouldnt stay there. Just letting you know
By chozian
ms1120 wrote:I noticed that when typing a long post, it would continue to add the words but it wouldnt scroll to the bottom of the text box. The text in the box was what I had written 50 characters ago so I couldnt see what I was typing. I scrolled the box down but It wouldnt stay there. Just letting you know
Which browser are you using? I haven't experienced that problem using the latest dev release of Google Chrome.
By chozian
A few days ago, I had subscribed to each forum on this site to receive email notifications anytime a new message was posted. I decided this was too many emails and the "View unread posts" feature on the site suits my needs just fine. So, I unsubscribed from all of the forums yesterday. I kept my subscriptions to a few topics that I had a started. Well, I noticed that I am still receiving email notifications for some of the forums and topics that I had unsubscribed from. Maybe it takes a while for this to take effect? It's no big deal to me, but thought I would point it out.
By blake711
I think its all tied to the part of the software that does notifications. We just need jason to take a look at it as it seems to be getting stuck in a loop. Good thing is I haven't gotten any more notifications from taz today. Woo whoo
By ms1120
chozian wrote:
ms1120 wrote:I noticed that when typing a long post, it would continue to add the words but it wouldnt scroll to the bottom of the text box. The text in the box was what I had written 50 characters ago so I couldnt see what I was typing. I scrolled the box down but It wouldnt stay there. Just letting you know
Which browser are you using? I haven't experienced that problem using the latest dev release of Google Chrome.
IE 8
By jasncab
OK Guys. Thanks everyone for bringing this up and Blake for alerting me via PM. I think I have the permissions fixed and I deleted everything in the cache folder too.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas. Thanks for supporting the site. I am about the pay for a year on the new server and kill the old one FYI... (this is the new server). If there is any reason to hold off, please send me a PM (of course I have backups of everything I can think of).
By jasncab
As a side note. I do not have analytic installed on this new site. I still have the same traffic on the old site (both are on the new server).

The point is we still have a lot of people going to the old site. Do you agree?

I am thinking of adding a banner and all that soon, but killing access only after the traffic actually slows on the old site--indicating everyone has gotten the message. Your thoughts?
By gameboy
chozian wrote:
i have the same problem, its "0" on the list of things that need to get fixed.
By blake711
jasncab wrote:As a side note. I do not have analytic installed on this new site. I still have the same traffic on the old site (both are on the new server).

I am thinking of adding a banner and all that soon, but killing access only after the traffic actually slows on the old site--indicating everyone has gotten the message. Your thoughts?
Jason- Thanks for looking into that notification issue. Hopefully that fixes it.

I would say put up a large banner now or as soon as you can stating NEW SITE Available and give the link and that current site will be locked on XX/XX/XXXX

gameboy wrote:
chozian wrote:
I can't duplicate that issue. Wondering if its browser related.
By jparthum
ms1120 wrote:
chozian wrote:
IE 8
I can't reproduce that either. Try running IE without addons...
Code: Select all
iexplore.exe -extoff
... and see if it still happens. Sounds suspiciously similar to the symptoms of a keylogger. :(

I've seen a big increase in Rootkit infections lately, so be diligent everybody! :shock:
By hypo21
jasncab wrote:As a side note. I do not have analytic installed on this new site. I still have the same traffic on the old site (both are on the new server).

I think that would be agreat Idea. I noticed too that a lot of people are still goign to the old site. Does this site come up when googled, or does it still point you to the old site?
By gameboy
[quote="blake711"
gameboy wrote:
chozian wrote:
I can't duplicate that issue. Wondering if its browser related.[/quote]

i dont know, i only use IE, but on several computers. they alll have the same problem. i have noticed it when hootie posted a bunch of smilies, but they were all clumped together. i copied and seperated them out with spaces inbtween each smillie, that wasnt a big deal, but when someone posted some more i edited my post and had trouble then. i copied those new ones and tried to put spaces between them, thats when the trouble started. everytime i pressed "ANY" key my cursor would stay where it was supposed to, but the whole post would self center so i couldnt see what i was typing. the blue bar on the right of the posting box would go to the center of the post and i would have to either scroll down or move my mouse over to the bar and move the bar down to the bottom of the box so i could see what i was typing.
By blake711
pm notification has been working for me. It only notifies you on your first visit after the pm arrives. As for the zero I will have to do some research. Can someone send me a test pm please
By blake711
well this morning when I logged on I got my notification popup and it showed 1 PM in the parentheses. I left the site and came back and it was Zero. Then I looked at my pms and had 2 in my inbox. I Also didn't receive any notifications. So the saga continues.
By blake711
I know why I wasn't getting emails I had it turned off from when it was broken. can I Get some more pms to me please.
By CJB
Can someone decipher the icons to the left of forum topics?
untitled.PNG
untitled.PNG (5.18 KiB) Viewed 5479 times
I've gathered that ones with a star, you've posted in.
Green ones have new, unread posts
and flashing ones are 'hot topics'?

BUT, some of them have the grey blocks on top of one another, and some have a white background, etc.

Is there a Rosetta Stone for topic icons?
By blake711
the white background should just be part of the flashing for a Hot Topic. My guess is that gif was not made as a transparent one is why you see the white background. That would be a screw up on the image creator imo.

Ones with the two squares on top of each other are a sticky. You can right click on an icon and look at the properties and it will tell you the icon name and it should explain what it is. Its pretty self explanitory
examples
topic_read_hot_mine.gif
topic_read.gif
sticky_read_mine.gif

This link shows the stock icons and their functions http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p6348265

Since this site is running a modified theme. You would have to download that theme to extract the icons and their names to get a complete list like the link above.

Edit ok here is what I could grab easily off this site.
Image Forum Read

Image Forum with subforums Read

ImageTopic Locked Read

Image Sticky Read That you have posted in

Image Topic Read you have not posted in

ImageTopic Read you have posted in

Image Hot Topic Read you have posted in

ImageTopic Unread

Image Topic Unread you have posted in

Topic Specific
ImageGo to newest post
ImageGo to latest post
By jparthum
AWESOME Blake!

Thanks! 8-)

:idea:
Maybe you should compile all of the great info into a "This Forum" topic, under "How Stuff Works"... :?:
introduction

Hello, I am new member in this forum.hope we have […]

My kids birthday is coming up and I want to get hi[…]

Dynacraft Princess Carraige 24v

This is by far the most helpful 24V install I've s[…]

I saw that they sell 24 volt motors on Amazon they[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course