Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
User avatar
By Bennettj13
#143557
http://bestchoiceproducts.com/products/ ... 7277572739

Anyone have any experience with these? This is the most accurate Jeep style body I've seen out there. I plan to do the "normal" mods to it over time, but my daughter would really dig her own big jeep like dads. This keeps catching my eye, but I'm finding few reviews from anyone who has modded one. Thanks in advance!

James
User avatar
By SigEp
#143588
Bennettj13 wrote:What makes it look "junky"? It doesn't look bad to me.


Experience from owning hundreds of ride ons over the years. I can tell that the tires look flimsy and the seams on the rollbars show that the car is likely made from thin plastic. Plus experience tells me that a factory remote is a giveaway that it's a cheap ride on. Quality costs money though and a nice ride from Peg Perego runs $500-1000 new. But that's why most people on this site buy used off Craigslist.

Experience tells me that a ride on like that jeep might be ok for your kid for a year or so, but when you go to sell it, you will only get a fraction of your $ back out of it. And that's assuming everything is still working perfectly on it which is not likely. Alternatively you can pick up a nice used (like new) Peg Perego ride off Craigslist for a similar price and a couple years down the road sell it for that same price.
User avatar
By Bigmac41288b
#143589
Factory remote also usually means some sort of circuit board control so it's harder to modify later with higher voltage.

What would worry me about buying it is the only two reviews are from a month ago and sound more like advertisements than an actual review. Also the specs are not very accurate and seem to contradict themselves which means the company selling it most likely knows absolutely nothing about the product itself.

I would recommend buying used as well. Use the money you save to get extra batteries or extra powerwheels!
User avatar
By Bennettj13
#143605
My only issue is that this actually looks like a jeep. I suppose I can settle for now before I build her a kids tube buggy later. lol
User avatar
By 800eastrider
#144278
We got one for our daughter for x-mas this year.. the overall quality is great . Very sturdy body and roll bars. Tires are thick sturdy plastic with rubber traction. The suspension is okay the rear springs are pretty stiff . The radio is a little tricky to navigate at first (the institutions are limited) but the functions work well. My biggest complaint is the low end torque (does not take off well) the top speed is good but not good on grass. I have replaced the 2 drive motors with donated motors from her old Barbie Jeep (witch were very good torque) it helped but not much it does seem to be a little faster then before. I'm thinking there is a resistor on the PC board to limit the current being delivered to the motors. I'm working on a hand held switch for direct power to the motors to figure out if it's a gear ratio or loss of power through the PC board.
User avatar
By Stephenrinaudo
#144290
I modified mine for the circuitboard to power on two external relays and wired them in reverse polarity so that it can go forward and reverse. The torque is all there now due to being straight to 12v battery. Only drawback is that it's only one speed and still needs more torque but way better than stock. It will climb curbs now. I really think this mixed with some better motors will be plenty. The front tires will hop off the ground with a fresh charge.
User avatar
By toycrusher
#144295
Thanks for sharing! :D
User avatar
By Musicmaker1586
#144392
Can you explain in more detail about the items you used and the wiring? Are you still on 12v? I was thinking this has some type of ESC that gradually increases voltage for the suddel start. Will wiring another battery fry the radio and or control board?
User avatar
By hobz.mars
#144551
1st. Thank all of you who participate here! I have been a long time lurker...

I purchased this jeep because of the remote control function. I figured it would be a good base for future mod being that it is already had the required steering upgrades needed for rc. Unfortunately the remote control function doesn't work very well. The remote keeps losing sync and i have had to drag this thing home a couple of times. I was wondering if anyone knew how to add a real rc board to this so i can bind it to real remote.

My son is a little too young to drive this by himself now but he will be able to soon. I dont want to make this a true rc i want him to still have the option to drive it once he is older.

Completed Mods: Mini amp, bluetooth module and 2, 3.5 in 2 way speakers. Punisher hood vinyl and licence plates
User avatar
By Musicmaker1586
#144579
Stephenrinaudo wrote:I modified mine for the circuitboard to power on two external relays and wired them in reverse polarity so that it can go forward and reverse. The torque is all there now due to being straight to 12v battery. Only drawback is that it's only one speed and still needs more torque but way better than stock. It will climb curbs now. I really think this mixed with some better motors will be plenty. The front tires will hop off the ground with a fresh charge.


Can you post photos? I am guessing the only speed is just fast/high? Does the remote still work?
User avatar
By JLaBonte007
#145156
I am actually doing this mod right now. Just bought the Flysky fs-gt3b off Amazon and plan on running seperate battery for the reciever and powering the motors with a Slow Start Device I bought from china for the two 12v motors and a separate Slow Start Device for steering servo. I'll let you know how it goes.
User avatar
By Joedirtee
#146259
hobz.mars wrote:1st. Thank all of you who participate here! I have been a long time lurker...

I purchased this jeep because of the remote control function. I figured it would be a good base for future mod being that it is already had the required steering upgrades needed for rc. Unfortunately the remote control function doesn't work very well. The remote keeps losing sync and i have had to drag this thing home a couple of times. I was wondering if anyone knew how to add a real rc board to this so i can bind it to real remote.

My son is a little too young to drive this by himself now but he will be able to soon. I dont want to make this a true rc i want him to still have the option to drive it once he is older.

Completed Mods: Mini amp, bluetooth module and 2, 3.5 in 2 way speakers. Punisher hood vinyl and licence plates



Did you ever figure out the issue with the remote?
User avatar
By Zbake21
#147441
Has anyone done a 24 volt conversion on this jeep? I think I fried the circuit board when I tried it on mine. Im thinking it will have to be wired direct from the throttle and gears selector to the motors. Any input would be helpful
User avatar
By JKColorado
#147671
Stephenrinaudo wrote:I modified mine for the circuitboard to power on two external relays and wired them in reverse polarity so that it can go forward and reverse. The torque is all there now due to being straight to 12v battery. Only drawback is that it's only one speed and still needs more torque but way better than stock. It will climb curbs now. I really think this mixed with some better motors will be plenty. The front tires will hop off the ground with a fresh charge.


Looks like I blew a fuse on my circuit board. The company is refunding my whole purchase, but I'd like to get the jeep up and running again. Any advice?
User avatar
By Double0ben
#147808
I bought one of these jeeps for my daughter last year. As mentioned before, it is flimsy plastic and smaller than it appears in any add i 've seen about it. There isn't any type of frame under it. It's only big enough for one child which is fine but it's o not rated for something like 60 lbs i think. I never had a single issue with the remote losing signal and I honestly can say I did enjoy driving my daughter around in it. I put a second battery but because of the circut board I kept it at 12v but it gave us an all day run time. I also loaded it with led lights. This thing would light up the night.
Everything was great until one day I was installing some more lights and a hot Wire grounded itself out and pop. Board burnt up. It was my own fault, nobody to blame but me. I tried to identify the burnt components to replace them. Nothing had numbers printed on them. So I contacted the company to see if I could purchase a replacement board. The co. would not sell me one. They said if the jeep was still under the factory warrantee they could help if I had proof of purchase. If the warrantee was expired there isn't anything they can do.... Best Choice Products will not offer any assistance after the warrantee has expired. So replacement parts are not available. Although my experience with the actual jeep was good, Best choice products customer service policies could use an overhaul. So because of that I wouldn't recommend the jeep. You would be better off with a better known brand.
User avatar
By frisbyd
#148192
Is this the board you need? I had a similar issue and this replacement works great.

Wellye Control Box Receiver Match 2.4G Bluetooth Remote Control, Mainboard Motherboad Accessories Children Electric Ride On Toys Kids Power Wheels RC Car Replacement Parts

LINK:
-https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072HRXN3F/ref=s9u_simh_gw_i5?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pd_rd_i
User avatar
By AGM423
#148343
Hey Guys,

I wanted to add some info about the Best Choice Jeeps and I would assume the other ride on toys from them.
I recently acquired a used Jeep from a friend and I wanted to fix it up for my little boy. It did not come with a remote and after searching forum after forum, google, online hobby stores , ETC. trying to get info on what I could do to either find a replacement or somehow do a conversion I finally found it on Amazon of all places. its the receiver and transmitter( remote control ). Its only $25.00. Just go to Amazon and search for " Wellye remote control" .... hope this helps out. God Bless
User avatar
By begginerwithaplan
#148530
starting from top pin 1 is gonna be the antenna if your putting it on the jeep because the factory broke or cause you want better and faster take off and top speed you will lose all controls and will no longer be 2.4ghz order the one in the pic for replacement for 25$ red wire should be bottom pin and top should have no wire being this is 7 pin control box and jeep is 6 pin just add an antenna wire in that place and shes ready took it off my daughters suv after forgetting her jeep in rain so replaced it fast and easy now shes on wheelies
Attachments
31+JqeYUCWL._SY355_.jpg
31+JqeYUCWL._SY355_.jpg (9.21 KiB) Viewed 4869 times
User avatar
By Bamaofficial
#149285
begginerwithaplan wrote:starting from top pin 1 is gonna be the antenna if your putting it on the jeep because the factory broke or cause you want better and faster take off and top speed you will lose all controls and will no longer be 2.4ghz order the one in the pic for replacement for 25$ red wire should be bottom pin and top should have no wire being this is 7 pin control box and jeep is 6 pin just add an antenna wire in that place and shes ready took it off my daughters suv after forgetting her jeep in rain so replaced it fast and easy now shes on wheelies



Could you please go into more detail with this mod. I would love to speed up my lil man's BCP Jeep!

Hi all, New to the forums and I searched for this[…]

Find new experiences. Just click to see every day.[…]

Have interesting content. I have never seen anythi[…]

For a better solution, you can utilize algicide or[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course