HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By toycrusher
No BPRO collection is complete without at least one Gaucho, so I've been looking around. I've seen a few within about a day's drive of me but looking for some more info to narrow down what I want.

Based on a model guide I found in the archived forums, it looks like the Silver and Rockin are nearly the same, 12v 15" tires, autobrake. The Superpower is 24v with real brakes and already has lights.

Question time, the Superpower seems to be the way to go, but I can't stand the wheels! Is it possible to swap them out with wheels from another Gaucho or are they unique?
Also, it's easy to convert 12v to 24v esc for regular gaucho. What do you do with a Superpower to make it faster? Do you have to go to 48v to match speed of regular Gaucho on 24v?

Just curious before I kick myself for spending money on one and then realizing I actually want a different one.

Is it possible to swap them out with wheels from another Gaucho or are they unique?
The Gaucho tires are not directly interchangeable with the SP or vise-verse. The SP has a totally different driver (and there is a difference between the 2 generations of SP drivers too). Not to say you couldn't modify, You're good in that department.

it looks like the Silver and Rockin are nearly the same, 12v 15" tires, autobrake.
The Siver, Rockin and Grande are totally interchangeable in every aspect (except colors and a few accessories, namely tool boxes).

Also, it's easy to convert 12v to 24v esc for regular gaucho.
The Gaucho's take 24v ESC like a Champ! It's a Shame to see them run at anything less than 24v!

Do you have to go to 48v to match speed of regular Gaucho on 24v?
Our 1st Gen. SP with new 36v/40amp ESC and 36v Batts Smokes our Gaucho @ 24v! I can't speak to the 2nd Gen Motors (at 36v) as they're a 700 series motor vs. the 1st Gen, scooter motors.
I will tell you this, even keeping the SP at 24v with an ESC upgrade to a 30amp controller will make for a VERY Nice Boost in speed/torque and do so Very Reliably (1st or 2nd Gen. SP).
Here is one way to do it:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11820

I can't stand the wheels!
I'm not a fan of the Appearance either. But if you put Function before Form, than they are Great Wheels (traction, very quiet and long lasting).

Summary:
ANY Gaucho Beats ANY PW, Hands Down.
And the SP makes a Gaucho look like a PW :o
If you Don't Buy a Super Power when one is available, Than you're just a Fool :)
Well, those were some quick responses! Superpower is now definitely on my list. There are a couple for sale in Texas but both for over $200, which is a tough sell to a wife already upset about a "plastic junkyard" that used to be a nice lawn. :lol:

I'm looking at a Grande that's way too far away, but only $70 and complete so I may work my way up to a superpower later :)
I've seen those in TX. $200 is a Bit steep for me personally, not to say they're not worth it, but...?

You'll have a Blast with the Gaucho no doubt. About a month after I got our 1st Gaucho I started selling our PWs and haven't gone back (except to part-out or flip). That helped with clearing our yard :)
So I broke down and got the superpower. Now I have even MORE questions. Since you have at least one, you can probably answer some of them. How "soft" is the start on the superpower? The one I picked up takes a full second or more to get moving. I've lifted it up and moved the throttle cable by hand and the results are the same. It also only does about 4-5mph in "High" speed. Is that normal? I was under the impression they could hit 7mph stock. Thanks,
By Leoniums
The Gaucho's take 24v ESC like a Champ! It's a Shame to see them run at anything less than 24v!

Hi there
Can you please link me to what i need for a "safe" without problems conversion?

Thank you in advance
Regards
~Leo
Leoniums wrote:The Gaucho's take 24v ESC like a Champ! It's a Shame to see them run at anything less than 24v!

Hi there
Can you please link me to what i need for a "safe" without problems conversion?

Thank you in advance
Regards
~Leo
You can check my wiring diagrams in my signature

hey guys. I'm not very mechanically inclined, but[…]

Little Tikes Tractor Troubles

Having problems with the Little Tikes Cozy Dirt Di[…]

Peg Perego Magica parts

Bunch of parts, both motors work.FAKE MOTOR SOLD

Rubber Tires on 24v Grave Digger

I've done a whole bunch of mod work to our 24vGD, […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course