M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By Bennettj13
http://bestchoiceproducts.com/products/ ... 7277572739

Anyone have any experience with these? This is the most accurate Jeep style body I've seen out there. I plan to do the "normal" mods to it over time, but my daughter would really dig her own big jeep like dads. This keeps catching my eye, but I'm finding few reviews from anyone who has modded one. Thanks in advance!

James
By SigEp
Bennettj13 wrote:What makes it look "junky"? It doesn't look bad to me.

Experience from owning hundreds of ride ons over the years. I can tell that the tires look flimsy and the seams on the rollbars show that the car is likely made from thin plastic. Plus experience tells me that a factory remote is a giveaway that it's a cheap ride on. Quality costs money though and a nice ride from Peg Perego runs $500-1000 new. But that's why most people on this site buy used off Craigslist.

Experience tells me that a ride on like that jeep might be ok for your kid for a year or so, but when you go to sell it, you will only get a fraction of your $ back out of it. And that's assuming everything is still working perfectly on it which is not likely. Alternatively you can pick up a nice used (like new) Peg Perego ride off Craigslist for a similar price and a couple years down the road sell it for that same price.
By Bigmac41288b
Factory remote also usually means some sort of circuit board control so it's harder to modify later with higher voltage.

What would worry me about buying it is the only two reviews are from a month ago and sound more like advertisements than an actual review. Also the specs are not very accurate and seem to contradict themselves which means the company selling it most likely knows absolutely nothing about the product itself.

I would recommend buying used as well. Use the money you save to get extra batteries or extra powerwheels!
By Bennettj13
My only issue is that this actually looks like a jeep. I suppose I can settle for now before I build her a kids tube buggy later. lol
By 800eastrider
We got one for our daughter for x-mas this year.. the overall quality is great . Very sturdy body and roll bars. Tires are thick sturdy plastic with rubber traction. The suspension is okay the rear springs are pretty stiff . The radio is a little tricky to navigate at first (the institutions are limited) but the functions work well. My biggest complaint is the low end torque (does not take off well) the top speed is good but not good on grass. I have replaced the 2 drive motors with donated motors from her old Barbie Jeep (witch were very good torque) it helped but not much it does seem to be a little faster then before. I'm thinking there is a resistor on the PC board to limit the current being delivered to the motors. I'm working on a hand held switch for direct power to the motors to figure out if it's a gear ratio or loss of power through the PC board.
By Stephenrinaudo
I modified mine for the circuitboard to power on two external relays and wired them in reverse polarity so that it can go forward and reverse. The torque is all there now due to being straight to 12v battery. Only drawback is that it's only one speed and still needs more torque but way better than stock. It will climb curbs now. I really think this mixed with some better motors will be plenty. The front tires will hop off the ground with a fresh charge.
By toycrusher
Thanks for sharing! :D
By Musicmaker1586
Can you explain in more detail about the items you used and the wiring? Are you still on 12v? I was thinking this has some type of ESC that gradually increases voltage for the suddel start. Will wiring another battery fry the radio and or control board?
By hobz.mars
1st. Thank all of you who participate here! I have been a long time lurker...

I purchased this jeep because of the remote control function. I figured it would be a good base for future mod being that it is already had the required steering upgrades needed for rc. Unfortunately the remote control function doesn't work very well. The remote keeps losing sync and i have had to drag this thing home a couple of times. I was wondering if anyone knew how to add a real rc board to this so i can bind it to real remote.

My son is a little too young to drive this by himself now but he will be able to soon. I dont want to make this a true rc i want him to still have the option to drive it once he is older.

Completed Mods: Mini amp, bluetooth module and 2, 3.5 in 2 way speakers. Punisher hood vinyl and licence plates
By Musicmaker1586
Stephenrinaudo wrote:I modified mine for the circuitboard to power on two external relays and wired them in reverse polarity so that it can go forward and reverse. The torque is all there now due to being straight to 12v battery. Only drawback is that it's only one speed and still needs more torque but way better than stock. It will climb curbs now. I really think this mixed with some better motors will be plenty. The front tires will hop off the ground with a fresh charge.

Can you post photos? I am guessing the only speed is just fast/high? Does the remote still work?
By JLaBonte007
I am actually doing this mod right now. Just bought the Flysky fs-gt3b off Amazon and plan on running seperate battery for the reciever and powering the motors with a Slow Start Device I bought from china for the two 12v motors and a separate Slow Start Device for steering servo. I'll let you know how it goes.
By Joedirtee
hobz.mars wrote:1st. Thank all of you who participate here! I have been a long time lurker...

I purchased this jeep because of the remote control function. I figured it would be a good base for future mod being that it is already had the required steering upgrades needed for rc. Unfortunately the remote control function doesn't work very well. The remote keeps losing sync and i have had to drag this thing home a couple of times. I was wondering if anyone knew how to add a real rc board to this so i can bind it to real remote.

My son is a little too young to drive this by himself now but he will be able to soon. I dont want to make this a true rc i want him to still have the option to drive it once he is older.

Completed Mods: Mini amp, bluetooth module and 2, 3.5 in 2 way speakers. Punisher hood vinyl and licence plates

Did you ever figure out the issue with the remote?
By Zbake21
Has anyone done a 24 volt conversion on this jeep? I think I fried the circuit board when I tried it on mine. Im thinking it will have to be wired direct from the throttle and gears selector to the motors. Any input would be helpful

Original reply deleted. See below. ***UPDATE**[…]

I was very lucky to find a Mario Kart on craigsli[…]

Gaucho grande

Hello everyone. Does anyone have parts for Gauch[…]

I will arrange can we exchange information offline[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course